IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Still can't seem to get the clubhead on the ball. Shanks, slices, topping the ball. The last 3 days scores have been 87, 85, 85. I had to take myself out of competitive play for the foreseeable future. Especially the team events. When you're listed as the 'A' player, and you are scoring like the 'C' or 'D' player, you bring the whole team down.

Which brings up another point (question). Is the new handicap system really fair. My lowest index for the year has been 6.5. Right now my index is an 8.8. After today's round, it's telling me that I should be at a 9.6 index tomorrow, which hits the 3 point soft cap. If I'm going to keep scoring the way I am, the max my handicap index can be is a 11.5, which is the 5 stroke hard limit, but wouldn't necessarily be reflecting my game at that time. 11.5 index reflects a score of 78. There is no way I can compete against people if I'm still shooting 85-92, so I'll have to stay out of competitive golf until I can get my game back.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Having shot a bunch of 107s, I figured it'd be a good idea to submit a card, so I went out with two folk I've never played before (my normal playing partner is away for a week), and had them mark my card.  Of course, I turned in my first performance ever... 116!  Several blow-up holes, and some times where I got into trouble by being aggressive to try to make up for bad holes.  But also some really good stuff into the mix.

Cobra F-Max Driver | Ping Karsten 3H, 4H, 5H | Titleist 690MB 5-PW | TaylorMade ATV 52* 56* 60* | Odyssey White Hot #1

Strange day. 1st holes I looked lost. Hit some ugly shots. Opened +4  through 3. Got it together and shot 6 over on the front. Only bogey on the back was at 17. 8 pars and 37. Normally I play the front well then fall apart late. It’s rare to open like shit and play the back great. I’ll take the 42/37. 

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

Shot a 94 at Quicksilver. This course is used for Senior PGA events and was used for Web.com events.

Instead of the “bump the left knee” feel to start the downswing, I started coming up with a feel that had some direction to it in terms of how the knee worked. To put words to the feel, I’d say “drive the knee forward and down at a 45 degree angle”. I actually started puring some irons. I really really liked this feel. Helps with the weight shift and working down to the ball a bit more. I could feel my low point shift an inch or two forward AND down which made all the difference.

The greens were like glass.

Edited by Grizvok

Played in our club championship this past weekend.  Shot 89 both days from silver tees.  Not that great but an ok tournament score for me and better than I did last year. Played Tuesday and shot 83 off silver which was net 70, so 2 under my cap.  Played combo's Wednesday and had my best round in years with an 80, net 65 and got my first eagle since relocating after retiring.  Also got 3 birdies in the same round.  Played again Friday and shot 84, net 72 with a couple of birdies.  Leaving the driver out of the bag for the last few rounds has certainly helped in the penalty department.  I recently replaced my 3W and the new shaft in it is so stable I feel I can trust it so much more.  Have ordered a new driver shaft with a similar spec but slightly lighter than 3W shaft, so hopefully will be able to have a similar stability with the driver and a few extra yards in the fairway.

Shot 91 on a weird day; hot and extremely humid for the Bay Area. Teed off at 6:20am and it was already about 80 degrees and swampy. After reaching just short of the green on #1, severe weather (wind/lightning) caused a 2 hour delay. After the restart I failed miserably to get my swing in sync. By the turn the humidity had sucked all the energy out of me, and just kind of went through the motions after that.

Never got going with driver. I did flush some 3W and long irons off the tee with my new swing feel which was nice. Short game was decent but putting was terrible. Besides sinking one 40 footer, I couldn’t gauge the speed of the greens with intermittent showers.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

69-69 this weekend. Pro shop had to post the round yesterday, this is today's round.

IMG_5054.PNGIMG_5053.PNG

• Like 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

After shooting 108 last week, and realizing on the 18th while taking a practice swing for the first time of the round (yeah..) that I wasn't transferring my weight from the back foot to the front foot at all during that round, I played the best round of my life yesterday.

Yesterday I shot 90 which is the best result of my life. All thanks to two small adjustments, weight transfer and a stronger grip on the 3 wood to prevent slicing.

Can't wait for my next round 

Shot 94 at a new course yesterday, Kyber Run. I was a bit disappointed in the course conditions as they are doing some renovating, which is all good. However, it seems they have just let some tee boxes and several of the greens go to hell with crabgrass and so many pitch marks and some disease, it was hard to get true putts at times.

I would love to play this course again after all the work is done as the layout is beautiful. Water is in play on 16 of 18 holes with several forced carries. I only rinsed one, so my fear of water is diminishing. 

Driver has been a bit inconsistent lately. I feel I'm spraying them left and right, more right and when I try to fix the push or block, I over correct too far left. Hoping I get it figured out soon for a bit more consistency. 

Driver - Callaway Epic Flash, 3 Wood - Callaway Mavrik, 4 Hybrid - Callaway Big Bertha,

Irons - 5-AW Mavrik Pro's, Putter - Odyssey White Hot OG 1, Ball - Callaway Chrome Soft

1 hour ago, Greg 504 said:

Shot 94 at a new course yesterday, Kyber Run. I was a bit disappointed in the course conditions as they are doing some renovating, which is all good. However, it seems they have just let some tee boxes and several of the greens go to hell with crabgrass and so many pitch marks and some disease, it was hard to get true putts at times.

I would love to play this course again after all the work is done as the layout is beautiful. Water is in play on 16 of 18 holes with several forced carries. I only rinsed one, so my fear of water is diminishing. 

I really enjoy the layout as well, I played it multiple times this spring and the greens and tee boxes were in great shape then so maybe once we get through the worst of the summer they'll put a bit more effort into the maintenance. I'd say it's probably in my top 10 for courses that I play regularly, especially when factoring in price ($30-40 summer rates and < $30 for spring/fall including cart)

There are a couple short par 4s which give you a chance to score, but then there are a couple long par 4s on the back that stretch to 462 and 475 from the tips.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Shot 38-38-76 this weekend in our rain shortened Sr. Club Championship, ended up in 4th place gross but won the net portion of the tournament. Didn't hit the ball off the tee great, but 28 putts makes up for a lot of poor drives.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

After my self-imposed layoff for a day, (the wife needed to play on Sunday) so I went out with her. I figured that I'd just whack it around and not really play.

So I start off on the first tee. Can you really shank a driver??? I mean yanked it into the trees near the women's tees. Dropped straight down. Topped it out of the rough to get to the fairway. 150 yards out, Big duck hook behind the trees, 85 yards from the green. Put it on the green and 2 putt for a double. Yep, that's where the game has been going. All I could do is laugh.

2nd hole, big draw/hook into the left rough. 190 yards to the green. Take the 3 rescue hybrid out. Figure I seem to be drawing/hooking everything, aim way right and let it fly. Straight into the sun, so I can't see a thing after it takes flight. Get up near the green, and the ball is 2 feet from the cup. A tap in birdie.

Par on 3, birdie 4, pars on 5 and 6, birdie on 7, pars on 8 and 9, for a 1 under 35.

Back side, pars from 10 through 14, bogey on 15, double on 16, but birdie 17, finishing with a par on 18, for a 38 on the back

How can I shoot 88, 84, 92, 85, 87, 85, 85, then come back with a 73?

So today, the old game comes back with an 84.

I wish I knew what the secret is.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Mixed bag 112 today... I feel like I'm actually making more mistakes at present than a week or so ago.  Maybe trying too hard.  Also it's rained a bit recently, and the ball isn't running as much, and our greens have been treated, so are now much much slower, and it's taking a while to adjust.

Cobra F-Max Driver | Ping Karsten 3H, 4H, 5H | Titleist 690MB 5-PW | TaylorMade ATV 52* 56* 60* | Odyssey White Hot #1

Went to a little par 3 course with a couple of the boys from work. Longest hole I think was about 160. Shot pretty well, only brought the 54, the PW, and the 9 iron. Walked 36. First 18 shot a 68 second 18 shot a 64. Was cool to be out on the course not worrying about swing changes, or overthinking putts and instead just taking swings, and having fun outside. I'll try to bring that mentality to the regular rounds but I doubt I'll be able to haha. 

Traveled a lot for last month and hadn’t played home course since 7/18. Shot 74 today. 2nd lowest of the season. Opened with birds at 1 and 3. Was still under par until a 3 putt double at 6. Played the front at +1 which dating back to last round would be +2 in that 18 hole stretch. 3 bad bogeys on the back tho today. Chunked a wedge from 50 yards at 10 that led to a bogey. Hit a drive at 11 lake right on a par 5 that is a birdie hole. Cooked a wedge over the green at 18 from 70. Left some shots out there today but still playing very well of late.

Ping G400 9 degree driver, 3 Wood and 3 Hybrid, Ping 2016 G 4-UW,  Ping Glide Forged Pro 52 degree, Ping Glide 2.0 WS 56 degree, Ping Craz-E Putter, Titleist Tour Soft balls

39 (+3); four bogies (Two were three-putts), one birdie

FW: 5/6

GIR: 7/9

one errant tee shot and 2 three-putts cost me strokes. overall, happy with progress learning distances with new irons (one of my missed greens was a well struck approach which flew the green). Work in progress 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Played a new course today that I would have never played as it is a members only course that offered discount coupons through GroupGolfer.  The course is not overly long - about 6,500yds from the tips, we played from the regular men's tees about 6,100yds.  Started out with a par so was feeling real good!  Overall the round had 3 pars, 6 bogeys, 6 doubles with the other three triple or worse. Only one snowman.  End score - 99.  My son remarked on several shots that he was seeing my long clubs developing a slight draw. Putting was good - however the greens were relatively uneventful, except #1 which was wonderfully undulated.  Man, I was hoping the rest were to be the same. Course management was good, only needing one shot through the trees...whew!  Worst shot of the day - long approach needing a fairway to get there, on a below the feet lie, water guarding the right side of the green - what do I fail to do?  Close the face of the club which I instantly regret not doing as I see it heading to the water.  One lost ball and drop later, I am thinking "I practice this shot all the time on the little ditch bank behind the home, why did I not see that is what I needed to do...."  Ended the round well as I parred 18 even after hitting my 3rd into the sand (par 5)....out of sand and onto the green for a 10' for par.  Drilled it dead center!  Good day of golf!      

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Shot one of the strangest rounds today (only had time for 9 this afternoon).

Chipping was horrendous, 3 separate holes took 2 chips to get to a putt and the holes I did chip on I still had about 30 feet to complete the up and down.  Only hit three greens, but birdied all three.   

Double, triple, triple, birdie, birdie, bogey, double, birdie, triple...talk about a freaking roller coaster.  Ended up with a 47.