IGNORED

Vice Golf Balls - Anyone Tried them?

6 minutes ago, iacas said:

A firmer ball will almost always have a higher ball speed.

Right, that makes perfect sense to me, but I thought conventional wisdom was that a softer ball is easier to compress, thus goes farther. That's why they say people with slower swing speeds should use low compression golf balls.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, billchao said:

Right, that makes perfect sense to me, but I thought conventional wisdom was that a softer ball is easier to compress, thus goes farther. That's why they say people with slower swing speeds should use low compression golf balls.

They spin more.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 minute ago, iacas said:

They spin more.

That makes sense. That also helps to explain why I like the Flamingos so much with my irons but could never quite see the distance I used to see from well-struck drives when I used to play the Pro-V1x. My spin numbers tend to be a little on the low side for irons and high for the driver.

If that's the case, I probably wouldn't lose much on the irons if I played a firmer ball but I stand to gain on the driver if I switch to the Pro or Pro Plus. I guess I'll have to go back to playing a white ball. Pink ball is cool and all, but man is it hard to find in the rough.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• 4 weeks later...

I have been using the vice balls for about 8 months now and absolutely love them. I have always been one of those guys who loves to play quality balls, but hate paying top dollar for them (and despise buying refurbished balls). I am going to do a full review on the balls I have tried the past couple of months, but wanted to share on this thread for anyone looking to try them-- Get the starter pack (with multiple sleeves). Don't jump right in and buy 5 dozen of one kind. Try them out. I thought I was going to need the pros and ended up liking the pro plus a little more after playing a few times. 

Bonus, use this promo code I found on RetailMeNot for a free sleeve of balls with your order: VICEBRLA

I ordered 5 dozen with this promo code a few weeks ago and they dropped in 3 free sleeves with my order. It must depend on the quantity you buy. Be looking for a full topic thread on vice balls, I plan to do a full write up on them. More people should be checking these out, excellent value. 

Hit em straight guys!

I just switched to Vice Pro balls and love them. I had bounced around among a few other balls (TM Project (a), Bridgestone B330RX, Srixon Q-Star) but never really settled on any. I think I'll be sticking with these. I get good distance, and they stop just well enough. I don't spin them off the front of the green like I do with Pro V1s, but I get a nice hop and check out of them, which I really like. They feel really nice off the putter face, too.

Just ordered 5 dozen with my company logo so I can pay for them through the business. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/28/2016 at 11:37 AM, LAGolfer40 said:

I plan to do a full write up on them. More people should be checking these out, excellent value. 

Hit em straight guys!

Hey, Hilmar2k, are you still gaming Vice Pro?  Do you like them & have you thought about doing that write up or did I miss it?

I've just ordered some of the Vice tour and Vice pro to compare.  Curious as to what your impressions are now that you may have been playing the Pro for a little while.

Thanks!

Edited by Gripit
added comment

Approaching "70"....age, not score...

Ping G5 10.5 driver and 3w, TFC 100 R

Maltby H3, H4, H5, Maltby Pro Series R

Pinhawk SL 6i-Aw, Maltby Pro Series R

Maltby TSW 54 & 58, Maltby Pro Series S (tip trimmed to 8i length for the "spinner shaft" effect...experiment that seems to be one of my better decisions!)

Maltby Pure-Track PTM-1, 33" with +2* loft added

Just started playing the Pro Plus.  So far so good.  I previously played Bridgestone 330RX.  I like the feel around the greens of the Vice ball a little bit better.  Short iron shots feel good off the face and are easy to shape in both directions.  The ball spins well.  I find that with a wedge it checks and releases in a consistent manner.  Nice soft feel off the putter.  After some more time I will report back.

• Upvote 1

Taylormade SLDR S Driver, 3w, 3h, 4h, 5h, 6h
Taylormade RSI 2 7i, 8i, 9i
Cleveland 46w, 52w, 56w, 60w
Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

Guys this is my first post here, but I stumbled upon it because I myself am a user of the Vice Pro model. My buddy is actually partnered with Vice, so they frequently give him promotional deals to help market their product. The one he just gave me a few days ago is a free sleeve of balls included with a purchase of a minimum of a dozen golf balls. I used it yesterday and bought another two dozen Pro model balls and now can receive an extra sleeve on top of it... Pretty sweet. I want to provide the promo code to you all, so if you're interested go to vicegolf.com and at checkout use the promo code: "stripe"

Hope this helps!

Edited by imgolfnut

• 2 weeks later...

I have played the Vice Pro Plus all summer, formerly a Titleist Pro V1x user. In my opinion they are just as good as the Pro V1x. Will continue to play with the Vice ball and glad to be paying less for quality balls.

• 2 months later...

I've played Titleist balls for 25+ years. I loved the Professional in the late 90s and went to the ProV1s when they came out. Bounced back and forth between them and the NXTs for the past few years. But I've been hearing some noise about Vice balls and after doing some research and reading the reviews here, I've decided to take the plunge on the Vice Pro. Unfortunately, living here in Cincinnati, I probably won't be trying them out anytime soon, but I'm looking forward to trying them out as soon as I can.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a rare nice day in January in Cincinnati and played 9 holes today, trying the Vice balls for the first time. I was really impressed. I have played Titleists for 25 years or so, usually a ProV1, and I have to say I really liked them. They perform well in all aspects of the game, especially around the greens. Granted, courses around here aren't in mid-season form and the greens were pretty soft, but I was encouraged. Looking forward to playing them again.

I just ordered 5 dozen of the Vice Pro Neon, to give them a shot.  I have been a QStar and then a Z-Star player for the past 4 years but I look forward to giving them a try.   

In The Bag
Wishon 919 Driver 9.5
Wishon 4W 16.5
Wishon  21 degree hybrid
Sterling SL 6 - SW
Seemore CS FGP

• 3 weeks later...

I keep seeing ads for these balls on social media, from the sound of the reviews here, I think I'm going to try the Pros out.

:ping:   Ping G30 - Driver       

Ping G Series - 3w & 5w 

Ping G5 - 7w & 5-PW

Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 52*, 56*, 60*

Ping Sigma 2 Fetch putter

Just made the purchase of 5 dozen of the Pro Plus after reading countless reviews positive and negative all over the web.  Not bad to spend $161 for 5 dozen golf balls with my business logo shipped to me.  Hopefully they are something I can continue playing, otherwise I guess they always make a good gift...

• Upvote 1

• iacas changed the title to Vice Golf Balls - Anyone Tried them?
  • 8 months later...