IGNORED

Claim Your Achievements Here!

Broke 80!!!  

Bluff Creek Golf Course

shot a double bogey free, 8 par, 2 birdie 78!! 

par 72 - 72.00/126

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I finally broke 80! http://www.gamegolf.com/player/billchao/round/3039116

Broke 80!!!   Bluff Creek Golf Course shot a double bogey free, 8 par, 2 birdie 78!!  par 72 - 72.00/126

I (very unexpectedly) broke 80 about two weeks ago!

Posted Images

I'm 64, so this was a long time coming, shot 79 today. I've been taking lessons all summer. Kudos to my local pro, Kyle. Thanks.

Marty

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had my first ever eagle on the par 5 12th of a course local to me.  Needing 3 iron off of the tee to avoid the meandering lake that crosses the fairway twice, I was left with 216yd into the flag.  I pulled my 3 hybrid and striped a beauty of a fade to 3 feet.  Hardest 3 footer of my life but it dropped.

• Like 1

• Administrator

I apologize, everyone, I'd not seen this topic in awhile. (It's tough to give awards on my phone, and by the time I was back on a computer the post had slid down a bit.) Better late than never!

On 7/5/2018 at 12:48 AM, AndyLL said:

Finally broke 80 today (78 at Plum Creek in Co)

Came out of nowhere since I've been very inconsistent this year and my index had crept up 1.6

Also... with 2 unplayables, 2 three putts and a missed 3 footer I really felt like I left shots out there.

I also have an eagle I've never claimed

Got them both for you, great job!

On 7/7/2018 at 8:59 PM, millsan1 said:

Broke 100 this morning with a 99.

Broke 90 this afternoon with an 86.

Got my first birdie.

Nice!

On 7/12/2018 at 7:10 PM, Carl3 said:

Erik, I have been breaking 80 consistently for a number of years now and would like to claim that achievement.

thanks

All yours, man.

On 7/24/2018 at 5:39 PM, DrMJG said:

Broke 100, read LSW (now figuring what to apply first)

Very cool!

On 7/29/2018 at 11:13 AM, lastings said:

Broke 80!!!  

Bluff Creek Golf Course

shot a double bogey free, 8 par, 2 birdie 78!! 

par 72 - 72.00/126

Congrats @lastings!

On 7/31/2018 at 9:34 PM, tosob said:

I'm 64, so this was a long time coming, shot 79 today. I've been taking lessons all summer. Kudos to my local pro, Kyle. Thanks.

Wow, that's awesome @tosob.

On 8/8/2018 at 10:39 PM, baller7345 said:

I broke par for the first time today, (-2) 70.

Nice playing, @baller7345!

On 8/9/2018 at 8:46 AM, jbwright84 said:

I had my first ever eagle on the par 5 12th of a course local to me.  Needing 3 iron off of the tee to avoid the meandering lake that crosses the fairway twice, I was left with 216yd into the flag.  I pulled my 3 hybrid and striped a beauty of a fade to 3 feet.  Hardest 3 footer of my life but it dropped.

The first is always the best. 🙂

• Thanks 1

Have broken 100 many times (never 90), but hadn't played since 2011 until this year. Shot a 98 last week, my low round of the year (sadly) 

I've had 1 eagle in my life. 

Broke 90 because of a great second half.  Started off wobbly with a double bogie followed by a few single bogies.  Wedges did not want to play for the first few holes.

• Administrator
4 hours ago, paulballs said:

Have broken 100 many times (never 90), but hadn't played since 2011 until this year. Shot a 98 last week, my low round of the year (sadly) 

I've had 1 eagle in my life. 

Congrats on both! You've got 'em!

4 hours ago, DrMJG said:

Broke 90 because of a great second half.  Started off wobbly with a double bogie followed by a few single bogies.  Wedges did not want to play for the first few holes.

Good job. You just got your Broke 100 award and now it's already been retired.

I’m pretty new here but I’ve just figured out how to claim an achievement. I’ve broken 80 several times on several courses. Yesterday and today I went 74/77. That’s my home course. Shot a 72, 70, and 78 on 3 other courses this season. Broke 80 back in high school in the fall of 96 on my high school course.

2 minutes ago, Dunit507 said:

I’m pretty new here but I’ve just figured out how to claim an achievement. I’ve broken 80 several times on several courses. Yesterday and today I went 74/77. That’s my home course. Shot a 72, 70, and 78 on 3 other courses this season. Broke 80 back in high school in the fall of 96 on my high school course.

depending on what Par is, looks like you may have broken that as well..   also worth an achievement,. 

No sir. The 70 was even. I had a -1/+1 that day so I broke par on the front only. My 72 was also a or 70. Home course is a par 72. My 37/37 yesterday is my best there.

2 minutes ago, lastings said:

depending on what Par is, looks like you may have broken that as well..   also worth an achievement,. 

• Administrator
On 8/23/2018 at 5:03 PM, jimnm said:

I broke 90! Shot my best 88 at Torrey Pines North last week! Uploaded it in game golf..

Congrats!

9 hours ago, SPJr said:

Broke 100 👍

All set, and nicely played!

2 hours ago, Dunit507 said:

You've got it!

• 4 weeks later...

I broke 100 earlier this year, and yesterday I broke 90 for the first time. I shot an 88 at Bartley Cavanaugh in Sacramento. 6 pars, 10 bogeys, and only 2 blowup 8s.

My lessons (and practice routine) have been working wonders. In my least lesson, my coach got me to change from a strong grip to a neutral grip, and I have been hitting the ball straighter and further than I ever dreamed was possible.