IGNORED

Your Day with the (Newport) Cup! (2015 Edition)

iacas
Note: This thread is 2774 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, Golfingdad said:

OK, I finally got my pictures to work.

IMG_6981.JPG.34036fcd87de2a7d5a2793fc069

IMG_6983.JPG.f74dd6d090fd219d6e9224ff25f

IMG_6984.JPG.54b6fdc3beb4795dd193b25bbd4

IMG_6985.JPG.1eb0eda07d76231429d3a35fa85

IMG_6986.JPG.52ed4bbc6adbda3e5237434a517

IMG_6982.JPG.09640dbfb90118ec0c1cd66386a

@Big C, you are up next!  Text me your address and I'll ship it out. :)

Love the Pirate Straw!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Golfingdad said:

OK, I finally got my pictures to work.

IMG_6981.JPG.34036fcd87de2a7d5a2793fc069

IMG_6983.JPG.f74dd6d090fd219d6e9224ff25f

IMG_6984.JPG.54b6fdc3beb4795dd193b25bbd4

IMG_6985.JPG.1eb0eda07d76231429d3a35fa85

IMG_6986.JPG.52ed4bbc6adbda3e5237434a517

IMG_6982.JPG.09640dbfb90118ec0c1cd66386a

@Big C, you are up next!  Text me your address and I'll ship it out. :)

Trophy day with trophy brood! Awesome..

Vishal S.

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome topic!  It's crazy to think how it's been over 10 years now since the first playing of The Newport Cup!  Fun times!

I enjoy seeing all the photos of the Cup in all the different locations.

Edited by Thrash13

2 hours ago, Thrash13 said:

I enjoy seeing all the photos of the Cup in all the different locations.

@Big C is getting the cup for his "day" on Friday.  I was going to send it to him last week, and then we planned golf for Monday so I was going to hand it to him, but he a had last minute change of plans.  I decided to bring it anyway and get some photos with @tristanhilton85 and @DaveP043 and his gang, and to just add Indio to the list of places the cup visited, but I learned of an unfortunate family emergency on the 18th fairway so I had to race out of there prior to the 19th hole. (Everything is fine now, BTW)

3 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

but I learned of an unfortunate family emergency on the 18th fairway so I had to race out of there prior to the 19th hole. (Everything is fine now, BTW)

Good to hear its all good now.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

I am currently taking good care of the cup. If there are no objections, I'll keep it safe for a week or two until I have my official "day" with it.

Since my wife is out of town this weekend, my activities have been limited to caring for my son and watching football. I'm guessing Erik was hoping for something a bit more exciting, so I'll try to plan some fun activities for the cup when I return from a busy week or two of upcoming business travel. 

@mchepp- If you don't mind, please PM me your address, so I can get it shipped to you promptly upon completion.

• Administrator
On January 24, 2016 at 4:06 PM, Big C said:

I am currently taking good care of the cup. If there are no objections, I'll keep it safe for a week or two until I have my official "day" with it.

Since my wife is out of town this weekend, my activities have been limited to caring for my son and watching football. I'm guessing Erik was hoping for something a bit more exciting, so I'll try to plan some fun activities for the cup when I return from a busy week or two of upcoming business travel. 

@mchepp- If you don't mind, please PM me your address, so I can get it shipped to you promptly upon completion.

We don't mind a week or so, but let's try to get this around to everyone before the 2017 Newport Cup. :-)

More time to plan means… you must have a pretty great "Day" in mind! :-D

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

6 hours ago, iacas said:

More time to plan means… you must have a pretty great "Day" in mind! :-D

Uh oh... pressure!

I actually do have something in mind that I think will be pretty cool. Logistically, it will take some work, so hopefully it turns out as well in practice as it does in my mind!

Quite a day (weekend actually) for the Newport Cup! We started with a family hike around the nature trail in Long Beach on Saturday. My son and I took care of the cup while we enjoyed the ducks, geese, turtles and other wildlife that El Dorado Nature Center had to offer.

Later that afternoon, I took a trip to the driving range, where I hit a bucket of balls under the watchful eye of the cup. The girl in the stall next to me (who incidentally had a swing that would make 95% of the golfers on this site jealous) took time away from her practice to tell me that she thought the cup was "really cool."

This morning, I participated in the Huntington Beach half marathon. My wife handed me the cup around mile 12 and I cruised across the finish line with the cup in tow. I have to say that the cup was much cooler than the medals they were giving the finishers. 

Later this afternoon, we watched the Super Bowl, where the cup had the glorious distinction of holding the Super Bowl squares cash. Sadly, despite buying 20 squares, i struck out completely and that fine wad of cash was awarded to someone else.

After a busy weekend, the cup enjoyed relaxing on my desk next to my match play championship trophy. I thought the two made quite an attractive pair.

Michael Hepp, you are up next! The cup will be shipped your way tomorrow.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Upvote 5

Very cool, @Big C! That was a real action-packed day!

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• Administrator

@Big C, really raising the bar!!!

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

8 hours ago, Big C said:

Quite a day (weekend actually) for the Newport Cup! We started with a family hike around the nature trail in Long Beach on Saturday. My son and I took care of the cup while we enjoyed the ducks, geese, turtles and other wildlife that El Dorado Nature Center had to offer.

Later that afternoon, I took a trip to the driving range, where I hit a bucket of balls under the watchful eye of the cup. The girl in the stall next to me (who incidentally had a swing that would make 95% of the golfers on this site jealous) took time away from her practice to tell me that she thought the cup was "really cool."

This morning, I participated in the Huntington Beach half marathon. My wife handed me the cup around mile 12 and I cruised across the finish line with the cup in tow. I have to say that the cup was much cooler than the medals they were giving the finishers. 

Later this afternoon, we watched the Super Bowl, where the cup had the glorious distinction of holding the Super Bowl squares cash. Sadly, despite buying 20 squares, i struck out completely and that fine wad of cash was awarded to someone else.

After a busy weekend, the cup enjoyed relaxing on my desk next to my match play championship trophy. I thought the two made quite an attractive pair.

Michael Hepp, you are up next! The cup will be shipped your way tomorrow.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

That's awesome! 

• Upvote 1

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

9 hours ago, Big C said:

the cup had the glorious distinction of holding the Super Bowl squares cash

The Cup should have retained a small "handling fee"   :beer:

Great weekend with the cup @Big C

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

The race photographers caught a couple of good action shots with the cup. Here is the attached link. I think it will disappear in a couple of weeks, though. 

Race Photos

40 minutes ago, Club Rat said:

The Cup should have retained a small "handling fee"   :beer:

Great weekend with the cup @Big C

No question about it! I tried to pitch that idea, but no one else was buying it

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Cup arrived here on Saturday afternoon for me. It arrived at a very interesting time for my daughter. Currently she is slightly obsessed with any kind of trophy. I have a few from various golf tournaments member/guests, member/members, etc and she has been keeping them in her playroom. So when the Cup showed up she was beside herself with excitement. She ran around the house and even posed for a photo. 

casey_trophy.thumb.jpg.a0203a09eee674a6e

My idea for the Cup trophy was to try and capture some sites around Portland as we went about our weekend. On Sunday we went took our daughter to the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) in downtown Portland and I took a photo at the sign upon entering.

omsi_sign.thumb.jpg.c7743c255bb3079af490

OMSI has a nice area around it where you can walk around near the Williamette River here is a shot of me and the trophy with downtown in the background. 

downtown.thumb.jpg.3da43120523314131b9a6

And here is the trophy without me in the case you don't like my ugly mug.

downtownn.thumb.jpg.59c8a3eb93283b2c3132

Sunday was also Valentines Day so the trophy was able to stand in as a vase for the flowers I got my wife.

casey_rose.thumb.jpg.3720ec59c9d55767d3a

Monday was a holiday, so I got a bonus day with the Cup. It is suppose to be a "day with the Cup" but with the extra vacation day I figured what the heck. We went to the Chinese Garden located in downtown Portland. 

garden.thumb.jpg.c3b38732c78e080550dfb65

Lastly the garden is near to a very famous spot in Portland, Voodoo donuts. In reality I have only been to this place once and I don't really get the hype but the line which probably had 60-70 people in it means it must have something good. You can see part of the line on the left hand side of the picture. I will often see people on the airplane ride home with a box of voodoo donuts with them. The pink box is somewhat famous.

voodoo.thumb.jpg.eba9cdbee0bc5bf673ffd54

I am the last of the red team to have the Cup so now I am the first to send it off to someone from the blue team. I guess I should pick the person who is the most west on the blue team which I am guess is Matt. @saevel25 PM me you address and I get it on its way to you.

• Upvote 3

Michael

• Administrator

Hunter might make a good choice, too.

Hunter, then John, then Vishal/Dave/Vince, then Matt, who can drive it over to me when he comes to work on his swing.

Great day(s) so far!

P.S. @jbishop15 -> @Club Rat -> @DaveP043 -> @GolfLug -> @SavvySwede -> @saevel25 -> @iacas.

P.P.S. Gonna be tough to top some of these… :-) But the blue team, we're gonna bring it!

I've already had many days with the Cup. Has Barrett been overlooked on the West Team?

Great days with the Cup by Red Team members, the bar is set very high......:beer:

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Note: This thread is 2774 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!