IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Gorgeous day for golf in the Dayton, Ohio area on Saturday.  Shot an 83 on at Kittyhawk - Eagle.  Forgot how to golf on the front side and shot a 46, including a double and two triples.  Had a snickers at the turn, and then proceeded to shoot a 37 on the back.  Didn't feel like I was playing all that well on the back, just made a couple of good chips and made some putts.  Had 12 pars, which I think is a personal best.  Sad the season is beginning to come to an end.  Just starting to get into a groove...for 9 holes at least.

In My Bag:
Driver: :cleveland:  Hi-Bore XLS
Irons: :cleveland:  CCi 3i-PW
Wedges: :nike:  VR V-Rev Cast Black-Satin
Putter: :ping:  IC 20-10A

Started Saturday morning's round at 40 degrees (after a frost delay) and finished at beautiful, sunny 65. The golf wasn't as pretty. 44-45-89

Bill M

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

77 today (40-37) bogeyed the last 2 holes. 2 birdies, 4 bogeys, 11 pars, and a triple bogey. Hit the trees and bounced into the water. Hard time recovering from that.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Got out early this AM, carded a nice 80, which is my target score everytime I play for a score.

40/40, and 29 putts. All pars, and bogey 1s. The guy I was paired up with, shot an 81, which kept me on my toes. A good,  competitive round we had. 

Yeah, I missed a couple 5' birdied putts, with one lipping out. 

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Well today my run of nothing over 90 for 18 holes ended. 45/45, with 36 putts. 

Couple of doubles, offset by a couple of birds, so it was a pure bogey round. 

Not sure how many rounds under 90 I had, but the time frame lasted several months. I'm good with that. 

Now's a good time to start another string of good numbers

No excuses today. Good weather. Decent playing partner. Wasn't rushed by others. Just didn't focus well enough for a better score. 

During the the round I thought about the "would you rather #3" thread. If I'd made everything inside 10' feet, I'd been around an 82. Maybe an 81.

Practice green tomorrow. 

In My Bag:

My brother and I went for 9 again, and he played the whites again. Today wasn’t as much of a success as last time. I hit the ball well when I practiced yesterday, but that didn’t translate to today. After going +4 on the first three holes, I had back-to-back triples, both of them 3-putts. I had one double and three pars the rest of the way for a 48. Not terrible, but bad enough for me to be disappointed. Was hoping for 40 today. My brother played solid golf. After a 7-9 start, he played a solid seven holes and finished with 54. On his standards, that’s a great score. We’re probably going out for 18 tomorrow, so we’ll see how that goes.

Edited by dagolfer18

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

After my trash round yesterday, I had a 48 on the front today. The only upside is a snaking 40-footer for birdie on the 7th, which I consider one of the toughest holes, even though it says it’s the 11th toughest on the card. Then I went double-double-par-double to start the back and played the last five in +2. Overall, a 92. I’m happy, because I was out there grinding, so that’s always good.

Edited by dagolfer18

WITB:

I was walking off the practice green, and got an offer I couldn't refuse. Free golf with a good friend. Can't turn that scenario down. 

5-1/2 hours later we are in the club house killing sandwhiches, and a few pitchers, with a couple of other guys who joined us during the round.  

Carded an 80 (39/41&29 putts) I did, which was a far better round than yesterday's 90. Had everything but a triple bogey on the score card. 

I don't normally play on weekends because of the crowds. We persevered. 

In My Bag:

Thursday's round was an 88 (44-44), Friday, an 83 (41-42), Saturday, an 83 (43-40), and this morning was an 81, but it should have been a lot better than that. Shot a 37 on the front 9, and then the wife started ranting on something, and I just lost focus. 44 on the back 9. 2 birdies, 7 pars, 7 bogeys, and 2 doubles.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

91 at Park Ridge.  This is a personal best for me at a course I have struggled with quite a lot. It has six par 5 holes, six par 4, and six par 3.  Played the black tees too, which I should not be doing.  The par 5 15th is just stupid from that tee box.  You have to carry almost 220 over a dead zone of plants.  It's not a raised tee box or anything either (see image).  Then there is a blind second shot on a steep incline.  From the tee blue tees I usually play, you just plan to hit your tee shot on top of that hill, but this was hard. The prevailing winds are in your face too.  My tee stroke was a lowish burner that is a common miss for me. It would have rolled out to 250 or so on flat terrain, but it did not quite clear the mess.  My second shot was a high fade, not great, held up by the wind.  It hit the hill and bounced back a bit, into muck and nearly back into the hazard.  I had no business attempting any of that.  Ended up with an 8.

IMG_E2113.thumb.JPG.a83fc2f4e60b21d8836e6d5c0fda9643.JPG

92 yesterday at Palms at Palm Aire.  I played a number of holes during rain, but I don't think I suffered all that much from it. Approach shots were pretty good.  Putting not so much. Nothing terribly interesting to report though.  Well, except that my wife was pissed that I went.

Played twice this weekend.

Friday (birthday) left work early and played Willinger - A great design south of the cities.  The pair of designers pretty much worked together on 4 of my favorite courses in the midwest.  I try to play them all.  did 3 of 4 this fall.  1 over on the front 11 - clean play.  probably 12 over meltdown on the last 7 - high winds and I caught and played with a twosome on 10.  Fun guys, but I'm better relaxed and solo.  Good day.

Sunday - Chaska Town Course (I've moved there, so instead of playing it once a fall, I can get resident rates).  4th round this fall.... Best round of the year on their last day open.  40 degrees and windy.  3 birdies (on 2 par 5's and one short 4) and 2 bogies - one of the bogies was a 3 putt, the other I hit a bunker and couldn't get up and down....  Just an empty course, mucked around, looked for balls, played the risk shots and got them to work - even the last hole I got the par 5 green in two which is just a stupid move most of the time.  A good hitting day for sure.

Interesting in the only common factor of my 2 best rounds of the year were that I put on a new glove.  And the balls actually went where I was pointing them......But I also chipped slightly better and definitely hit my long irons better than usual.

Edited by rehmwa

Bill - 

Just had my best 9 ever,  a 33. 3 birdies and 6 pars. The back 9 wasn't so great. 1 birdie, 3 pars, 3 bogeys, and 2 doubles, for a 42. The doubles were my doing. Hit the ground with my driver before the ball, which shoved it deep into some bushes, just off the tee box. Had to take a drop, ended up on the green in 4, but 2 putted for the double. The other was just stupidity. Par 5, with 210 left to the green. proceed to hit a really nice shot, but pushed it right, OB! The other double.  Overall, not a bad score, 75.

My brother and I went to play 9 again. I played well up until the 7th hole, and I went double-triple-double to end the round with a 49. The 9th is a 445-yard (white tee) par-5, so I was furious about a 7. Had 21 putts. Ugh! I can’t make a thing right now. My brother played OK, but he had a 12 on the 4th, an 8 on the 8th, and a 9 on the 9th. That’s +15 for three holes. He shot +9 for the other six, including a par on the 7th. I really need at least one good round come my 36-hole day Friday (for more on that, see my other thread). I think if I just get pace down and take a bit more time on my shots (we were sorta pressed for time today), I’ll play well. I was playing bogey golf through 6, which is my goal.

WITB:

I have been playing in a lot of scrambles, but have not played a round with my own ball for a couple of months.   Had a free round, so I played 18 at The Highlands course here in Sarasota with a buddy of mine.  I shot  seven over par 79.  While I am happy every time I break 80, it was a frustrating round.  The greens were shaggy, seems like they were not cut today or maybe for the last two days.  I had 4 putts that stopped on the front edge of the hole.   G^%$#@$^)(*    If they go in, I shot 75 and leave a LOT happier.

Back to the range tomorrow for more practice, and maybe head to the gym so I can become stronger -- and hit those putts one roll more.  On the other hand, I will probably go back to my home course where the greens run 10 plus on the STIMPMETER and make more putts.  LOL!!

15 minutes ago, JuanTheGolfer said:

I have been playing in a lot of scrambles, but have not played a round with my own ball for a couple of months.   Had a free round, so I played 18 at The Highlands course here in Sarasota with a buddy of mine.  I shot  seven over par 79.  While I am happy every time I break 80, it was a frustrating round.  The greens were shaggy, seems like they were not cut today or maybe for the last two days.  I had 4 putts that stopped on the front edge of the hole.   G^%$#@$^)(*    If they go in, I shot 75 and leave a LOT happier.

Back to the range tomorrow for more practice, and maybe head to the gym so I can become stronger -- and hit those putts one roll more.  On the other hand, I will probably go back to my home course where the greens run 10 plus on the STIMPMETER and make more putts.  LOL!!

I know the Highlands. Not a bad little track. but conditioning is always a problem there!

I shot 79 today.  2 doubles and no birdies.  Ugh...  Absent 2 bad swings, I struck the ball well though.

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Wednesday shot a 77, and yesterday was an ugly 82.

Shaggy greens is what it is. Our course overseeded for the winter about a week ago, and they don't expect to cut the greens for another week, or so, depending on how well they're growing.

Played 36 today. Before I get into the rounds, I just want to say that these scores do not reflect my ability. I had to use my dads clubs because my clubs were in my moms car, who already took off for work.

ROUND 1 (9:00): A few of my teammates came to play, and I actually played ok, considering I wasn’t using my own clubs. I shot a front-nine 49, followed by a back-nine 48 for a 97. Didn’t putt great (39 putts) but I knew I had 18 holes to make up for it. Then,

ROUND 2 (1:45): I ate some lunch then got back out for the second 18. I’ll just say this. Worst. Round. Ever. I was +10 thru 4, then had an 11 on the fifth. Finished with 59 on the front. Then, I played 10-13 in +5, thinking ‘okay, maybe I can play a decent back nine’. Nope. I made a 10 on the 14th and a 9 on the 15th. Then dumped one in the water on 18 and made a triple. That put me at 117. Putting was horrific (44!!).

But, on the bright side, I drove the ball fairly well, hitting 10/14 in the first round and 9/14 in the second. First round was okay, but the second wasn’t, whether with or without my own clubs. A day to forget, basically. Gonna take tomorrow off, then get some serious range work in on Sunday.

Edited by dagolfer18

WITB:

My new Maltby irons arrived today. I took them out to play 18 after work on my favorite executive course, par 59 and shot my best score ever - 71.

I was worried it would take me a while to adjust to these irons but I guess I’ll be okay. 

9F9E6C7F-589D-49C1-919D-2F6E7CEB4058.jpeg

AE018019-B10E-4B11-ADDE-C691FF487CF7.jpeg