IGNORED

Putter grips

Note: This thread is 2665 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello TST members I am looking for a new putter grip. Has anyone put the new golf pride snsr into play yet. I used the superstroke slim 3.0 for awhile and liked it. I recently got a new putter so I am currently using the stock grip. Im looking for some opinions from others. Pros and cons of the golf pride snsr. Feel free to throw in other options as well. What do you game and why? thanks. 

Driver - covert 2.0 (9.5) Woods - covert 2.0 (3/5) Hybrids - covert 2.0 (3/4) Irons - vrs-x (5/SW) Putter - :odyssey: metal X (33")

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

27 minutes ago, Vinchenzo561 said:

What do you game and why?

I've used the Tiger Shark grip, also the Crown grip.
I prefer the rubber feel over SS covered grips and I like the taper of the lower portion.
The oversize fits my grip perfectly allowing for a light pressure while making a stroke.

tiger-shark-lite.jpg

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Hello @Vinchenzo561 .  I just tried the SS slim on my practice putter.  My blade putter is conventional and my putting stroke different.   The SS went left at first as a lefty as I couldn't close it but now I seem to hit the line a little better.  My blade putter is better for my short putts. I'll been working on the longer puts with the SS gripped putter over the winter, trying to minimize my hand influence.

I am not familiar w/ Golf Pride Snsr. I use Superstroke "Flatso" on both my putters. My preferred putter is a mallet that has the oversize Flatso 3.0. It's very easy to put your hands on, very comfortable. I would buy it again.  

1 hour ago, Vinchenzo561 said:

Hello TST members I am looking for a new putter grip. Has anyone put the new golf pride snsr into play yet. I used the superstroke slim 3.0 for awhile and liked it. I recently got a new putter so I am currently using the stock grip. Im looking for some opinions from others. Pros and cons of the golf pride snsr. Feel free to throw in other options as well. What do you game and why? thanks. 

I installed one on my 2 ball putter.   I absolutely love it.   It seems like when you are going to replace a putter grip that you are guessing or taking somebody's advice.   I went to Carl's and guessed and guessed correctly.   I really like the slight curve at the end.  It feels soft and best of all, it feels right.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

No experience with the snsr, but I also like my Superstroke.

If you've previously used, and liked, the Superstroke, why wouldn't you stick with that?

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I put a WINN JUMBO LITE on my  Bettinardi and i liked it alot at first. On short putts it made the head feel real light to me. Mid range putts felt perfect . I recently got a new putter and it has the stock grip. I was gonna get a Super Stroke put on it but the sales rep talked me out of it for the very reason I mentioned before, Head will feel lite on short putts. Ive kept the original grip and adjusted to it. Those bigger grips do feel great though dont they ?  I hope they can make a super lite big grip someday !!

My Bag (Callaway ORG 14 )
Callaway Apex CF16's 4-AW
Callaway MD3's 54deg---58deg   W-grind
Callaway 3-hybrid
Callaway XR16 10.5 driver and 3-wood
Odyssey Metal X Milled #6 putter
Chrome Soft ball

I use this putter grip. I like it a lot. I am a big fan of round cross-section putter grips.

https://edelgolf.com/collections/grips/products/edel-round-grip

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I got a SuperStroke Fatso 5.0 fitted to my putter this year, just to see if having a fatter grip made a difference.  I really like it and my putting is much better than 12 months ago, especially distance control.  Some of that may be down to relentless practice :-D but I do think the grip has helped.  For $20 it has probably been one of the best golf investments I've ever made and at that sort of price my thinking was if I don't like it I can make a change quite easily.

I chose the Fatso simply by going into my local pro shop and trying a bunch of putter with different grips to see which one 'felt' the best.  Fatso won hands down!

Adam

:ping: G30 Driver 

:callaway: XR16 3W
:callaway: Big Bertha 5W
:ping: S55 4-W 
:ping: 50' , 56', 60' Glide Wedge
:odyssey: White Hot #7 Putter

I used to use a Scotty Cameron pistolero until I found out about Super Stroke grips, and I found them to be comfortable enough to be worth switching (they just feel satisfying to hold, to me). I originally used the 1.0 Ultra Slim and the 2.0 Super Slim (when I couldn't find a 1.0 to replace the original grip after a couple years), but then I got a new putter that had a grip I liked even better.

The new putter had a Super Stroke Flatso 2.0 installed on it, which I have decided is definitely my favorite of the putter grips I've tried. It feels weird at first, but I am definitely a fan of the large flat top after using it for a summer. It makes it incredibly easy to feel where the putter face is pointed (when the grip is properly installed, of course) because you now have a very large section of the grip that is perpendicular to the face in addition to being able to feel the putter head. I don't necessarily need that feedback since I can already tell where the face is pointed by feel, but I felt it was a nice reassurance to have anyways. In addition to that, the grip is still quite comfortable to hold, having the same construction as the other Super Stroke offerings. It's a very soft feel, with just a little bit of squish that makes it quite pleasant to hold.

I won't lie, the pentagonal grip shape is probably not for everyone and I guarantee some people would absolutely hate it. When I saw that it was what was installed on the putter I had purchased, I actually went and ordered a new grip for it immediately since I thought it was absurd. After putting with it for a while, though (I still wanted to try out the putter rather than wait another two days for the new grip), I decided I liked it a fair deal and the grip I ordered is still sitting in my closet. As for durability, my Super Stroke grips have all lasted right about two years with pretty heavy use. I would consider them less durable than an all-rubber grip, if that's a concern, just because I found the stitching along the backside of the grip starts to come undone at the butt end of the grip after the club has been inserted and removed from the bag a number of times. It's not a deal-breaker for me, but it may be to you.

I have actually just traded that putter of mine for a new Notchback, which has a white pistolero installed on it, and I think my first order of business will be to swap the grip out for a Flatso (and probably sell the SC grip since it's brand new). I really like the feel of that grip, strangely shaped as it may be, and don't want to switch back to a "traditional" grip.

I recommend trying before you buy, especially for odd grips like the Flatso, because putter grips are largely personal preference. I love the soft and slightly squishy feel of the Super Stroke grips, but I know others prefer the hardness of a solid rubber grip or the texture of a corded putter grip (I liked my original corded putter grip - until it got slightly worn and became incredibly slick). 

Thank you everyone for your input. I will most likely go back to my superstroke. I just keep seeing the new snsr being advertised and wanted to know what the hype was all about. I do agree with others about the feeling of weight being noticeably different. I do prefer the bigger grips tho as I like for it to fill my hands with light pressure. Guess it's time to go see what feels right. If anything it's back to the superstroke. Thanks again. 

Driver - covert 2.0 (9.5) Woods - covert 2.0 (3/5) Hybrids - covert 2.0 (3/4) Irons - vrs-x (5/SW) Putter - :odyssey: metal X (33")

• Administrator

Consider a round grip, definitely.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I like the Winn Grip - the little bit of taper at the bottom works well for me vs the SuperStrokes which feel 'weird' (that's the technical term)

the picture here is the closest to what I've had for awhile

2016-12-16 10_41_49-Jumbo Pistol Lite Gray _ Red _ Stone Designed by Winn - The Best Grips in Fishin.jpg

Bill - 

• 3 weeks later...

I use the Golf Pride Jumbo Crown grips on my putters. I have on Super Stroke Flatso I use on one putter. I don't like the billboard writing on the SUPER STROKE so I will not be buying one again. I am curious about the newer Golf Pride jumbo grips but the colors are not that great.  

I use a Scotty Cameron putter with 35" original shaft length. The stock grip was ok, but because I'm a short guy (5'5), sometimes I poke myself in the belly with the shaft. So last month I decided to cut the shaft by two inches and install a new Super Stroke Slim 2.0 grip. It took a few weeks to get used to and find a comfortable way to hold, but now I feel I putt really well with it. Don't know if it's due to the new grip or shorter length, but I'm happy with the way it is now

Note: This thread is 2665 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!