IGNORED

Best WR in the NFL?

bostonboy9416
Note: This thread is 2714 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Been a bit of a hot topic between me and a few of my buddies as to who is the best WR in the NFL. I've heard Hopkins, Jones, Brown, etc. Personally, I think it's Beckham. Guy's just too explosive, and he can change a game very quickly with just one play. 

Who do you think is the best wideout in the NFL?

Edited by bostonboy9416

24 minutes ago, bostonboy9416 said:

Been a bit of a hot topic between me and a few of my buddies as to who is the best WR in the NFL. I've heard Hopkins, Jones, Brown, etc. Personally, I think it's Beckham. Guy's just too explosive, and he can change a game very quickly with just one play. 

Who do you think is the best wideout in the NFL?

Anyone catching passes from Tom Brady or Aaron Rogers!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Right now, I would classify that as over the last 3 seasons, Antonio Brown and there isn't a close 2nd. 

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr

He's the only player to total DYAR above 1000 for the past three seasons. This meaning how many yards above the replacement WR does he contribute based on the defenses he faced. He's totaled 1400 DYAR, the next best is Jordy Nelson at 884. 

He's had the most TD's over the past 3  years by a WR with 31. The next best is Brandon Marshall at 26. 

He's catch percent is in the top 20% of the top listed WR on that list. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

2 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Right now, I would classify that as over the last 3 seasons, Antonio Brown and there isn't a close 2nd. 

He's the only player to total DYAR above 1000 for the past three seasons. This meaning how many yards above the replacement WR does he contribute based on the defenses he faced. He's totaled 1400 DYAR, the next best is Jordy Nelson at 884. 

He's had the most TD's over the past 3  years by a WR with 31. The next best is Brandon Marshall at 26. 

This ^

Beckham is a good receiver but he's got a ways to go before he's Top 3.  

Joe Paradiso

Gotta be Antonio Brown.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

(edited)
4 hours ago, saevel25 said:

A good point you bring up, and accurate. My only question with that info is that Beckham has been around for 2 years, not 3, so I'm not sure how much a year can factor into the equation. Being a Giants fan myself, I'm also a bit (ok, a lot...) biased. Both very good wideouts though. On a bit of a side note, the guy who I expect to really jump into the mix is Hopkins. As in, into the top 3-5 this season. My fantasy savior last year

Edited by bostonboy9416

Gotta give Dez some love here.  Injured most of last season but I'd call him a top 3-5, for sure.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Could be Josh Gordon, but he can't seem to pull his head out of the bong! And the Browns can't seem to pull a QB out of anywhere to get him the ball! What a waste of talent!

• 4 months later...

I would rate the position this way. Brown, Jones, and Beckham. Beckham however seems to be going the way T.O. messed up his career. 

Then their is that "Gronk" fella who out performs most WRs on a weekly basis when healthy, and playing catch with Brady. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

• Administrator
1 minute ago, CarlSpackler said:

As much as I hate to say this, Coates from the Steelers is someone to watch. He is very impressive.

@iacas may need medical attention is he reads this post. Someone get ready to dial 911.

Why?

Coates is good. But the Steelers have had a number of good WRs the past few years… the common denominator? The QB.

AB is probably the best in the league, but he's being pressured to stop hurting the team a bit, too, and needs to mature a little.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Just now, iacas said:

Why?

Coates is good. But the Steelers have had a number of good WRs the past few years… the common denominator? The QB.

AB is probably the best in the league, but he's being pressured to stop hurting the team a bit, too, and needs to mature a little.

Coates seems to be burning people deep when they know he is going deep. It's a little early to tell, which is why I said someone to watch.

Credit definitely needs to be given to the QB (jerk). Isn't he going to retire soon? :-P

- Shane

• Administrator
1 minute ago, CarlSpackler said:

Coates seems to be burning people deep when they know he is going deep. It's a little early to tell, which is why I said someone to watch.

Credit definitely needs to be given to the QB (jerk). Isn't he going to retire soon? :-P

FWIW I'm just watching the game now and Coates just dropped a five-yard pass from the 1.5 yard line with about 30 seconds left in the first half. Hit him right in the hands with nobody near him. Dropped.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

28 minutes ago, iacas said:

FWIW I'm just watching the game now and Coates just dropped a five-yard pass from the 1.5 yard line with about 30 seconds left in the first half. Hit him right in the hands with nobody near him. Dropped.

Ouch. Maybe he is only good on long passes.

- Shane

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Why?

Exactly. Good/great QBs can make even average receivers look good. BR has a knack for finding receivers down field even when a play looks broken.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 2714 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!