IGNORED

Dress Codes

paininthenuts
Note: This thread is 2804 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, MasonAsher2014 said:

No matter the dress code I always wear a hat, polo, golf shorts or golf pants. Even when I go to the local driving range I wear golf clothes. I just can't picture myself in anything else.

You going to the BMW championship at Crooked Stick this year ?

54 minutes ago, Patch said:

Sock dress codes. Now that's way out there, but funny just the same. Can I use this if the need arises? 

Consider it yours!

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, jamo said:

Is that actually part of the rule? 

(I know this sounds like a stupid, sarcastic question but I genuinely know nothing about sock dress codes.)

I was just joking around, I've never belonged to a club that had a required color or length for socks.  I typically wear white no shows with white shoes and black no shows with black shoes.  I mostly wear black shoes because they are easier to keep clean.  

Joe Paradiso

15 hours ago, pganapathy said:

I perfectly understand a dress code and believe you should always have one on a golf course.  I would rather not play on a course that doesn't have one because then you wind up with people dressed very funny.  My philosophy is simple.  A collared T-shirt and pair of tailored pants or knee length shorts.  I don't agree with the white socks only and the soft spike shoes because I find it more comfortable to use sneakers on the course.  I find walking in them easier

I wonder if they are really checking the bottoms of shoes. Those old fashioned two-toned golf shoes stood out. Today's new ones not so much.

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

30 minutes ago, gregsandiego said:

I wonder if they are really checking the bottoms of shoes. Those old fashioned two-toned golf shoes stood out. Today's new ones not so much.

They don't have to check them. If you walk on concrete, your busted.

11 minutes ago, Natural Patrick said:

They don't have to check them. If you walk on concrete, your busted.

OK but that part of a "dress code" makes no sense. Same as if they enforced wearing a golf glove. Should be an option of the golfer to decide what equipment he needs.

10 hours ago, mcanadiens said:

Most definitely. Hate tucking.

When I first started playing, I hated tucking in my shirt and thought it was a stupid rule.  

All my home courses always required tucked in collared shirts so I liked when I played at an away course that didn't.  Over the last few years I have gotten so used to tucking in my shirt that I feel weird if my shirt isn't tucked in.  

If I'm not at the golf course I don't tuck in my shirt but on the course it has to be tucked in, go figure.  

2 minutes ago, gregsandiego said:

OK but that part of a "dress code" makes no sense. Same as if they enforced wearing a golf glove. Should be an option of the golfer to decide what equipment he needs.

Spikeless shoes are a lot more casual looking than the older golf shoes but most still look different than sneakers.  I think if you wore a clean pair of Nike sneakers no one would even think to question you, but if you showed up in a pair of beat up Chuck Taylors I think you'd be asked to change them.  

I never heard a requirement of golf glove.  Beyond safety reasons I can't imagine why they'd require it as part of a dress code.  

Joe Paradiso

4 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

When I first started playing, I hated tucking in my shirt and thought it was a stupid rule.  

All my home courses always required tucked in collared shirts so I liked when I played at an away course that didn't.  Over the last few years I have gotten so used to tucking in my shirt that I feel weird if my shirt isn't tucked in.  

If I'm not at the golf course I don't tuck in my shirt but on the course it has to be tucked in, go figure.  

Spikeless shoes are a lot more casual looking than the older golf shoes but most still look different than sneakers.  I think if you wore a clean pair of Nike sneakers no one would even think to question you, but if you showed up in a pair of beat up Chuck Taylors I think you'd be asked to change them.  

I never heard a requirement of golf glove.  Beyond safety reasons I can't imagine why they'd require it as part of a dress code.  

Well you could wear an old beat up pair of genuine golf shoes also. That's why that part of the dress code wouldn't make sense,

5 minutes ago, gregsandiego said:

Well you could wear an old beat up pair of genuine golf shoes also. That's why that part of the dress code wouldn't make sense,

At my club your golf shoes have to look neat and polished.  We drop our shoes off after every round for polishing and they are returned to our lockers when they are done.  They also replace any broken or worn plastic cleats.   

Joe Paradiso

2 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

At my club your golf shoes have to look neat and polished.  We drop our shoes off after every round for polishing and they are returned to our lockers when they are done.  They also replace any broken or worn plastic cleats.   

Wait  - I just noticed where you are from. Are you in the Hamptons ?

9 minutes ago, gregsandiego said:

Wait  - I just noticed where you are from. Are you in the Hamptons ?

No, about 1/2 hour west of the Hamptons

Joe Paradiso

26 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

That's certainly not the treatment most of us unwashed masses experience at the weed farms we play at.

• Upvote 1

Colin P.

14 hours ago, dave s said:

...just another way to keep more players AWAY from golf!  Sheesh.

The strict dress code (white socks only?) means someone at the club has to enforce the dress code.  Me?  I'd show up with black socks just to see if anyone said anything.  But that's just who I am.

dave

You sound like me! I'd show up in a Speedo if it got a conversation started. But that would have worked better a few years ago rather than now!

14 hours ago, Slice of Life said:

Cargo shorts should just be banned altogether...not just at golf courses. :whistle:

;-)

But then where would you keep your cargo?? Hmmm?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

16 hours ago, Slice of Life said:

Cargo shorts should just be banned altogether...not just at golf courses. :whistle:

;-)

Can we ban these first please?

http://us.loudmouthgolf.com/index.php/men/apparel/shorts.html

• Upvote 1

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

8 hours ago, colin007 said:

That's certainly not the treatment most of us unwashed masses experience at the weed farms we play at.

"Weed farms" is awesome. I'm definitely going to use that going forward. 

Like I said in my opening post, I agree with dress codes, but that doesn't mean anyone has to look boring. I have golf outfits (trousers and polo shirt) in the following colours, pink, orange, royal blue, red, and purple, as well as the boring colours of course. 

In my bag (Motocaddy Light)

Taylormade Burner driver, Taylormade 4 wood, 3 x Ping Karsten Hybrids, 6-SW Ping Karsten irons with reg flex graphite shafts. Odyssey putter, 20 Bridgestone e6 balls, 2 water balls for the 5th hole, loads of tees, 2 golf gloves, a couple of hand warmers, cleaning towel, 5 ball markers, 2 pitch mark repairers, some aspirin, 3 hats, set of waterproofs, an umbrella, a pair of gaiters, 2 pairs of glasses. Christ, it's amazing I can pick the bloody thing up !!

Note: This thread is 2804 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!