IGNORED

TST's New IPS Forum - Post Your Bugs, Etc.

iacas
Note: This thread is 2685 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

They're gone. We have them in the database backup but have no plans to re-create them any time soon. This was announced before.

Look for the 4.1 updates.

We were done with Huddler and they were done with us.

Sounds like something went really sour. Never heard of Huddler but I guess that's the company that runs the software. Who does it now? 

Came here to post about how the search function was driving me mad. Even when you click "show topics only" it still just gives me a bunch of random posts with a keyword or two. Totally forgot about the Google trick. Thanks for the reminder.:-)

Yeah it's hard to beat Google's search. I guess that's why a lot of sites just give in (like the company I work for) and just build in a custom Google search on their page. As opposed to having their own search function. Maybe thesandrap should do that.

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

Folks,

You need to clean up your profile page and also check your private messages. Your inbox may be full. To delete a PM conversation, you need to select "Leave Conversation".

Once you leave a conversation to delete the PM, if the other party responds to the conversation, does it open it back up on your side and add you back to the conversation? Or do they need to create a new pm for you to receive a response?

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Once you leave a conversation to delete the PM, if the other party responds to the conversation, does it open it back up on your side and add you back to the conversation? Or do they need to create a new pm for you to receive a response?

Not sure.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

They cannot respond, I don't think, unless they just add someone else to the conversation. They can't add the original person back. They can of course start a new conversation with the person.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

image.thumb.jpg.f8198b621f65b68164b20fc4

Looks like there is a limit on my profile picture upload of .5MB

is this somethings that can be changed so that I can upload a picture from my iPhone?

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

is this somethings that can be changed so that I can upload a picture from my iPhone?

It's the same for any picture within a post. I had to go through imgur to post pictures for my Adidas jacket review because my Galaxy S6 takes photos at a resolution high enough for them to be ~ 3-4 mb each in a JPEG format.

• Administrator
(edited)

Can be? Yes.

Will be any time soon? Probably not.

Edit your photo to not be so large.

Edited by iacas

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

It's the same for any picture within a post. I had to go through imgur to post pictures for my Adidas jacket review because my Galaxy S6 takes photos at a resolution high enough for them to be ~ 3-4 mb each in a JPEG format.

Yeah, I had to jump through a bunch of hoops myself with posting the golf bag review photos and re sending them from my phone at lower resolution once I bumped up against the limit. Really should only come up with photo heavy posts like reviews. Maybe those will have a dedicated place in the future like the old site and with a different limit. It's a problem that's fairly limited in scope, I imagine. 

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

• Administrator

Just make the pictures smaller. We don't need to post 10-25 MP images when they're going to be viewed on a web page or a mobile phone. :-)

Just make the pictures smaller. We don't need to post 10-25 MP images when they're going to be viewed on a web page or a mobile phone. :-)

That still requires me to download a 3rd party editing software to change my photo before I can insert it. At that point going through imgur and linking the photos with a web address is easier than trying to compress each and every photo until it fits. While I agree those pictures aren't required on a regular basis, they would be nice to have with the reviews, especially for people with high resolution displays (my phone is a 2k display, many monitors are now 2k and 4k), to more accurately depict the product being reviewed.

• Administrator

That still requires me to download a 3rd party editing software to change my photo before I can insert it. At that point going through imgur and linking the photos with a web address is easier than trying to compress each and every photo until it fits. While I agree those pictures aren't required on a regular basis, they would be nice to have with the reviews, especially for people with high resolution displays (my phone is a 2k display, many monitors are now 2k and 4k), to more accurately depict the product being reviewed.

4k is only 4096 x 2160, and at common viewing distances is unnecessarily large even though it's less than 10 MP.

We can re-investigate the sizing limits later, but for now, I'm comfortable with where they are.

And I get that more and more is being done on mobile devices where it's not as easy to edit a photo. Like I said, we'll investigate it later. For now, we have much larger fish to fry.

Yeah, I had to jump through a bunch of hoops myself with posting the golf bag review photos and re sending them from my phone at lower resolution once I bumped up against the limit. Really should only come up with photo heavy posts like reviews. Maybe those will have a dedicated place in the future like the old site and with a different limit. It's a problem that's fairly limited in scope, I imagine. 

If you use Windows, just "open the photo with Microsoft Office". Then click "Edit Pictures". On the right margin you will see, "compress pictures". Web page choice will compress it to the right size for the forum.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Just curious, I'm not receiving emails on content I selected.

In the setting, it is showing "admin has the function disabled"

Thanks, Club Rat

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Just curious, I'm not receiving emails on content I selected.

In the setting, it is showing "admin has the function disabled"

Thanks, Club Rat

Just looked at your notification settings, looks fine to me.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 attempts to load a video. I copied the URL from the Centered Hip Turn thread and it took 3 tries for it to embed. Could it be a firewall issue with my work system?

Scott

My Swing Thread

Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 attempts to load a video. I copied the URL from the Centered Hip Turn thread and it took 3 tries for it to embed. Could it be a firewall issue with my work system?

This happens to me too. Tried http instead of https and youtu.be, no difference. Also w/Instagram.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I don't know if it is just temporary glitch, but my last two replies have taken something like 2 minutes to refresh and post after I submit them.

Edit:  This reply took almost exactly 2 minutes - I timed it.

Edited by Fourputt

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

If it doesn't work right away I'll paste the URL into the location bar of the browser and let the site redirect to the new URL.

Then copy and paste that in to the text.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Note: This thread is 2685 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!