IGNORED

R.I.P. Arnold Palmer

Chilli Dipper
Note: This thread is 2757 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I heard on the radio today that the public service for Arnie will be held Tuesday, Oct. 4. This is possibly in consideration of the Ryder Cup being played this weekend. For this reason alone, every single member of both teams, the captains, assistants, and anyone having anything to do with the Ryder Cup should be in attendance. And in Ryder Cup official function dress!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

More photos and video, photo of him in Coast Guard uniform and lying down to read a putt:

http://www.pgatour.com/news/2016/09/25/arnold-palmer-photography.html?cid=TWPGATOUR

More photos and video, photo of him in Coast Guard uniform and lying down to read a putt:

http://www.pgatour.com/news/2016/09/25/arnold-palmer-photography.html?cid=TWPGATOUR

• Upvote 2

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

man, watching old footage of him and seeing old photos...i dont think there was ever a more photogenic dude.  effortless cool.  exudes awesomesauce.

Colin P.

PBS Newshour segment

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Okay as some on this site are very data-centric, and I like what Nate Silver and crew do on FiveThirtyEight.

They have an article up that presents the support for the case that only Jack and Tiger were better than Arnie

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/only-jack-and-tiger-were-better-than-arnold-palmer-at-his-best/

• Upvote 1

Players play, tough players win!

4 hours ago, StefanUrkel said:

I loved Arnold Palmer. I told my dad that it is rare for a person to die and be thought of positively by everyone. He said he had issue with womanizing(no biggie) and some early anti-Semitic thoughts. 

Wow, that's really big of you and your father.-You're swell chaps.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

On 9/28/2016 at 3:07 PM, Wally Fairway said:

Okay as some on this site are very data-centric, and I like what Nate Silver and crew do on FiveThirtyEight.

They have an article up that presents the support for the case that only Jack and Tiger were better than Arnie

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/only-jack-and-tiger-were-better-than-arnold-palmer-at-his-best/

Good article. Caveat that the analysis applies to the modern era (1968 forward) only.

Also, the Major shares stat is cumulative based on past performance not on recent season form like strokes gained. Based on his demonstrated talent level during the season and Jack's likely decline (relative to his peak years), I expect Watson's upset wasn't as great as this other article of theirs argues: http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/jordan-spieths-collapse-also-required-a-great-comeback/

Edited by natureboy

Kevin

Powerful opening to his funeral on golf channel.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

PGA Tour Logo in Arnold Palmer's image

Ct7rrg7WcAUGs5V.jpg

Expressing condolences via billboards

fedd708b9bfa407aaec4ca87c6a56782.jpeg

Timetable of major life events

Ct7yvHYWEAAVcRa.jpg

Ct7bsl_WYAA7W0g.jpg

Steve

• Administrator

My sister was married in the church in today's ceremonies.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

15 hours ago, iacas said:

My sister was married in the church in today's ceremonies.

My room mate when I lived in Cincinnati got married in that church. His wife was from Latrobe. We stayed at her parents house which was across the street from the golf course.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I watched the whole funeral on golf channel last night. Twice. I thought Jim Nantz speech was pretty good, though nothing could top Sam Saunders'. 

• Upvote 1

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

• iacas featured, unfeatured and unpinned this topic
Note: This thread is 2757 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!