IGNORED

What hybrid(s) do you use?

9wood
Note: This thread is 2985 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Which hybrid clubs do you use - which ones are go to clubs for you? I just purchased a Cobra Bio cell 3-4 adjustable hybrid because of some good reviews and a decent price as well. 

:cobra:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 minutes ago, 9wood said:

Which hybrid clubs do you use - which ones are go to clubs for you? I just purchased a Cobra Bio cell 3-4 adjustable hybrid because of some good reviews and a decent price as well. 

:cobra:

I have a G30 3 hybrid which is 19 degrees. I absolutely love it. 

• Upvote 1

I just bought a used Nike Covert 2.0 3 Hybrid for 19.99$ at Ultimate Golf. I love this thing, I learned to hit hybrids and I can't believe I never tried them earlier haha!

• Upvote 1

I have a 4 hybrids (23*) but I don't carry it now.  I prefer the 4 iron and then the 5 wood.

• Upvote 1

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

Tour Edge XCG6 but I would go back to Cobra. I was exclusively Cobra fairways and hybrids a few years ago and I hit those very well at the time and I was about 5 points higher handicap. Forgiving and then some. 

But I am a lazy golfer now. I can scrap around for  a good round on solid iron play because I stopped practicing aka stopped progressing. 

• Upvote 1

Dave :-)

I use a 17 and a 19 degree Taylormade RBZ.  These things are very forgiving and long, they allowed me get rid of my 3 and 5 wood for good.

in addition to the 2 hybrids I carry 4 wedges, 9-5 irons and a Driver.

• Upvote 1

RBZ 18.5°, replaces my 3i and 5W, which allows for a 60° LW.  Not too much of an offset, which is a problem with a lot of hybrids.  Had it 2 or 3 years now, very good club.

Edited by Gunther

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Taylormade Burner 4 Hybrid. Favourite club in the bag. Love hybrid's. I use it as often as i can. Short, tight par 4s, par 5 approaches and little bump and runs around the green. Looking for another hybrid now to replace that pesky 5 iron.

• Upvote 1

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

Titleist 915 3 and 4H.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I have Adams Idea 3, 4, and 5 hybrids.   They came in a used set of irons. 

I like them okay.  Sometimes, I wish I had more regular irons and fewer hybrids.   And sometimes, I wish the opposite.   They don't seem to stop the ball on the green.   The might be because the grooves are worn down plus my ball flight is generally low.  Plus I don't hit down on them.   I sweep the ball like a fairway wood.  

Callaway XR 19* and 22*

• Upvote 1

D: Ping G25 Stock S Shaft
3W: Titleist 915F 16.5* Diamana S70 Blue Stiff
3H, 4H: Callaway XR Project X LZ 6.0
5i-PW: Mizuno MP54 Project X 5.5 Shafts
52*, 58*: Mizuno JPX Wedge TT Dynalite Gold AP
Putter: Mizuno MP A306

I've had so many ... last 2 years I've hit the Nike Vr-S hybrids (2, 3 & 4) and really bonded with them - the 21° is my go to club - I'll reach for that before a 5iron for layup shots & the 18° always surprises me how long it is.

• Upvote 1

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Titleist 910h 24 deg (instead of 5 iron) and Titleist 913h 27 deg, set to 28.5 deg (instead of 6 iron). 

Hit them really well. Sometimes I grip the 28.5 deg hybrid short and use it instead of my  7 iron. Works for me :-)

• Upvote 1

I have the 5 iron hybrid that came with the set of clubs I bought.  It is an Adams Speedline Plus 26 degrees and I absolutely love it.  It is my go too club when things are not working out, I use it when I am in trouble and need a good punch out or knockdown shot, its even decent in the deep fluffy and long stuff (small hybrid head) and I use it when I am just not hitting my other clubs well.  I have a 19 degree Adams Speedline Super S hybrid as well.  I like it but it has more of a fairway wood head on it so it is not really a rescue club, it has basically replaced my 5 wood which I struggle greatly with hitting.  

Edited by Gator Hazard
  • Upvote 1

Note: This thread is 2985 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!