IGNORED

2016 Masters Toonamint Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 2950 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Spieth and that putter... wow

• Upvote 1

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, natureboy said:

Body stall - hands flip pull hook x2. Nice recovery shot though.

Don't understand why he didn't take unplayable on the 1st drive?

I was thinking the same thing. 

Driver- :nike: Nike VR-Pro Limited Edition 9.5* Diamana 'ahina Stiff Flex 3 Wood- :titleist: Titleist 980 5 Wood- :tmade: Taylormade R9 3i-PW- :tmade: Taylormade Tour Preferred (Dynamic Gold S300) Putter- :tarmour: Tommy Armour T-Line 150 (it's old but I love it and haven't been able to find anything that feels better)

Just now, b101 said:

Spieth and that putter... wow

Yep.

That was an exhausting round ... even for guys sitting/working at home.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

23 minutes ago, GolfingInHawaiiSpoiledMe said:

So was Adam Scott. Both won't be playing golf this weekend. Well at Augusta that is. 

Scott's on the cut line with three to play.

That's quite an obnoxious par by Spieth and Taylor, Immelman, and An are going to be pissed.

Also Mickelson is going to miss the cut.

Edited by RJH999

Riley

1 minute ago, Mr. Desmond said:

Yep.

That was an exhausting round ... even for guys sitting/working at home.

No kidding - feel like I'm fried. Good call.

Driver- :nike: Nike VR-Pro Limited Edition 9.5* Diamana 'ahina Stiff Flex 3 Wood- :titleist: Titleist 980 5 Wood- :tmade: Taylormade R9 3i-PW- :tmade: Taylormade Tour Preferred (Dynamic Gold S300) Putter- :tarmour: Tommy Armour T-Line 150 (it's old but I love it and haven't been able to find anything that feels better)

2 minutes ago, Chris E said:

Shit's on now. Jordan and Rory in the final pair. Day within 5, DJ even right now. Matsuyama close. 

All true, but for me the most interesting aspect to this, by far, is DeChambeau.

An amateur winning the Masters in 2016? That would be wonderful.

Grey is not a good look for PM.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

2 minutes ago, ScouseJohnny said:

All true, but for me the most interesting aspect to this, by far, is DeChambeau.

It has been quite some time since an amateur won a major (other than the amateur majors, of course).

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

What exactly happened to get Bryson to hitting 4 behind that shack?  Did he take a drop or punched out?

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

5 minutes ago, ScouseJohnny said:

I'm not sure what happened on 18. I was all immersed in watching Watson hug his family after 18 for the 5th time, and then they show Bryson against a fence and then doing all those drops on the other fairway. 

So, he took a drop and was laying 3? How did he end up with a triple?

Edited by Chris E

3 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Grey is not a good look for PM.

It is certainly not. Apparently he just realized that on the back nine this afternoon. Yeesh.  

Note: This thread is 2950 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!