IGNORED

Kirkland (Costco) Premium Golf Ball

Note: This thread is 1521 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

33 minutes ago, proto said:

Costco ball is actually a old Taylormade ball that Costco bought the rights for. Costco had this Kirkland ball out before and it never sold or met with the hype as this ball is out for now. 

Source?

Wayne

1 hour ago, proto said:

Costco ball is actually a old Taylormade ball that Costco bought the rights for. Costco had this Kirkland ball out before and it never sold or met with the hype as this ball is out for now. 

Actually a buddy of mine who is knowledgeable on equipment says that it's the B330 ball.  He said the patent for the B330 lapsed and Costco took the specs for it to make the Kirkland ball.  I don't know his source, but he's been in the business for a while.

EDIT: I should say, I support his claim only to the extent that I trust him.  But, I don't have any real data.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

While I have no reason to doubt aforementioned claims regarding this ball, it reminds me back in my motorcycle forum days when somebody would come up with something as really great modification or whatever. Everyone then jumps on the bandwagon extolling its virtues until later on the original poster finds it is not so good after all, but he maintains his silence and is never heard from again.

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, phillyk said:

Actually a buddy of mine who is knowledgeable on equipment says that it's the B330 ball.  He said the patent for the B330 lapsed and Costco took the specs for it to make the Kirkland ball.  I don't know his source, but he's been in the business for a while.

I don't think that's the way those things work, or the "Pro V1 patent" would have lapsed by now.

The simple truth is that you can buy generic urethane golf balls and have your brand slapped on them for a few thousand dollars. If I wanted to we could have a urethane "Sand Trap" golf ball.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

8 minutes ago, iacas said:

I don't think that's the way those things work, or the "Pro V1 patent" would have lapsed by now.

The simple truth is that you can buy generic urethane golf balls and have your brand slapped on them for a few thousand dollars. If I wanted to we could have a urethane "Sand Trap" golf ball.

I'd probably purchase those. :-)

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

8 minutes ago, Lihu said:

I'd probably purchase those. :-)

me too if if a copy of LSW were to be included or versa visa

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Just now, Hacker James said:

me too if if a copy of LSW were to be included or versa visa

Off topic, but you didn't buy LSW yet? Get it. It's really good for your game. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Just now, Lihu said:

Off topic, but you didn't buy LSW yet? Get it. It's really good for your game. . .

oh I know...I am terminally affected with the malady of procrastination

"James"

2 minutes ago, Hacker James said:

oh I know...I am terminally affected with the malady of procrastination

Try out the Costco ball, and purchase LSW. It's less than half the cost of a lesson, and will do more for your game than 10 lessons.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

55 minutes ago, phillyk said:

EDIT: I should say, I support his claim only to the extent that I trust him.  But, I don't have any real data.

they claimed TM sold them them the ball

WITB:
Taylormade M2 - 10.5º 
Taylormade M2 - 3w 15º
Callaway - Apex CF16 9i-3i
Vokey - 46º F Grind
Taylormade MG - 54º, 60º   
Scotty Cameron - Newport M1  - 4.5º
Taylormade - TP5X #7

35 minutes ago, iacas said:

Now you're talking. 

Wait... they might be attracted to bunkers. Nevermind.

- Shane

@Gator Hazard and @jetsknicks1

Did either of you try the Kirkland Ball yet?

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

43 minutes ago, Gator Hazard said:

@jsgolfer gave me one to try out. It's mine. Mine, mine, mine, mine, mine!

Lol. Cool. I just wondered if you had "a connection" who could hook me up. ;-)

Just don't drown it on the first hole. :-P

- Shane

35 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

Lol. Cool. I just wondered if you had "a connection" who could hook me up. ;-)

Just don't drown it on the first hole. :-P

For real! I'm going to wait and play it on a wide opened dry hole and even then I worry. 

Note: This thread is 1521 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!