IGNORED

Which Sun Mountain Bag/Cart Combo Do You Like?

Note: This thread is 945 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Sun Mountain Gear  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Which Push Cart do you Like Most?

• Reflex Cart
    • Speed Cart V1 Sport
    • MC3 Micro-Cart
  2. 2. Which Bag do you Like Most?

• 2Five Bag
    • Three5 Bag
    • ZeroG Bag
    • Front9 Bag
    • Four5 Bag
    • C130 Stand Bag
    • XCR Stand Bag
    • Looper Caddie Bag

• Administrator

Please vote once in each of the two polls above. You can change your answer. Here are the links to check them out:

Bags

Push Carts

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I like all three of those carts.  I voted for the Reflex since it folds up small...the Speed V1 is a close second.

I voted for the C130 bag.  I really like the design (cart bag, but with straps/stand).  The vast majority of my rounds are either using a push cart or a riding cart, but it's nice to have for the range or the rare occasion that I walk.  I like 14-way dividers, so there was only one other bag that I'd buy (Four 5).

- John

I voted the Reflex due to how it folds up like that.Also, I like the size of the compartment near the handle. I like that they showed a cell phone fitting in the compartment. 

I voted the Three 5 Bag. It's probably the one I would buy. I like the design of it. I like the strap system as well. 

straps.JPG

These type of straps always felt more comfortable for me when I am carrying the bag. It tends to equal the weight out more, and doesn't let the straps slip. I had a bag once I had to readjust every few weeks because the straps kept slipping on it. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

@iacas

You forgot a bag and the bag I have so therefore I can't vote. I Have the H2NO and love it with the MC3 Push-Cart and I love it... 

So Erik put the H2NO bag in the choices and I'll vote.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

New sponsor? I voted for the C130 bag because it is the only one I have I do like it a lot. The cart I like is the Micro. I use the Reflex. It folds up small but center of gravity points are not as good as the Microcart's. If the brake was on the rear of the Reflex, it would be so much better. It would keep the bag weight on the brake better and stop it from rolling around when stored in a vehicle.

Plus some more thought could go into the storage layout. A huge flaw in the storage is a gap under the hinge area where my phone slips out of at times.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I like the XCR bag, but since I ride 100% of the time, I don't have any preference for any kind of push/pull cart.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

• Administrator

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I voted for the Three5, its the bag I had previous to my current one.  I was always happy with it, it held enough to take travelling, it was light enough and comfortable enough to carry, and it was sturdy enough to survive pretty well.  I just don't use a trolley, so I didn't vote for any of them.  

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

I'm eyeing the Speed Cart V1 Sport. I usually carry my bag, but lately I've noticed that I've been getting fatigued late in rounds and my scoring is suffering. My shoulder/upper back is getting tight and leading to some lazy/poor swings. Time to switch over to a push cart. This one looks solid. 

- Mark

I don't typically use a push/pull cart.  I voted for the "Micro" because it had the least length when folded.  Ultimately I would want to see how difficult/easy it was to unfold & fold each.

The 2Five was my bag selection.  I walk and carry.  I had heard good things about this bag as far as durability and the capability of efficiently handling a set of clubs.  I am not prepared to pay $200 (yet) for a golf bag.  My Callaway is okay for now but if I decide to splurge or reward myself, the 2Five is on the short list.

Brian Kuehn

• Administrator
On May 10, 2016 at 1:16 PM, Braivo said:

I'm eyeing the Speed Cart V1 Sport. I usually carry my bag, but lately I've noticed that I've been getting fatigued late in rounds and my scoring is suffering. My shoulder/upper back is getting tight and leading to some lazy/poor swings. Time to switch over to a push cart. This one looks solid. 

The kids took them to NCAA Nationals this past week. They all commented on how good they felt after 18, 36, 54… 72 holes.

A push cart is not just for "old farts." I use one almost every time I walk a golf course.

SV1_01.jpgSV1_02.jpgSV1_03.jpgSV1_04.jpgSV1_05.jpg

Four5 Bag / Speed Cart V1 Sport.

I like to carry my bag when the course and weather allow it, and I also like having dividers for all of the clubs in the bag. The lighter weight of the Four5 gives it the edge over the C130 Stand.

I don't have any particular reason for favoring the Speed Cart, beyond that I like the look of it the best, and it comes with the @iacas seal of approval.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

On 5/14/2016 at 4:42 PM, iacas said:

The kids took them to NCAA Nationals this past week. They all commented on how good they felt after 18, 36, 54… 72 holes.

A push cart is not just for "old farts." I use one almost every time I walk a golf course.

I think this is the way to go. No more letting me ego ruin a good game of golf. 

Looks like they are a sponsor of the site, is there a good link I should use so you can affiliate credit for the purchase? The one in the original post?

- Mark

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Braivo said:

I think this is the way to go. No more letting me ego ruin a good game of golf. 

Looks like they are a sponsor of the site, is there a good link I should use so you can affiliate credit for the purchase? The one in the original post?

They aren't technically though I hope they will be through the rest of the year and/or in 2017.

Click any of the ads at the top when they appear.

P.S. The ClubGlider is awesome.

• 4 weeks later...

I voted for the Speed Cart and the C130 Bag.  However I have a Speed cart and a Sync bag.  The bottom of the Sync bag is molded to fit the heart shaped piece of the cart. It is a really nice bag with full length dividers plenty of pockets and is designed for the cart. The C130 however is slightly larger and would be the way I would go now if I had a spare $200 sitting around and wanted a new bag.

Driver G with Tour 65 shaft 10.5 neutral setting by :ping:
3W G30, #3 and #4 Hybrid, Irons 5 to GW G25 by :ping:
54 & 58 Glide Wedges and putter Cadence TR Anser 2  Traditional also by :ping:
Ball TriSpeed Tour by :srixon: Shoes M Project Wide by :footjoy:
Bag and Push cart by :sunmountain:

I really like my MC3 micro cart but I'm thinking the 4-wheel design is not for me. As I said in another thread in this section, if my bag rotates a little the pockets will drag on the wheels; very annoying. In the 3-wheel design I don't think it's possibly to have this problem.

Although I'm thinking of purchasing the C130 bag (not sure on stand vs cart yet... thinking maybe stand bag now). That may alleviate the problem entirely.

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

Bag: :sunmountain: C130 Cart Bag Push Cart: :sunmountain: Micro Cart Sport

• Administrator

Remember, too: 

Enter to win…

Note: This thread is 945 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!