IGNORED

Share your New Strokes Gained Data from GAME Golf!

iacas
Note: This thread is 2558 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

7 minutes ago, iacas said:

Stats might not be re-calculated after you edit the round(s) the way you did.

I'd remove the round from your stats, then add it back in. Maybe that'll trigger a re-build of the stats. You're probably seeing your old pre-edited stats.

That makes the most sense as well. Like you said before GIGO.

I noticed that my longest 3W did not reset when I added a shot in between them, but it's probably falling off anyway. I think that the rounds get wiped out as you replace the "20", though. My stats changed as scored fell off when I started scoring.

I'll have them replaced within a couple months anyway by just getting in about 3 rounds a week, or more if we (my son and daughter) have the time.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/28/2016 at 11:13 AM, iacas said:

Mine do not appear to be dead on. Again, yesterday, GG says I lost 2.09 strokes putting to scratch while Strokes Gained from Broadie's data says I lost about 0.9 to a PGA Tour player.

If that's because they're mixing in the strokes gained putting data from people who don't care about or edit their putting data, then that could explain why.

Thanks, just found this.  I do make my putting data accurate when I edit (I pace off if necessary and write down the distance and compass direction of my last putts on my scorecard).  My putting therefore is not as bad as my stats indicate.

Another inaccuracy of my stats is my tee shots.  I had been adding any penalty shots to the next stroke, I've changed this recently an now add the penalty to the errant shot.  This is another area that could be inconsistent on how the players edit which also could screw up the data base and analysis.

I think GG should make an effort to educate the users on how to edit properly and how important it is to the community.  Easier said then done.

So, the two most relevant strokes gain/lost for me right now are for the last 5 rounds *this years rounds* vs both the average 15 HC and 10 HC. I still think the putting is off a bit because I don't know that I had fixed the flag locations on the first round or two but it is much closer than it used to be. In general it reflects about what I expected. I need to work a little on my putting and tee shots to get down to 15. And to get down closer to 10 it's mostly my tee shots and putting as well. No shockers there.

strokes lost vs 15 over last 5.jpg

strokes lost vs 10 over last 5.jpg

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

My last 4 rounds, 2016 in-season

scratch.JPG

5 hdcp.JPG

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

For whatever it's worth, I've noticed that the difference between a scratch player and a 5 HCP is just over 7 strokes (both here and here). The difference between a scratch player and a 10 HCP is just over 12 strokes (here).  

I think I did the math right from those charts- adding and subtracting positive/negative gains and losses can mess with my head.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

So...you know how in LSW it talks about how you might need to "adjust" practice ratios if short game/putting are a glaring weakness for you?  :whistle:

Capture.JPG

- John

So, just matched up my strokes gained for this year against a 25HC and the results aren't that surprising as the the range of my differentials without making adjustments for blow-up holes for all the rounds I've played this year is 26.1 to 46.4 with an average of 36.4.

2016-05-07 Strokes Gained vs 25 HC.jpg

Wow do I suck. :no:

I'm not sure, though, how it says that I'm losing the fewest amount of strokes off the tee considering how badly I've performed off the tee this year:

2016-05-07 Off the tee.jpg

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/SugarShane2787/insights/share/0dd29424e8

There is mine don't know how to capture a screen shot on my phone or embed it.

Let me know what you guys think... I was a 10.1 and the end of 2015.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Hardspoon said:

So...you know how in LSW it talks about how you might need to "adjust" practice ratios if short game/putting are a glaring weakness for you?  :whistle:

Capture.JPG

Yeah… but make sure that you take more than one round into consideration. :-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Still have only played 4 rounds this year, and my last round is one I feel will be more indicative of my efforts for the rest of the summer. I had a +21 round a few weeks back at the start of the season.

Just a related question, but once you have enough rounds, what amount of rounds back should you look at to assess your current level?.

AE2XzX6.png

Edited by cutchemist42

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like I'm trending in the right direction, maybe able to make my conservative goal of breaking into the 15 hc range this year. Not surprising that the 50-75 yard shots are part of my problem. I tend to fat or thin them as I'm just not comfortable over them yet.

strokes saved-lost vs 15 hc 5-21-16.jpg

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

I haven't posted yet, so here it is.

Added: I would probably say that my approach number is more impacted by my driver. More distance would leave me shorter approach shots that would be more likely to hit the green.

2016-05-22 09_06_24-Action center.png

Edited by CarlSpackler
Added thoughts

- Shane

• Administrator
34 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

I haven't posted yet, so here it is.

Added: I would probably say that my approach number is more impacted by my driver. More distance would leave me shorter approach shots that would be more likely to hit the green.

That's not how strokes gained should work. A 200-yard drive costs you strokes against a scratch golfer precisely because it leaves a longer approach. A 190-yard approach is judged (or should be judged) solely on other 190-yard approaches.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Screen Shot 2016-05-22 at 2.54.58 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-05-22 at 2.55.07 PM.pngDoes game golf not take drives that have found the woods into account? Off the tee seems too low to be right.

Short game seems to be affected by me playing a few rounds at hard courses. Practically impossible to chip to 5 feet.

EDIT: In smart tips, it says practising 10-33 feet will help. Does this mean I actually have to hole some putts out of 5 feet?

Edited by adragon0216

Here is mine... I guess I'm an atypical 10 handicap.

Screenshot_2016-05-22-21-57-55.png

My short game needs a ton of work... If I could level that off I'd be a single digit handicap again...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

On 5/22/2016 at 9:45 AM, iacas said:

That's not how strokes gained should work. A 200-yard drive costs you strokes against a scratch golfer precisely because it leaves a longer approach. A 190-yard approach is judged (or should be judged) solely on other 190-yard approaches.

Understood. Is it better for me to compare to a 10 handicap vs. scratch since that would be my next threshold? This is a new concept for me.

- Shane

Note: This thread is 2558 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!