IGNORED

Claim Your Achievements Here!

iacas

2 hours ago, iacas said:

I've added a Tournament Winner achievement.

2009 MPSGA-Tanglewood - Winner (Low Gross and Low Net - A Flight)

MPSGA tournaments have 110 or so participants divided into 4 flights by handicap (A-D).Handicaps range from 0-36. I have won six MPSGA events but that 2009 event was one of my best showings.  MPSGA stands for Michigan Publinx Senior Golf Assoc.

Brian Kuehn

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've broken par as well as read (multiple times, it's a good book) LSW. My signed copy is well thumbed through, which leaves me almost wishing it had been printed hardcover. 

Let's see. I broke 80 last year by barely shooting a 79. and let me tell you my bogey putt on 18 from 3 feet felt like 50 feet. I also found and bought a copy of LSW in a used book store, it's actually how I discovered this website :P. Regardless, it's preparing me for a long summer of golf practice and if I come close to shooting par I owe you guys the world!

Broke 90 (can't seem to get under 80 on my short/easy course near me either!).

Sheepishly lucked out with a hole-in-one last year, which I posted to my MySwing thread. Kind of a lost year as far as developing my golf skills (lack of time to invest), but I'll take the lucky achievement!

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

1 minute ago, adam3553 said:

I did have 2 hole in ones last season and I broke 80 multiple times last year.

I would call that a good year!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

7 hours ago, iacas said:

I've added a Tournament Winner achievement.

I'll allow each person to determine the level of tournament that he or she believes qualifies. If you want the achievement, please give me some details so I can note it in the accomplishment: the name of the tournament, the dates (or year, or month), etc. If you've won multiple tournaments, pick one.

The win I'm most proud of is winning my flight in my club's Match Play tournament last year (2015).   I have a trophy even (I haven't unboxed it because I don't have anywhere to display it).  Please note that I said "my flight" not "A flight."  The event did allow handicaps in addition to flights,  but I believe I gave strokes in almost every match.  Should I name the club?  On one hand, doing so would cleanly identify me ... on the other hand, I think just about any TST regular can easily identify me if they choose to do so (and my full name is listed elsewhere on the page anyway...)

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Broken 90. That is all.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

20 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I would call that a good year!

It was a good year! I can only count one of the hole in ones though. The second one I had I was playing by myself. The crazy thing was it happened 2 weeks after the first one and it was on the same hole and to top it all off both were with the same club, a 7 iron. It was a good 2 weeks and the second one didnt cost me any money:)

I've had two hole-in-one's (holes-in-one?). 

I've broken 90 seven of my last 20 rounds including an 81 (tournament score), which is a big improvement over the last decade of really ugly golf (i.e. prior to joining this TST)!   I have not caught a "fever" for over 30 rounds! 

The 81 would have won our club's annual senior net championship, but I was exactly seven days shy of my 55th birthday.  So no go, only a flight winner.  LOL.   

I see a double eagle above.  I nominate that for a new award (The Golden Albatross?).  Far rarer than a hole-in-one. 

I nearly had one a couple of years ago.  My ball mark, the pin, then my ball two inches directly behind the hole in a perfect line.  I think it rattled the pin, looked into the hole and decided not to go home.  Fair result considering I had blocked my drive into another fairway creating a shorter approach through a small gap in the trees.:whistle:     

• Administrator
9 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

I have a hole in one, so I'll request that achievement badge.

Done.

9 hours ago, SavvySwede said:

Tournament winner-2006 Ocean County High School Championship

Edit: also member reviewer

Done.

Member Reviewer I'm waiting for reviews in the new Member Reviews sub-forum.

9 hours ago, Crazycanuck44 said:

Broke 90 on my course  few times almost broke 80 but close not good nuff. Lol

All set. Please edit your signature, though: lots of broken images in there. Pretty please @Crazycanuck44.

9 hours ago, boogielicious said:

How about a League Championship for the season? It's different than a tournament but it is for a whole season.

Up to you if you count that as a tournament victory.

9 hours ago, newtogolf said:

My achievements to date;

• Broke 90
  • Hole in One

All set.

8 hours ago, saevel25 said:

I would like to add the Broke 80 medal. I will be looking to upgrade that this year :) 

Hope so!

7 hours ago, Baog said:

I have broken par and I've won the Virginia Tech Intramural Golf Tournament (2001, 2002).

All set.

6 hours ago, bkuehn1952 said:

2009 MPSGA-Tanglewood - Winner (Low Gross and Low Net - A Flight)

MPSGA tournaments have 110 or so participants divided into 4 flights by handicap (A-D).Handicaps range from 0-36. I have won six MPSGA events but that 2009 event was one of my best showings.  MPSGA stands for Michigan Publinx Senior Golf Assoc.

Got it.

5 hours ago, Pretzel said:

I've broken par as well as read (multiple times, it's a good book) LSW. My signed copy is well thumbed through, which leaves me almost wishing it had been printed hardcover. 

We did print some hardcovers. 125 of them.

5 hours ago, freshmanUTA said:

Let's see. I broke 80 last year by barely shooting a 79. and let me tell you my bogey putt on 18 from 3 feet felt like 50 feet. I also found and bought a copy of LSW in a used book store, it's actually how I discovered this website :P. Regardless, it's preparing me for a long summer of golf practice and if I come close to shooting par I owe you guys the world!

There aren't very many in used bookstores. You have bought the only one I've heard of in such a fashion.

4 hours ago, RandallT said:

Broke 90 (can't seem to get under 80 on my short/easy course near me either!).

Sheepishly lucked out with a hole-in-one last year, which I posted to my MySwing thread. Kind of a lost year as far as developing my golf skills (lack of time to invest), but I'll take the lucky achievement.

All set.

4 hours ago, bmartin461 said:

Saw i have the LSW award all ready, so the only one missing is "Broke 90".

Got it.

3 hours ago, adam3553 said:

I did have 2 hole in ones last season and I broke 80 multiple times last year.

Got them.

3 hours ago, Shindig said:

The win I'm most proud of is winning my flight in my club's Match Play tournament last year (2015).   I have a trophy even (I haven't unboxed it because I don't have anywhere to display it).  Please note that I said "my flight" not "A flight."  The event did allow handicaps in addition to flights,  but I believe I gave strokes in almost every match.  Should I name the club?  On one hand, doing so would cleanly identify me ... on the other hand, I think just about any TST regular can easily identify me if they choose to do so (and my full name is listed elsewhere on the page anyway...)

Added.

3 hours ago, billchao said:

Broken 90. That is all.

Added.

2 hours ago, LeftRightLeft said:

I've had two hole-in-one's (holes-in-one?). 

I've broken 90 seven of my last 20 rounds including an 81 (tournament score), which is a big improvement over the last decade of really ugly golf (i.e. prior to joining this TST)!   I have not caught a "fever" for over 30 rounds! 

All set.

37 minutes ago, chspeed said:

Broke 90  - almost broke 80 once, is that an award for that? ;)

Got it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Member Reviewer I'm waiting for reviews in the new Member Reviews sub-forum.

So are you moving all the old review threads over there or are reviews only counted starting after a certain date?

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

• Administrator
8 hours ago, SavvySwede said:

So are you moving all the old review threads over there or are reviews only counted starting after a certain date?

I hope to do the former.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Please add Break 80 and Hole in One Awards (both over 10 years ago ... ugh). Thank you.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I'm missing the achievment 'broke 100'. I did so last September for the first time (yay!), and did post about it that time in the appropriate topic.

~Jorrit