IGNORED

Presidential Race 2016

iacas
Note: This thread is 2876 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Who do you want to see as our next President?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you vote for as our next President?

• Hillary Clinton (D)
    • Bernie Sanders (D)
    • Donald Trump (R)
    • Ted Cruz (R)

10 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Trump should stop whining about the GOP rules. It has been a big boost to him. If the GOP used the Democtrat method it would be 100% a contested convention. The fact is Trump has gotten 40% of the vote yet 50% of the delegates. The GOP system is set up to not end in contested conventions though we might get one. 

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/clintons-delegate-lead-would-triple-under-gop-rules/

It's very unlikely at this point. Even the most conservative scenarios have Trump getting 1237. A win on Tuesday in IN seals the deal for good. 

His rhetoric has worked, most people now believe the GOP process to be rigged, just like how "Lyin' Ted", "Low energy Jeb!", and "Crooked Hillary" have stuck around. He is a master of creating images through words. 

Trump has a lot of people scared, yet very few of them can articulate exactly why they don't like him. His rally in OC last night was massive, yet the only violence came from "anti-Trump" protesters outside flipping cop cars and throwing rocks at supporters. 

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-gays-for-trump-crowd-gathers-at-costa-mesa-rally-20160428-story.html

The irony is completely lost on these protesters, most of whom admitted to being illegal immigrants. 

Edited by Braivo

- Mark

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Braivo said:

It's very unlikely at this point. Even the most conservative scenarios have Trump getting 1237. A win on Tuesday in IN seals the deal for good. 

I agree it's unlikely, but still possible. 

Either way I am staying out of Cleveland that weekend :-D. I told my friend we should have dinner in Akron and watch the flames from there. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

John Boehner, yesterday, on Ted Cruz:

“Lucifer in the flesh,” Boehner told an audience at Stanford University on Wednesday night, according to the Stanford Daily. “I have Democrat friends and Republican friends. I get along with almost everyone, but I have never worked with a more miserable son of a bitch in my life.”

And then, this morning, a satanic temple takes offense to those comments:

I think he [Cruz] is a real disaster. I think he is possibly one of the worst. I think we have been on a race to the bottom for a long time now, and you keep thinking it can’t get worse and people would wise up after a clown like [Sarah] Palin or George Bush. But then you see people lining up around Ted Cruz.

This election cycle is crazy - nobody could make this stuff up. :-D

1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

I agree it's unlikely, but still possible. 

Either way I am staying out of Cleveland that weekend :-D. I told my friend we should have dinner in Akron and watch the flames from there. 

Too bad, I'll be heading to Cleveland, we could have a beer!

40 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

A once in a lifetime show, my friend, we will never see anything like this again. One man has upended our political discussion and it will never be the same. Enjoy the show!

- Mark

7 minutes ago, 9wood said:

hillary.jpg

That's some opinionated sh$t right there... lol. 

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

For y'all that luv the Trump, watch his pandering. He tells people what they want to hear. In Pittsburgh, he says he'll bring back steel when what's left of it has gone South. China's steel industry from all reports is not exactly healthy. It's not coming back. Economists laugh at him.

Trump swoops into Maryland and says jobs won't leave at the same time that jobs are leaving because a private equity firm, has bought a credit card entity, made it public (and they need to show short term profits!)  and now they are taking the work to NY for a better labor force. He won't and can't stop that.

The Trump is supposedly for the middle class and working man, but thinks wages are too high -- the $7.25 is too high? On the Vegas strip, Trump workers are picketing for $3 more per hour. Union wages that other hotels  have given. Trump thinks we can't compete at higher than present minimum wage, and that we can't make apparel because the Chinese own it. So how will he help the working man, how will he bring back industry?

The Trump is short on answers and knowledge, long on pandering. Just keep your eyes open, because unlike Lyin' Ted, Trump is likeable, but he has no answers and less knowledge.

Edited by Mr. Desmond

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Isn't Donald Trump a 70-year-old pathological liar, too?

Takes one to know one, I guess.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Mr. Desmond said:

He tells people what they want to hear.

And this is different from any other politician… how?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 hours ago, Mr. Desmond said:

That's some opinionated sh$t right there... lol. 

Noticed you weren't able to disprove it

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, 9wood said:

Noticed you weren't able to disprove it

You can't "disprove" opinions.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

17 minutes ago, Mr. Desmond said:

For y'all that luv the Trump, watch his pandering. He tells people what they want to hear. In Pittsburgh, he says he'll bring back steel when what's left of it has gone South. China's steel industry from all reports is not exactly healthy. It's not coming back. Economists laugh at him. The Trump is supposedly for the middle class and working man, but thinks wages are too high -- the $7.25 is too high? On the Vegas strip, Trump workers are picketing for $3 more per hour. Union wages that other hotels  have given. Trump thinks we can't compete at higher than present minimum wage, and that we can't make apparel because the Chinese own it. So how will he help the working man, how will he bring back industry?

The Trump is short on answers and knowledge, long on pandering. Just keep your eyes open, because unlike Lyin' Ted, Trump is likeable, but he has no answers and less knowledge.

Whatever Trump may, may not, can, or can't do if elected remains to be seen. All politicians pander in one way or another. Of the 4 (3-1/2?) in the running right now, Trump is the better choice for me simply because he does not have a previous, political track record.

As for his stance on wages, I tend to agree with him. I owned a pretty sucessful company for 30+ years, and have pretty good understanding as how wage hikes can hurt a business, which in turn can hurt an economy. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

An argument can be made that Trump is the least pandering candidate left in the race.  His stances on the border and American exceptionalism are not well received by lots of people, including many republicans.  He sticks to his guns through all of negativity spewed his way and perseveres.  

He is the most courageous of the candidates standing up against political correctness.  That is hard to do.  We know these professional agitators are violent and he's painted a target for them on his own back in order to try to correct the social fascism that has steamrolled our country over the past decade.

He wasn't my first choice and I still have some concerns because I think he leans a little left as it relates to the constitution, but I believe his love of America is sincere and I believe he has the courage and will to correct the vast array of challenges we currently face.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Ah, true believers ... well my work is done. lol.

2 hours ago, iacas said:

And this is different from any other politician… how?

It's a great point, and I did think about it when posting. I think there is a difference between Trump and some "other" politicians - the breadth of difference in the "pandering" varies. I think Trump takes it 2-3 steps further. It boils down to his whole personna being larger than the sum of the parts. He says so many things that are false of other candidates/President, the personal attacks and pettiness, states things he wants to do that are already being done, his brash, larger than life language, and his statements that contradict each other. For example, his foreign policy speech shows contradiction and lack of knowledge. He wants to help bring back manufacturing but then indicates that we can't compete in certain areas. It's disconcerting. 

He comes across as the town bully with a brash tongue and a lack of knowledge as to solutions other than "we'll make it great," or "I will make it happen." It's as if by shear force of his personality that "America Will Be Great Again..." whatever that motto means because it is different for everyone.

Donald seems to indicate he has a magic wand to eradicate our problems. I wish someone had a magic wand... but no one does.

Edited by Mr. Desmond

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Mr. Desmond said:

It's a great point, and I did think about it when posting. I think there is a difference between Trump and some "other" politicians - the breadth of difference in the "pandering" varies. I think Trump takes it 2-3 steps further.

1 hour ago, Gunther said:

An argument can be made that Trump is the least pandering candidate left in the race.  His stances on the border and American exceptionalism are not well received by lots of people, including many republicans.  He sticks to his guns through all of negativity spewed his way and perseveres.

I agree that an argument could be made in that vein.

53 minutes ago, Mr. Desmond said:

Ah, true believers ... well my work is done. lol.

Really, Gerry?

If this holds, which is more than likely the case, it's over on the GOP side. 

I ordered my Trump stickers today in preparation for the GE campaign. 

Gonna be a wild six months. 

INDY.jpg

- Mark

10 minutes ago, Braivo said:

If this holds, which is more than likely the case, it's over on the GOP side. 

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/in/indiana_republican_presidential_primary-5786.html

5 out of the 8 polls averaged have it a single digit lead. Still a lead though. :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Note: This thread is 2876 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!