Sign in to follow this  
colin007

2016 British Open at Royal Troon Discussion Thread

Note: This thread is 1062 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

419 posts / 25100 viewsLast Reply

2 minutes ago, b101 said:

Such a shame that two of my favourite players, Rose and McIlroy, have ended up throwing their clubs at the ground pretty hard because they've gotten frustrated. If any of us did that, we'd be politely asked to leave and play somewhere else. I get that they are playing for a living, but surely they need to be setting the example.

That's the one thing I'll give Spieth. He may complain and get upset, but you've never seen that guy curse or throw a club on the course. Same goes for Day who is even more mature on the course than Spieth. Guy never gets down on himself.

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

7 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

Really fun to watch right now. It almost feels like a Sunday and Stenson and Mickelson dueling it out. 

It's been brilliant - great to see Stenson showing a bit more strength with the putter than he used to. Excited to see the same tomorrow!

Edit: I'm also really pleased to see him in a share - he's been striking it the better of the two (bar a slip on 8) and whilst Phil's made some incredible up and downs, it would seem fair for them to end this round level.

Edited by b101

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

C'mon photographers.  How does one get to cover Phil at a major and not know not to take a picture during the downswing?

One of my favorite Stevie moments was when this happened to Tiger and the camera went into the drink.  I forget if the reporter played it from there or took a drop.  Bones should step it up and start chucking cameras ;-)

1 minute ago, Shindig said:

C'mon photographers.  How does one get to cover Phil at a major and not know not to take a picture during the downswing?

One of my favorite Stevie moments was when this happened to Tiger and the camera went into the drink.  I forget if the reporter played it from there or took a drop.  Bones should step it up and start chucking cameras ;-)

No kidding.Love how they dont like people with phones taking pictures yet camera men can snap shots all day long as players are swinging.The need for someone getting a pic right at impact isnt worth screwing someone up.

Complete opposite of last years tourney where half the field had a shot at winning going into the last day. I always kind of liked a tourney where it's more open rather than a one-one shootout, but it'll still be fun to watch.

Edited by ChrisP

4 minutes ago, rolopolo said:

this probably the worst major champs i can remember

Each to their own - personally, I'm enjoying this far more than the US Open or the Masters (bar the last 9 holes) this year and pretty much every PGA Championship ever.

10 minutes ago, b101 said:

Each to their own - personally, I'm enjoying this far more than the US Open or the Masters (bar the last 9 holes) this year and pretty much every PGA Championship ever.

I'm with you.  That course (with the wind and rain), looks ridiculously difficult.  

And hitting it into the gorse is something I can identify with (so there's that).

A Stinson win gives me a small payday at the sports book. Maybe $20. He was a  pick I just pulled out of the air. I don't know anything about the guy. 

34 minutes ago, rolopolo said:

We have two outstanding players--one who has won this championship before, and one who certainly deserves to win this championship--separating themselves from the field and matching each other, shot for shot. I don't see how you can say this tournament is worse than the 2010 Open, where an unknown (at the time) Louis Oosthuizen held a lead of at least four strokes for 35 of the final 36 holes.

Here's to hoping Stenson pulls this out tomorrow. Think he will choke as usual on the greens, but hope I am wrong. Hate Phil but him getting his 6th major would put him on that next tier with Trevino and Faldo, which would be cool history to see.

1 hour ago, rolopolo said:

If you're not a fan of two-man duels, then yeah, I can see how this can be boring. I'm not a fan of them, but if we do get them, I hope it's two great golfers and these two are pretty darn good.

Note: This thread is 1062 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!