IGNORED

Presidential Race 2016

iacas
Note: This thread is 2866 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Who do you want to see as our next President?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you vote for as our next President?

• Hillary Clinton (D)
    • Bernie Sanders (D)
    • Donald Trump (R)
    • Ted Cruz (R)

Some good points in this article.

"Trump wears his heart on his sleeve—which makes him attractive to some voters—but makes him an ineffective party healer in this moment.

A clear pattern has emerged: He shows flashes of self-discipline. Then he backslides.

That’s not the way to win."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/paloma/daily-202/2016/05/25/daily-202-trump-s-attacks-on-the-gop-s-most-prominent-latina-susana-martinez-should-alarm-republicans/57447430981b92a22da97667/

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Elmer said:

Some good points in this article.

"Trump wears his heart on his sleeve—which makes him attractive to some voters—but makes him an ineffective party healer in this moment.

A clear pattern has emerged: He shows flashes of self-discipline. Then he backslides.

That’s not the way to win."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/paloma/daily-202/2016/05/25/daily-202-trump-s-attacks-on-the-gop-s-most-prominent-latina-susana-martinez-should-alarm-republicans/57447430981b92a22da97667/

I'm curious why the liberals and democrats on this site are so obsessed with Trump.  If he's as unPresidential as you all and the liberal media would like to believe then he shouldn't be a threat to Queen Hillary and you will all get 4 more years of Obama like policies.  

What you should be scared of is that Trump with all his faults is closing the gap in most polls and winning in other polls which doesn't say much for your candidate.   

Joe Paradiso

2 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

I'm curious why the liberals and democrats on this site are so obsessed with Trump.  If he's as unPresidential as you all and the liberal media would like to believe then he shouldn't be a threat to Queen Hillary and you will all get 4 more years of Obama like policies.  

What you should be scared of is that Trump with all his faults is closing the gap in most polls and winning in other polls which doesn't say much for your candidate.   

If your candidate were Hillary Clinton, wouldn't you focus on her opponent?

4 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

If your candidate were Hillary Clinton, wouldn't you focus on her opponent?

No, my focus is on Trump, who he picks to be VP and what his policies are going to be.  Trump will focus on Hillary and I'm confident that Hillary and Bill will self destruct under his pressure.  

Compare the number of negative posts here about Hillary from Trump supporters versus the negative posts about Trump from Hillary supporters.  

Joe Paradiso

47 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

I'm curious why the liberals and democrats on this site are so obsessed with Trump.

I'm curious why this gets brought up all the time.  "Hey, no fair!  You can't talk bad about my candidate because there is not a thread about your candidate for me to talk bad about!!"  We're not "liberals" and "democrats" talking about " our candidates" opponent.  We're Americans and members of TST talking about whichever of the remaining candidates running for our President that we want to talk about.

25 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

I'm curious why this gets brought up all the time.  "Hey, no fair!  You can't talk bad about my candidate because there is not a thread about your candidate for me to talk bad about!!"  We're not "liberals" and "democrats" talking about " our candidates" opponent.  We're Americans and members of TST talking about whichever of the remaining candidates running for our President that we want to talk about.

I didn't say it wasn't fair, you can talk about him all you like.  All the attention from liberals and the liberal media has helped him secure the nomination and will likely help him beat Hillary.  

I was calling out the veiled attempts by some to pretend that their purpose of posting was anything more than to bash Trump.  

Joe Paradiso

Not a good week for the Dems.

1.  Hill and Huma called out by State for hindering their investigation.

2.  McCauliffe now under FBI investigation

3.  Wasserman-Schultz about to be shit-canned

4.  Guccifer made a deal with Justice to help them in future investigations.

5.  Trump closing in according to polls

Fun times.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

15 hours ago, Gunther said:

Not a good week for the Dems.

1.  Hill and Huma called out by State for hindering their investigation.

2.  McCauliffe now under FBI investigation

3.  Wasserman-Schultz about to be shit-canned

4.  Guccifer made a deal with Justice to help them in future investigations.

5.  Trump closing in according to polls

Fun times.

But politics is like tennis. Next week some Republican will do something dumb or get investigated. It is a constant pattern of back and forth. It has been for a very long time unfortunately.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Is this why Bernie is still in the race? Maybe it gets him more consideration if she gets indicted. I'm not sure what the rules are if she has to drop out.  

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

25 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Is this why Bernie is still in the race? Maybe it gets him more consideration if she gets indicted. I'm not sure what the rules are if she has to drop out.  

You read my mind this morning.  I was just thinking that this all be some setup to have Bernie end up as the candidate for the democrats.  If we see the liberal media start to spend more time covering HRC investigations then we'll know that the support is switching to Bernie.  Despite Hillary refusing to respond to the investigations that she calls Republican party witch hunts the reality is all the people heading up the investigations were appointed by Obama.  

I also just saw on Today that Bernie and Trump are going to have a debate for charity before June 7, not good for Hillary.  

Joe Paradiso

My sense is that the State Department wouldn't have published such a stinging rebuke of Clinton on the e-mail issue if criminal charges were imminent. I think Bernie's goal at this point is to topple the current party leadership and establish a progressive base within the DNC that would emphasize the grassroots over the donor class. I'd be fine with Wasserman-Schulz being removed from the chairmanship: honestly, she should have stepped down after the Dems were crushed in the 2014 midterms.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

1 hour ago, newtogolf said:

I also just saw on Today that Bernie and Trump are going to have a debate for charity before June 7, not good for Hillary.  

This is where Bernie is so smart. He knows Trump feels the same way as him about the process and now Bernie is going to get himself awesome free press. Bernie has to have a strong performance and show he can go toe to toe with Trump. Hillary's arrogance will be her undoing as she feels she should be the nominee/president because her last name is Clinton. This could be the key to the most massive upset/come from behind victory ever.

Driver: Taylormade R15 10.5 Rogue Silver 70S  3 Wood: Krank Formula 6 Aldila Tour Blue 80S  3H: Mizuno Jpx825  Irons: 4-PW,AW: Taylormade Rsi1  Wedge: Callaway 56 MD3 Putter: Ping Cadence TR Anser 2 Heavy

13 minutes ago, StevenR84 said:

This is where Bernie is so smart. He knows Trump feels the same way as him about the process and now Bernie is going to get himself awesome free press. Bernie has to have a strong performance and show he can go toe to toe with Trump. Hillary's arrogance will be her undoing as she feels she should be the nominee/president because her last name is Clinton. This could be the key to the most massive upset/come from behind victory ever.

Bernie would have to win California by an 80-20 margin (or something like that) to pull even in the pledged delegate count. That would be like winning the Indy 500 by sitting in the pits until the leader had 40 laps to go.

I don't know what either Trump or Bernie have to gain by debating each other.

Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Just now, Chilli Dipper said:

Bernie would have to win California by an 80-20 margin (or something like that) to pull even in the pledged delegate count. That would be like winning the Indy 500 by sitting in the pits until the leader had 40 laps to go.

Bernie needs 67% of the remaining delegates to catch Hillary. It would mean double digit wins in the remaining states, but he's only down 266 with 781 delegates being awarded on June 7. This debate helps Bernie more than it helps Trump. If Bernie has a strong performance it will reinforce what the polls already tell us: Bernie is the stronger candidate against Trump. You know what Trump has to gain? Bernie supporters who hate Hillary. If Trump can avoid attacks on Bernie, and take his barbs without overreacting while making himself somewhat appealing it's not a total waste for him. I don't like Trump for the job, but I'll give him this, he sure knows how to manipulate people and put a show on so I'm sure he's got some logic for doing this.

Driver: Taylormade R15 10.5 Rogue Silver 70S  3 Wood: Krank Formula 6 Aldila Tour Blue 80S  3H: Mizuno Jpx825  Irons: 4-PW,AW: Taylormade Rsi1  Wedge: Callaway 56 MD3 Putter: Ping Cadence TR Anser 2 Heavy

33 minutes ago, Chilli Dipper said:

I actually think, if anything, it weirdly helps Hillary. Bernie isn't going to get caught up character arguments, he's going to go after Trump on policy. If he can make Trump look like he doesn't know what he's talking about, that's a big win for Clinton, who would get the benefits of that without having Trump go after her own character.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

1 hour ago, jamo said:

I actually think, if anything, it weirdly helps Hillary. Bernie isn't going to get caught up character arguments, he's going to go after Trump on policy. If he can make Trump look like he doesn't know what he's talking about, that's a big win for Clinton, who would get the benefits of that without having Trump go after her own character.

Right, Hillary likely wins a Trump-Bernie debate just by staying on the sidelines.

Trump hasn't batted an eye at Sanders throughout this campaign, so I don't know if he has a "death by character assassination" strategy for him, as he had for all of his GOP primary challengers. Even if he does, the damage would be immaterial, as Bernie almost certainly will not be the Democratic nominee. Putting the two in the same room together would also put to rest any of the right's wishful thinking that Sanders supporters will flock to Trump en masse. The worst case scenario for the debate would be that devolves into two cantankerous old New Yorkers yelling at each other: at that point, Hillary looks better by her absence.

It could just be a damage-control gambit by the RNC to show Donald that he can't expect to suck all of the oxygen out of the room in a head-to-head race, and that he needs to get serious. The news leaking out of his campaign headquarters isn't good: he doesn't have a physical presence yet in crucial swing states; his #1 and #2 staffers are at each other's throats so much that they have to move their offices to separate floors; and his #3 staffer was just fired as a result of all that in-fighting.

A Bernie / Trump debate gives the country of view of life without Hillary.  The media will focus on the two of them and Hillary will be on the sidelines, kind of how she was leading 8 years ago and then lost to Obama.  

Joe Paradiso

13 hours ago, newtogolf said:

A Bernie / Trump debate gives the country of view of life without Hillary.  The media will focus on the two of them and Hillary will be on the sidelines, kind of how she was leading 8 years ago and then lost to Obama.  

Or it could expose more flaws in Bernie and Trump. That is the problem with debates, they can help and hurt.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 2866 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!