IGNORED

TST East Coast Get-Together (w/AimPoint), May 5-7 2017

GolfLug
Note: This thread is 2537 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

7 hours ago, dsc123 said:

Well, my family calendar filled up fast and that's turning out to be a busy weekend.  Unfortunately, I have to bow out.

Thanks, @DaveP043 for your generosity in hosting and putting this together.  Hope you all have great fun.

Sorry you can't make it, we'll have to make a point to get together sometime this summer

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

Cool, we needed to have someone to talk about  :whistle:

It won't be the first time, and that gives you all plenty of time to fix my swing for Sunday's round.

Gus
---------------

So, is everyone staying near Reston, VA then?

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

13 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Dave and I both live there (technically, I'm right on the border- but only about 5-10min from Dave). I can vouch for there being lotsa hotel choices, as we're near Dulles International Airport.

As mentioned in the thread earlier though, Stoneleigh is a bit of a hike up Route 7 (or out a pricy Rt 267 toll road "Dulles Greenway"). That can take 40minutes from our area, I believe.

So if you stay out closer to the course near Leesburg, nobody would fault you for that.

For those who are staying near me, or anywhere along my route (I'll likely take the Greenway from Reston area- I have a pass so the toll feels FREE to me!), I'd be glad to pick you up on Saturday. I'll be playing the round and doing the Aimpoint clinic, but I'm flexible for what to do in between. I could drop you off at your car again either before or after Dave's get-together. I've got a minivan that can easily fit 3 others, and might be a good way to get acquainted before/after the round.

Dave- I'll drop you a PM, but count me in on the shindig at your place. I can bring something, of course.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, RandallT said:

For those who are staying near me, or anywhere along my route (I'll likely take the Greenway from Reston area- I have a pass so the toll feels FREE to me!), I'd be glad to pick you up on Saturday. I'll be playing the round and doing the Aimpoint clinic, but I'm flexible for what to do in between.

Not much time in between, FWIW. Tee times are 10:30 to 11, the clinic is at 4.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

8 minutes ago, iacas said:

Not much time in between, FWIW. Tee times are 10:30 to 11, the clinic is at 4.

True! My math skills were a bit off there. I was thinking golf would be done 2ish for some reason! 

Anyone else taking the Aimpoint clinic Saturday? I reached out to Sean at Stoneleigh yesterday, so hopefully it's not full. I could do the Friday clinic as well, but just seemed to make sense to fill Saturday up with one trip out there rather than the extra trip Friday.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Haven't booked a room but will stay near Reston. I have a Durango and plenty space if anybody needs transport help.

Vishal S.

Count me in for both days of golf and possibly the Saturday AimPoint class. @DaveP043 I would love to join you guys for dinner on Saturday as well. I'll shoot you a PM.

Probably going to book a room at one of the places Dave listed earlier, in the Reston area I think?

• Upvote 2

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

9 hours ago, RandallT said:

Anyone else taking the Aimpoint clinic Saturday? I reached out to Sean at Stoneleigh yesterday, so hopefully it's not full. I could do the Friday clinic as well, but just seemed to make sense to fill Saturday up with one trip out there rather than the extra trip Friday.

I'm not doing Aimpoint, since I've already taken the Express class.  I'll still be at the course both days at the practice range or on the putting green during the classes (assuming that's OK, @DaveP043).

23 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Essentially - I'm staying at the Comfort Inn in Herndon, since it was the cheapest option (King bed rooms for $60/night)...the first hotel in Dave's post.

- John

1 hour ago, Hardspoon said:

I'm staying at the Comfort Inn in Herndon, since it was the cheapest option (King bed rooms for $60/night)...the first hotel in Dave's post.

Same here. Was planning on breakfast and then heading out to the course for practice/warm-up each day.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

On 4/18/2017 at 1:30 PM, JGus said:

I also noticed that a lot of folks walk there, I'm guessing everyone will probably ride for this little outing, but I'm up for walking if anyone else is.

I should have noticed this the first time I read it.  How did you find out that lots of us walk at Stoneleigh?

On 4/18/2017 at 11:48 AM, davechen said:

I'm a probably yes for golf on Saturday.  I'm doubtful for other activities, although an Aimpoint clinic would be cool.

@davechen, this is the last thing I see.  Can you confirm for Saturday, or is it still probable?  Its not a big deal, let me know when you know for sure, I'm just working through the thread so I have a good idea of just what's happening

21 hours ago, billchao said:

Same here. Was planning on breakfast and then heading out to the course for practice/warm-up each day.

Duck Donuts is just down the street from the Comfort Inn.  Fresh fried donuts, with your choices of toppings.  Try the Maple glaze with bacon, its ridiculous.

And last, my most recent tabulation:

In for 2 days of golf:  @iacas, @DaveP043, @GolfLug, @saevel25, @RandallT, @Hardspoon, @JGus, and @billchao.

Sunday only, Saturday still up in the air:  @jsgolfer

Saturday only:  @davechen

That makes 9 on each day.  We can still handle a few more guys each day, we have three tee times available.  The range and practice green will be available for all of us to use.  

Dave

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 

1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

Duck Donuts is just down the street from the Comfort Inn.  Fresh fried donuts, with your choices of toppings.  Try the Maple glaze with bacon, its ridiculous.

You're trying to set me up, aren't you? Load me up with sugar and carbs before the round, have a little friendly wager or two, then bam! Hypoglycemia. No thanks, I'm on to your tricks :-P

There's one by me and I've yet to try them though... might be alright after some protein for breakfast...

1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

The range and practice green will be available for all of us to use.  

We have unlimited access? I'll use the facilities before both rounds and possibly after the round Saturday if I'm not in the AimPoint class.

Bill

My Swing Thread

Just now, billchao said:

You're trying to set me up, aren't you? Load me up with sugar and carbs before the round, have a little friendly wager or two, then bam! Hypoglycemia. No thanks, I'm on to your tricks :-P

There's one by me and I've yet to try them though... might be alright after some protein for breakfast...

We have unlimited access? I'll use the facilities before both rounds and possibly after the round Saturday if I'm not in the AimPoint class.

If u have never had Duck Donuts, well, the Hypoglycemia (or is it Hyper?...), whatever, is absolutely worth it..

Vishal S.

25 minutes ago, billchao said:

The bacon IS the protein!  Its perfect!

And yes, we get range balls day and night.  Well, not all night, they do need to get the range picked eventually.  

Dave

2 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

I should have noticed this the first time I read it.  How did you find out that lots of us walk at Stoneleigh?

Um, retired Army guy, if I tell you I would have to kill you :ninja:

Actually, if you select 'Golf' in the top menu of the Stoneleigh website, the last sentence of the second to the last paragraph states:

"Almost half of the Club’s rounds are played by walkers, something that sets Stoneleigh apart from other private clubs in the region."

Gus
---------------

Sorry to say this guy's, but I'm very doubtful for this outing now. My back gave out this morning. Right now it hurts just to stand up straight to walk. I doubt I'll be able to swing a club. I got till next Thursday by 4 to cancel my hotel with out being charged. I'll keep you guys informed. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

Sorry to say this guy's, but I'm very doubtful for this outing now. My back gave out this morning. Right now it hurts just to stand up straight to walk. I doubt I'll be able to swing a club. I got till next Thursday by 4 to cancel my hotel with out being charged. I'll keep you guys informed. 

Sorry to hear that man! I hope it gets better quick so you can make it. 

- Shane

4 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Ouch, I'm really sorry to hear that.  Nothing to do but rest and heal, and hope for the best.  Let us all know when you decide for sure.  There are no repercussions if you decide you can't play, so there's not a big rush to make a decision.  Good luck!

Dave

Note: This thread is 2537 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!