IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

72 from the blue tees. Not great considering how well I was hitting the driver. Had an 8-iron and a 7-iron into two par 5's and made par both times. Then doubled 16, another par 5 lol

IMG_6333.PNG

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My last 4 rounds have been a little above average for me. Scoring wise that is. I played these rounds earlier in the day, during lower temps. This meant more clothes, and a more restrictive full swing. 

All four rounds were played on consectutive days, with the same foursome of long time friends. Golf is always better when played with good friends.

Averaged 84.2, while averaging 30 4 putts per round. That 84 is 4 strokes higher than my target score of 80. Not that I average 80 over a few rounds. It just gives me something to shoot for, and I can still card an 80 on a good day. 

The 30. 4 putting might sound good, but it's a false statistic. No three putts however. 

Lowest round was an 83, with the highes being an 85. I suppose there is something to be said for consistency there. 

These 4 rounds were split between our two local courses. Not surprisingly my two lowest scores came on the more wide open course. Landing areas a much larger on the more open course. 

Mostly bogies and pars. Had 4 birds, but the big stickler was two 6s on par 4s. Just missed a couple of makeable putts. Stuff happens. Parred all the 5s

Going to take the rest of the week off, except for my daily practice routines. I am now well over 750 (800+?) straight days of either play, or some sort of practice. Lost count a while back. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Shot 42 yesterday on the back nine of an executive course I frequent in the area. (+11). I played solid bogey golf on every hole except #13 which is my nemesis hole. 

Shot a 37-42 yesterday for a 79. Front 9 was great, back 9, I was missing 5 foot putts. They were all around the cup, just not dropping.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Had to play the front twice yesterday due to frost on the back and very wet conditions.  Managed a 43 first time and a 40 second time. Pretty happy with that in these conditions.

Shot an 82 today. Pretty pleased, considering that it was somewhere between 30 and 34 degrees out. Impossible to get anything to stop close, and I had to play ultra-conservatively on my approaches. Doing things like hitting a pitching wedge 160 yards with the frozen ground. Had 3 drives over 298 yards though. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

A real ugly 85 yesterday (43-42). Lately, I think I'm becoming a golf snob. Whenever I play with people with a 20's-30's handicap index, I shoot terrible. When I'm play with people in the scratch-15 handicap range, I think I concentrate a little harder and score much better.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

85 today. Wedge game is poor. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

Ohhh!! It's getting worse. 87 today (41-46). I think it may be time for a break, but we'll find out after tomorrow's round.

88, posts as an 87.  Hansen Dam, blue tees.  Parred #2, didn't have another par until #14 (although I did birdie #13).  

In classic Shindig style, I had 2.32 strokes lost driving (good for a 10 hcp level), 0.51 strokes lost approach (good for darn near scratch), and can we please not talk about my putting?  In my defense, I haven't practiced putting in about a month and a half and didn't warm up putting today (ran late).  In my not-defense, I should know better about both of those.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I shot a 97 today. Front nine of 43, with a double and a triple. Started to rain on the back nine, and we paid for 18, so I played 18. On holes 10-14, I went double-triple-triple-triple-triple. Not much experience playing in the rain at all, but still really ticked off. Played the last four holes at +5. My brother didn’t play with me today. He wasn’t allowed. Here’s my evaluation for today, will be doing letter grades now:

FIR: 6/14

GIR: 4/18

PUTTS: 37

Long Game: C-. Hit a little under half the fairways, which isn’t my norm. Contact was a bit off.

Mid Game: C-. Several thin shots with irons, but there were a few outstanding iron shots that offset those.

Short Game: C. Most of my chips ended up 6-7 feet short so definitely not the best my chipping has been. Distance control was difficult, especially when the rain started.

Putting: B-. The greens were a bit soft today, which I didn’t think about as we drove to the course. I made a few decent-length putts, which I was really happy about. Even lipped out a tricky birdie putt, which I thought I had.

Recovery: B. Several solid recovery shots, but again, got worse when the rain came.

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Shot 41, 39 today for an 80. One birdie and only one double.  Would be nice if I could play this well more often.  

Shot 105 yesterday in a threesome with raining starting up on the back 9. I still won the round with that score. 🙂

I felt I was hitting really well with minimal mishits, but had too many trip bogies. I was soaked to the bone around the 11 hole. Water was dripping off my hat and was hard to see what I was doing.

Putter felt like grease when I putted as I could not keep it dry enough. Drives were super nice and irons were pretty good. Had one hole that had 10 strokes, but came right back on the next hole and didn't lose it.

After a nice drive from the Tee, I drove a nice 167 yd iron over the water on the 18th hole and chipped up to the green, but still wound up three putting. Just could not hold the putter straight.

It was funny when we finished up the 18th hole and drove up to the clubhouse we were the only cars in the lot! That is dedication right there (or was it stupidity?)!

Edited by luchnia

Well, sort of redeemed myself with a solid 80 (40-40) today. 1 birdie, 9 pars, 7 bogeys, and 1 double bogey. Now a couple of days off.

83 today. Wedge game still awful. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear: