IGNORED

2016 Masters Toonamint Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 2931 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

16 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Probably a glitch. Bought to you by the innovators at IBM. ;-)

Today's pin placements:

Cfb_i35UIAAqNpO.jpg

Seem quite generous. Definitely some eagles out there at 8, 13 and 15. I think we could see someone go low...

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

16 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Did masters.com stop webcasting the ceremonial opening shots? (I missed if they did)
Although not as big a deal as both Jack & Gary played in the mini golf par 3 spectacle yesterday

Here's the video. I don't know whether tears. I'm ooooold. - Jack

Aaaaaannnd we're off! Herman birides #1. Is there shotlink now or is the tracking done by hand/analog? Still have that skeuomorphic leaderboard on the web site. At least it's not on the app. 

http://www.masters.com/en_US/scores/track.html

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

23 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Probably a glitch. Bought to you by the innovators at IBM. ;-)

Today's pin placements:

Cfb_i35UIAAqNpO.jpg

I like where they have the pin on 16.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

8 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Aaaaaannnd we're off! Herman birides #1. Is there shotlink now or is the tracking done by hand/analog? Still have that skeuomorphic leaderboard on the web site. At least it's not on the app. 

Thanks - I couldn't hear what was being said, but was that Arnie razzing Player about hitting a yellow ball?

Players play, tough players win!

14 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

I think I've jinxed Bowditch. He's the only current PGA Pro I have met personally and since last September he's been steadily declining. He's three over after two!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

9 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

I think I've jinxed Bowditch. He's the only current PGA Pro I have met personally and since last September he's been steadily declining. He's three over after two!

and 5 shots behind playing partner Herman - ouch!

Players play, tough players win!

The Masters app is one of the best put together apps ever.  

Beautiful asthetics, solid layout and packed with features. 

The track feature is awesome.  The hole flyovers and 360° views are stunning.  Then you throw on featured group coverage all day long.  Truly an amazing package. 

• Upvote 1

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

31 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Looks like he's pulled out of the dive.  

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

The shot tracking on the website is awesome. You can easily navigate hole to hole, player to player, compare 3 players, tap on the green for slope arrows and so far, accurate, nothing wildly off.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Is it just me that can't find the live coverage of the featured group on the Masters.com site? If anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd be hugely grateful :-). I'm really hoping it's not a 'you don't live in the correct region' thing...

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

15 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

Ouch Rickie. Rough start.

Pretty quick rebound though.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Anyone else's feed from the live groups really choppy?

5 minutes ago, b101 said:

Is it just me that can't find the live coverage of the featured group on the Masters.com site? If anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd be hugely grateful :-). I'm really hoping it's not a 'you don't live in the correct region' thing...

Judging from the complaints on twitter I'm reading, looks like it's US-only.

DeChambeau has a great eagle chance on 2. Hit it to about 6 feet.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

1 minute ago, jamo said:

Pretty quick rebound though.

Yes very nice. With the windy conditions and the way Rickie is playing coming in, you'd have to think he's gonna contend this week.

12 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

Anyone else's feed from the live groups really choppy?

Judging from the complaints on twitter I'm reading, looks like it's US-only.

DeChambeau has a great eagle chance on 2. Hit it to about 6 feet.

:-( dangnabbit

Edit: a very happy man now - just realised it is on Sky Sports on the red button :-D

Edited by b101

Not sure who the commentator on the Masters live feed is, but clearly he needs to read LSW... In his words, before both of their third shots "I think I'd rather be where Rickie is than where Zach is for two.". Cue a Zach birdie and a Rickie bogey.

Untitled.png

Note: This thread is 2931 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!