IGNORED

Favorite Christmas Song Thread

boogielicious
Note: This thread is 2307 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

There was an old thread on this, but it only had a few hits. Since we have a fun thread reviling Christmas songs, I thought I would start a rival thread on which are your favorite songs or albums.

Mine:

Vince Guaraldi's A Charlie Brown Christmas - love the jazz piano style of this artist. Favorite song on the album is the instrumental Christmas Time is Here. Serene and melancholy at the same time.

The Boston Pops - Nutcracker Suite. When my parents put this album on when I was a kid, we knew it was really Christmas time. 

Other favs: Brian Setzer's version of the Nutcracker Suite. Nat King Cole's version of Mel Torme's Christmas Song. Jingle Bell Rock- Bill Haley and Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree - Brenda Lee. Winter Wonderland and Sleigh Ride.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Silent night for me.  A good reminder of the true meaning of Christmas.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

• Administrator

I like them all, in measured doses.

Except the rap ones.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Vince Guaraldi songs are classics. I like the new She & Him album. Below is Winter Wonderland with a slide guitar. Here's the whole album. My favorite is Diana Krall's Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, her wayback 1995 version.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Every year I get into my Christmas mix making.  I started doing it when I was in my mid 20's . .so now almost 20 years later, there are mostly just small adds/subtracts.  I'm not finding amazing new Christmas songs every year, lol.  

Anyway - here is the greatest "Cool Christmas Mix" song of all time:

Other tracks that make the cut just about every year:

Anders Lewin - Funky Christmas

The Ventures - Blue Christmas

Eels - Everything's Gonna Be Cool This Christmas

Some that are great but don't make it every year (due to getting played-out):

James Brown - Soulful Christmas

Otis Redding - White Christmas

The Ramones - Merry Christmas (I don't wanna fight tonight)

• 1 year later...

Merry Christmas all.

I was searching for the other threads on this topic. I know there were some longer ones but can't find them. 

Even using a Google search.

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

I’m bored with the classics.  

Christmas Island - Jimmy Buffet

Little Saint Nick - the Beach Boys

Last Christmas - Wham

Jesus Christ - Big Star

Corey

• iacas changed the title to Favorite Christmas Song Thread

I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day. — Casting Crowns

runner up: Oh Come Emmanuel  — by Aliqua

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Always fond of Nat King Coles Christmas album and the two that Johnny Mathis put together. I know that’s not a song but those albums remind me of my childhood Christmasses. Remind me of decorating our tree (my dad would always put those records on) as we did decorating. 

Note: This thread is 2307 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!