IGNORED

Golf Gloves

paininthenuts
Note: This thread is 2950 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

12 hours ago, vangator said:

In the summer here in Florida, I'll typically go thru 6 gloves per round.  I usually loosen the glove and partially take it off my hand between shots as well so they don't get soaked as fast.

Many rounds it's been so hot that sweat drips down my nose as I stand over my putts.  That gets pretty unnerving.

Have you tried a rain glove? I only wear gloves in the rain or hot summer days when my hands sweat a lot. Rain gloves get tackier when wet.

8 hours ago, gregsandiego said:

For those of you that don't wear gloves, why not? Very rarely do I ever see anyone out here in San Diego skip it.

I feel a much better connection to the grip without a glove. As stated above, I only wear them when it rains or when I sweat a lot.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I went most of last year without bothering with gloves. Last fall, a buddy on mine got a few Callaway gloves that he didn't like and he gave them to me. Some days I'll wear one, some days not. Still having a heck of a time deciding if they make any difference at all. I keep forgetting to take the darn thing off when I get to the green.

If someone wants to give my gloves I'll probably mess around with them, but I'm not spending any money.

3 hours ago, gatsby47 said:

As stated above, there are 3 packs of Calloways  leather gloves out of Costco. for 19.99 Canadian and they are fine and lasted over a year. 

Theses gloves don't have palm pads do they?

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Have you tried a rain glove? I only wear gloves in the rain or hot summer days when my hands sweat a lot. Rain gloves get tackier when wet.

I feel a much better connection to the grip without a glove. As stated above, I only wear them when it rains or when I sweat a lot.

I have a couple of pairs of rain gloves, but I find them more slippery until they get a little wet.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

6 hours ago, The Slapper said:

That's a sweet glove to put on your hand. Best glove I've ever worn.

Yup!  ive no idea why but they give me more confidence too. i like the sleekness of it.

6 hours ago, paininthenuts said:

Having had a lesson recently, I found something out that may be of interest to some of you. If you hold the club out straight with your normal grip, someone else should be able to pull the club from your hands with little effort. If you didn't have a glove on and held the club this loosely it would twist in your hand. Apparently the average amateur golfer grips the club far to tightly. Anyway, that's what my pro said 

if i were gripping the club that loosely it would fly out of my hands, glove or not.  you should grip rather firmly while still keeping your wrists loose.

Colin P.

5 hours ago, boogielicious said:

The number of people on this board that go without a glove surprises me. Even on the muni courses I play I almost never see it.

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

14 minutes ago, gregsandiego said:

The number of people on this board that go without a glove surprises me. Even on the muni courses I play I almost never see it.

Many beginners and casual players wear a glove because they see it on TV or elsewhere and think that it's a requirement.  Many have never really tried playing without.  It's not really a great gauge of necessity.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

8 minutes ago, Fourputt said:

Many beginners and casual players wear a glove because they see it on TV or elsewhere and think that it's a requirement.  Many have never really tried it without.  It's not really a great gauge of necessity.

Same feeling I have about golf shoes: mostly for appearances.

I think when you can drive 350 yards the story changes.

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

Just now, gregsandiego said:

Same feeling I have about golf shoes: mostly for appearances.

I think when you can drive 350 yards the story changes.

I started wearing golf shoes when I was continually slipping on wet grass, especially on slopes. The traction helps. Some casual athletic shoes can do this as well. But good running shoes go for about the same a golf shoes.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

No glove. Not sure why people do seems to be a because that's what golfers do choice for most. I use half cord grips and don't get  have any callous or blister issues. The one time I tore up my hands was using squishy Winn grips, have to strangle those damn things.

Dave :-)

1 hour ago, colin007 said:

Yup!  ive no idea why but they give me more confidence too. i like the sleekness of it.

if i were gripping the club that loosely it would fly out of my hands, glove or not.  you should grip rather firmly while still keeping your wrists loose.

This is the other one that is very similar.  It says it is made of the "finest Cabretta leather,"  and Titleist is correct about this. 

IMO, you get what you pay for in a golf glove.  These Titleist gloves are the most expensive to choose from but when you put this glove to a new grip you know you have a sweet piece of equipment on your hands.  I keep them in the pouch that comes with the glove in order to preserve it. 

6613-S15-PlayerGlove-full.jpg

I like Footjoy, they make a good glove.

Nike makes some pretty bad gloves, very slippery.

If it's hot out a glove is a must, sweaty hands and golf do not mix, and golf is usually played in the summer when it's hot, so much of the time I have a glove on.

Also if it's raining it helps for sure, but in the cooler, dry weather the glove can be left off, no need.

Edited by MrDC

I go through about 12 - 15 gloves in a 125 round year. Would love to find a place where I could buy them in a larger than 3 pack. I have seen 6 packs but not the brands I want.

I play in Foot Joy sci-flex, they seem to last longer for me. I used to play occasionally without, but I've gone away from full cord grips and now I wear them all the time.

But I always take them off between shots, and if I sweat too much will have to change gloves on the back nine. And never putt with a glove on, unless it's a tap in. It is somewhat quirky, but I may take my glove off/on 100 times in a round, I'll put it on sometimes between shots and take it off again; not sure why but it is my one (or at least one of) OCD thing while playing.

Players play, tough players win!

35 minutes ago, Grumpter said:

I go through about 12 - 15 gloves in a 125 round year. Would love to find a place where I could buy them in a larger than 3 pack. I have seen 6 packs but not the brands I want.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Titleist-Players-Golf-Gloves-For-the-Right-Handed-Golfer-/281984107400?var=&hash=item41a7900388:m:mr0KRx0Amh2H3C_vz9ywApQ

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

My 17 handicap swing is tough on gloves and I have found that the Titleist Players glove performs the best and will last 20 - 25 rounds plus 30+ practice sessions of 100+ balls.  I have tried many others and none of them have better than half the life of the Titleist Players glove.  Also, the Players glove fits and feels great and provides excellent gripping support. 

1 hour ago, Wally Fairway said:

I play in Foot Joy sci-flex, they seem to last longer for me. I used to play occasionally without, but I've gone away from full cord grips and now I wear them all the time.

But I always take them off between shots, and if I sweat too much will have to change gloves on the back nine. And never putt with a glove on, unless it's a tap in. It is somewhat quirky, but I may take my glove off/on 100 times in a round, I'll put it on sometimes between shots and take it off again; not sure why but it is my one (or at least one of) OCD thing while playing.

I don't take them all the way off my hand.  That would be a pain to constantly be putting it all the way on.  I take it off my thumb and roll it back off the back of my hand so that only my fingers are in the glove.  The back of my hand is what sweats for me.

I've tried the Titleist Players and the top of the line Foot Joys.  They are nice, but I'm too cheap for that.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

1 minute ago, vangator said:

I don't take them all the way off my hand.  That would be a pain to constantly be putting it all the way on.  I take it off my thumb and roll it back off the back of my hand so that only my fingers are in the glove.  The back of my hand is what sweats for me.

I've tried the Titleist Players and the top of the line Foot Joys.  They are nice, but I'm too cheap for that.

Maybe you should re-grip your clubs with sponges...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Note: This thread is 2950 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!