IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Quote:

Originally Posted by inthehole

does that ball say on it what I think it does ... if so, LOL LOL LOL !!!!

Yes it does!  Nice catch!.................hahaha

My mark is very distinct and it's very easy to identify my ball!!

It doesn't matter the brand......every ball receives the same mark!!

Love it ... I bet you get a lot of balls returned to you !

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Best shot of the week actually is several shots.  New golfer so even making good contact and getting ball going is a victory.  Closed my stance a little on the tee and hitting driver better.  First hole being that I am a slicer I tried to compensate, hit it well enough that I pulled it left (am right handed) into the high rough.  Played a provisional and put it in the adjoining fairway slightly on the right.

Next tee, I pulled it left again into high rough, played a provisional and belted it straight as an arrow into the left edge of fairway.  Found my first ball and played it.  Next hole off the tee, crushed it straight as an arrow again middle right of fairway.

Tee box after that, again, clobbered it straight, drifting slightly to the right hand side in the fairway.  I was amazed that I was able to actually hit my driver well today, and put it in the fairway almost as many times as I didn't.  That is danged good for me.

I couldn't buy a GIR today but was still able to get a birdie. Ball off the green - not sure of the distance, but at least 20ft from the hole. The line had to start about 30 degrees right along the fringe before breaking left. Decided to use the putter. Perfect read, perfect speed... watched it break left and trickle slowly downhill towards the center of the flag.

I'm a really poor putter so I don't sink a putt like this but maybe once a season. Correctly playing a big break like this is one of my favorite shots in golf.

It's the little things in life...

Jon

Friday: Excellent shots - all - on Nos. 9 and 18 / both Par 4.

No. 9, 335 yds. uphill  - Hit longest drive of group into fairway. From 100 yards out going uphill, I hit a 9i just short and left of pin. Sank a 31 foot putt for a birdie . (Split the cup at 6 o'clock).

No. 18, 360 yards uphill  - Put drive 20 yards past 150-yard stake. Going uphill from 140 yards out to a back pin, I pulled a 6 iron shot up pin high, way left - leaving a 90-foot putt. I ran the first putt up and over a terrace, and it rolled 6" left and 20 feet past the cup. I made my clean-up putt for a par (again, split the cup at 6 o'clock).

(Lots of left misses with irons on fairly smooth swings - I may need to get the lie angle tweaked).

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Played in my course's ball buster yesterday.  The 6th tee box was positioned with trees in the way so that you had to hit a big draw / hook around to get the fairway or green.  The course was set up with impossible pin locations and tee boxes were typically placed behind a tree or bush you had to hit around or on a slope with the ball above or below the feet.  #6 to the pin was 304 yds (lasered), pin location was front left, just a foot away from edge of green on a big slope.  The closest the ball could rest below the hole was 15ft away, which is just barely on the green.  My shot of the day came here when I pulled driver and hit a big, high draw around the trees, and the ball landed 1yd short of the green, so about a 300yd carry.  We ended up with a birdie after sinking the 15ft putt straight up the hill.  I had a lot of other great shots, but this was my highlight.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Missed 12 fairway with a push drive that ended up in a right side bunker. I am good out of bunkers but I was sweating it a little because I was +1 at that point and 12 is a par 5 so I wanted to keep the momentum heading in a positive direction, catching the bunker left me further from the hole than usual. Took care to setup so I would pick it clean and hit a 5 iron out that traveled 227. I wouldn't have hit it that good from the fairway so probably dumb luck but it left me 88 yards from the green and I took care of biz making a routine par. Too bad I 3 putted the very next hole for bogey.

Dave :-)

First time I ever intentionally tried to cut off a dogleg by going upstairs with driver & OVER trees.

Apple Mtn - #5.    The tee shot distances were correct & just figured it ought to work ... set up for a fade - committed to it & hit a great downhill drive ... cleared heavy trees easy - must have cut over 100 yds off my usual approach shot - left me with lob wedge in (instead of a hybrid).   Awesome feeling to figure something new out by myself that add a whole new aspect to my game - now I won't be so afraid to go over trees as long as it makes sense.

That's what I love about golf - the challenge of figuring out new ways to improve shots ... and then properly executing the shot.

BTW ... played great, shot my 2nd 79 :dance: .

John

I mostly play the same course each week for the past 32 years. So that means hundreds of rounds. Made a 2 on the par four 300 yard 13th hole. Flopped a LW in from 40 yards. Second eagle I've made on the course on a par 4. The previous one was at least 20 years ago.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

I mostly play the same course each week for the past 32 years. So that means hundreds of rounds. Made a 2 on the par four 300 yard 13th hole. Flopped a LW in from 40 yards. Second eagle I've made on the course on a par 4. The previous one was at least 20 years ago.

Way to go!  Must be a great feeling.

My best shot of the year so far was on the 9th hole of Holiday Park. I was just a couple of yards in front of the green, and pulled out my 8 iron. Played a pitch shot and rolled it up to 2" from the cup. Another roll or two and that would've been my first birdie in ages! Easiest par putt ever though!

Playing a 400 yard par 4 with dogleg had my drive going just a little too far of the landing zone.  My ball was sitting 174 yards out and on a little knoll.  I had two big trees 10 ft. in front of me.  The trunk of the right one gave me about a foot of room to hit.  There was another tree about 70 yards out directly in my line but a little fade should take it out of play.  I took a 5w and just got some leaves on its way through and I seen it hit up near the green and kicked a little left towards the pin and out of view.  My fade turned into a little draw.  What a feeling it was when I got up there to see it  2 feet from the cup.  I blew the putt past the hole about 2 feet.  The next putt lipped out and sat next to the hole as close as a ball could get without going in.  It was if to say, "Look at me, look at me".  The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat all on one hole.

Driver:  :nike:  Vapor Pro 9.5°  Wood & Hybrids : :nike:Covert Tour 13°, 18° & 21°
Irons & Wedges:
  :nike:  Covert 2.0  5i - AW,  :titleist:   56-14F,  60-07S
Putter:     :titleist:Newport Select
Balls:  :bridgestone: B330-RX

More like 'best hole of the week'

A few days ago I played our blue course (we have 4 9-holes tracks that can be combined for 18 holes).
It was dusk, nearing to night. The hole is a 440 yard par 4 with a slight dogleg to the right. Hit a good drive about 250 yards, middle of the fairway. When we got to my ball I couldn't make out where the flag was anymore. So I decided to hit a 5 iron to center green. I hit a pure shot, but pushed the shot a bit. Turns out the flag was on the right side of the green and my push had guided the ball in the right direction. I ended up making the 15 footer for birdie! I don't birdie that hole very often.
The next day we have a competition. Once again we get to this hole (our last) really close to darkness. This time I hit my drive right, behind some trees. I can only chip out and am left with a 165 yard shot. The flag was still in the same position, so this time I aim my 7-iron to the right side of the green. I hit it a bit thin, but it ends up pin high about 12 foot left of the hole. I also sink this put, netting me a cool par. I seem to play this hole much better in darkness :)

• Upvote 1

Won closest to pin in the final league play event of the year.   155 yd severely downhill par 3 - 2 clubs less than usual for the distance (makes club selection tough).   Plopped it in there nice and tight ...

John

160 yard 9 iron to 10 FT, sank the putt for a birdie.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

It's a toss up between 2 shots I had tonight. The I'm leaning towards the first one because it counted, the second was a provisional shot that I ended up not needing to use.

**included my foot for scale size 10 1/2

1. Sand wedge from just over 100 yards out. Made the bird.

2. 9 iron from just over 150 in the rough.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

I finally had a shot worthy of mentioning. On Sunday, It was No. 6 at Homestead GC, Tipp City OH. It's a slight dog-leg right par 4. I hit a weak drive that at least landed in the middle of the fairway. From 175 yards out, I hit a really gentle 5W into an open-front green. It bounced just perfect and left me a 1/2-footer for a rare birdie.
  • Upvote 1

218yds par 3:

4-Rescue was the club of choice.....easy DEUCE!  BAM.............

Get Some!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Love it ... I bet you get a lot of balls returned to you !

Golf balls are returned to me, but not as many as you'd think!!  I play good balls and people tend to keep them in spite of the way I desecrate them.   A lot of people go out of their way to share all the gory details about where they found one of my lost balls, but they don't give it back...hahaha

The reason I started using the mark in the first place was because I had golfers come from different holes to play my ball out from the middle of the fairway before I could get to it.  There are a few holes where it's a bit of a journey to get to the fairway.  Using this mark cured that problem 100%, but there is no guarantee for returned lost balls.......LOL

My most fun story regarding my mark....... I paired-up with a complete stranger playing one of my balls!!   I started laughing and showed him my ball and he thought I wanted my ball back.....LOL   I refused the return!   That was a very funny moment!!

• Upvote 1

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch