IGNORED

Hit The Ball Alice.

Patch
Note: This thread is 2958 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Have you ever been an Alice?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever been an Alice?

• Yes
    • No

Simple question. Have you ever been an "Alice" ?

I know Ihave, and Alice sucks. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 minutes ago, Patch said:

Simple question. Have you ever been an "Alice" ?

I know Ihave, and Alice sucks. 

Nope. Alice Cooper is much better at golf than I am.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Hope I never do either. I'll catch a ton of crap from all my buddy's I've called "Alice" over the years.

But, being I'm a Senior now, if I did would I be an "Aleshia" ???

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Every now and then I'll leave something ridiculously short, but usually not. 

When someone in my group hits something that I know is going to be WAY short, I yell FORE!!! as loud as I can. It's funny every time...I assure you. 

:-P

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

We owed a pitcher of beer if our drive did not pass the most forward tees. I bought one or two.

aloha,

iSank

Hi, I live on a small island in the Pacific Ocean.

Since I was a young man, there has been an unwritten rule that if you don't hit it beyond the ladies tees, which was no more than 20 yards ahead, you had to pull out your knob/dick/penis.

Listen Patch, the full-on -embarrassing scrub shot is something I've come accustomed to during my entire 33 golf career. 

I call it the chunk shot, the worm burner, the full-on scrubber. 

Golf is weird in the sense that even a close to perfect golfer will recall such a shot as described here...

Edited by The Slapper

6 hours ago, The Slapper said:

Since I was a young man, there has been an unwritten rule that if you don't hit it beyond the ladies tees, which was no more than 20 yards ahead, you had to pull out your knob/dick/penis.

Listen Patch, the full-on -embarrassing scrub shot is something I've come accustomed to during my entire 33 golf career. 

I call it the chunk shot, the worm burner, the full-on scrubber. 

Golf is weird in the sense that even a close to perfect golfer will recall such a shot as described here...

We had this rule in our golf league when I first started in the 70's.  And it was all ladies tees.  Had to play the rest of the hole with your d%&k out.  It was called the "d%&k out" rule.  Never had to do it, but I saw more than I care to.  Found out a few weren't circumcised.  We had no worries about any "sexual predator" changes or anything since the Chief of Police was a member of our league.

I think everyone has been called an Alice.  Or "Did your putter get caught in your skirt?"

Not exactly on topic but still putter related, I remember in league a few years ago I had about a 15 foot putt on a really undulating green.  The line I read was about a 3-4 foot break to the left, but it was right along a ridge.  When I hit the putt, it just barely caught the other side of the ridge and it took the ball about 6 feet to the right.  So, on a 15 foot putt, I missed the hole wide by almost 10 feet!  The guy I was playing with said, "What kept that out!"  I was busting out laughing.  He was busting laughing.  After I finished off my 3 putt, I went back to the original spot and tightened up my line just a little and showed them the putt broke the way I thought it would.  In fact broke more than I thought.  I still laugh when I think of that putt.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

9 minutes ago, vangator said:

We had this rule in our golf league when I first started in the 70's.  And it was all ladies tees.  Had to play the rest of the hole with your d%&k out.  It was called the "d%&k out" rule.  Never had to do it, but I saw more than I care to.  Found out a few weren't circumcised.  We had no worries about any "sexual predator" changes or anything since the Chief of Police was a member of our league.

I think everyone has been called an Alice.  Or "Did your putter get caught in your skirt?"

Not exactly on topic but still putter related, I remember in league a few years ago I had about a 15 foot putt on a really undulating green.  The line I read was about a 3-4 foot break to the left, but it was right along a ridge.  When I hit the putt, it just barely caught the other side of the ridge and it took the ball about 6 feet to the right.  So, on a 15 foot putt, I missed the hole wide by almost 10 feet!  The guy I was playing with said, "What kept that out!"  I was busting out laughing.  He was busting laughing.  After I finished off my 3 putt, I went back to the original spot and tightened up my line just a little and showed them the putt broke the way I thought it would.  In fact broke more than I thought.  I still laugh when I think of that putt.

Ha ha. That's hilarious! 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Yes, and sometimes Rocky the stone handed putter. :-D

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• Administrator
14 hours ago, rkim291968 said:

Hits like Alice - a girl.   It's a cliche.   

That's not really where it came from. It's from a guy…

It turns out that "Alice" isn't a she at all. "Alice" is a he, and it's not "Alice," it's "Alliss." As in Peter Alliss.

Peter Alliss is the famous English golf broadcaster, the voice of golf on the BBC for decades. But before he became internationally famous as a broadcaster, Alliss was famous in Britain and Europe as a touring pro.

And a pretty good one, too: Alliss won 21 times on the precursor to the European Tour and played on eight Ryder Cup teams.

At the 1963 Ryder Cup in Atlanta, Alliss played Arnold Palmer and Tony Lema in back-to-back singles matches and won 1.5 points, halving with Lema and beating Palmer.

At some point during his match against Palmer, Alliss - for whom putting was not a strength - badly missed a 3-foot putt.

Someone in the gallery yelled out, "Nice putt, Alliss!"

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

6 minutes ago, iacas said:

So that's where this Alice thing comes from.....REALLY?  Good story I guess.  :content:

I've played and watched golf all my life and this is the first I've ever heard of,  "being an Alice." 

I hit like an Alice... all the time. It goes out in the air about 225 yds. then rolls. And people say I'm not supposed to hit an 8 iron as far as I do. 

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

56 minutes ago, iacas said:

Apparently not as funny nor sexist as most of us originally thought. . . :-D

Good story, thanks for sharing.

In retrospect, maybe we should change the title to "Hit the ball Alice (AKA: Nice Putt, Alliss)". . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Note: This thread is 2958 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!