IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

On 5/24/2021 at 2:13 AM, measureoffsetinnm said:

Nothing like those swings when you are so tilted you don't care anymore. I think it is because there is a such a freeness to them. Did the group in front of you notice and bring it up with you?

Ha, I did this the other day with my friend.   Struggled all day with chunks and shanks.  Hole #11 here comes the beer cart lady.  Bought a beer, turned to my friend and said "watch this".   I pounded the beer, walked up to ball in fairway, no practice swing.  Just hit the ball without a care and dropped it right on the green.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nyrangers1022 said:

Ha, I did this the other day with my friend.   Struggled all day with chunks and shanks.  Hole #11 here comes the beer cart lady.  Bought a beer, turned to my friend and said "watch this".   I pounded the beer, walked up to ball in fairway, no practice swing.  Just hit the ball without a care and dropped it right on the green.

Always! Sad you didn't say "hold my beer" to your friend but I think finishing it beforehand could be considered an acceptable excuse.

• Like 1

Hit a weak shot off the tee on a 160 yard downhill par 3 that ended up short right(35 yards from pin). The green was very long sloping right to left. Pitch on with the 60 accounting for slope and the ball rolls out and curls for 25 feet into the hole for a 2 and a skin worth $12.75. What a feeling after a weak tee shot.

WITB:

:ping: G25 8.5 with Hazardous black stiff shaft. Anser 3W 15 degree

:mizuno: MP-14 3-9. 51* Mizuno, :cleveland:54* Cleveland RAW ,60*  588 :odyssey: #2 Stricker special

I played my best nine hole round this year from the Mens Tees yesterday and had several really good shots.
Started on the 10th hole which I chased a 5 iron out of the ruff that ran up to the pin and made the 4 ft'er.

Then after I did my usual fuc-ups, bad chip, a couple of three putts, thin the lob wedge, etc for bogey golf.
On the 16th, my 9 iron out of the ruff (darn layup ran through the fairway) came up short and I chipped in.
Next Hole Par 3 hit it pin high and drained a 20 footer.
Had a great chance on the final hole with a straight up the gut 12 footer to complete the Trifecta
but missed the putt on the high side of the hole for a "One over Par" back nine score...

Front side was my typical Ho-Hum crappy play, can't seem to avoid mistakes when starting a round this year.
Putting has been poor, missing too many short putts and having too many 3 putts some days... Errr .. 😡 

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was playing in a BB match and hit an awful drive on a 432 yard par 4, hitting a tree no more than 120 yards from the tee. I had an awful lie in the rough so I took out a hybrid and hit it as far as could down the fairway. I still had about 170 yards and the club I needed for that yardage would not hold the green. I had found throughout the day that a well struck ball could run pretty far in the hard and fast fairways. So I hit my 150 club low and hard and it bounced true, up the front of the pushup green and settled three feet from the hole for a very unexpected and satisfying par.  

Caveat: One of my BB opponents made a 65 foot birdie putt to win the hole. If he was on here, that probably would have been his shot of the week, maybe the year. 

Bill M

I actually had 2 today.

First one hole 2 a 166m ( not yards lol ) par 3, little into the wind with a back right pin position, out here we have had a couple weeks of sunny weather so the greens are dry and hard, I thought if I can land it on the front it would release to the hole, I hit a perfect knockdown 6iron it had a ever so slightly fade on it and ended up 2 feet from the hole.

hole 18 also a par 3 182m to the pin today guarded by bumpers front left and right. I actually hit a duff 5 iron off the tee what ended up still in front of the left bunker pin position was about 5 steps behind the bunker, I had to play a high lob shot to even have a chance off getting it close. I landed it just over the bunker in the fringe and it rolled out to just a few inches.

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

6 minutes ago, tomvk77nl said:

I actually had 2 today.

First one hole 2 a 166m ( not yards lol ) par 3, little into the wind with a back right pin position, out here we have had a couple weeks of sunny weather so the greens are dry and hard, I thought if I can land it on the front it would release to the hole, I hit a perfect knockdown 6iron it had a ever so slightly fade on it and ended up 2 feet from the hole.

hole 18 also a par 3 182m to the pin today guarded by bumpers front left and right. I actually hit a duff 5 iron off the tee what ended up still in front of the left bunker pin position was about 5 steps behind the bunker, I had to play a high lob shot to even have a chance off getting it close. I landed it just over the bunker in the fringe and it rolled out to just a few inches.

So Hole 2= 182 yards for us Yankees and Hole 18= 199 yards also for us Yankees.

Edited by onthehunt526
Math for hole 2 was off by a yard
  • Funny 1

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

6 hours ago, phan52 said:

I was playing in a BB match and hit an awful drive on a 432 yard par 4, hitting a tree no more than 120 yards from the tee. I had an awful lie in the rough so I took out a hybrid and hit it as far as could down the fairway. I still had about 170 yards and the club I needed for that yardage would not hold the green. I had found throughout the day that a well struck ball could run pretty far in the hard and fast fairways. So I hit my 150 club low and hard and it bounced true, up the front of the pushup green and settled three feet from the hole for a very unexpected and satisfying par.  

This perfectly illustrates why I don't mind mishitting drives on par 4s. I find it really fun trying to salvage the hole and hitting clubs I would not normally use. Driver-wedge gets very boring after a while.

5 hours ago, onthehunt526 said:

So Hole 2= 182 yards for us Yankees and Hole 18= 199 yards also for us Yankees.

Loved the edit note.

Edited by measureoffsetinnm

My best shot of the week was on the 467-yard 17th on Saturday (The tees were up by the whites, so it was playing maybe 440) I hit a 5-iron from 180 yards for my second shot (165m for you Aussies) to about 25 feet and made the putt on a 46° F (7.8° C) damp day where the ball was going nowhere.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

2 hours ago, onthehunt526 said:

My best shot of the week was on the 467-yard 17th on Saturday (The tees were up by the whites, so it was playing maybe 440) I hit a 5-iron from 180 yards for my second shot (165m for you Aussies) to about 25 feet and made the putt on a 46° F (7.8° C) damp day where the ball was going nowhere.

Safe guess you like the new irons? 😛

7 minutes ago, measureoffsetinnm said:

Safe guess you like the new irons? 😛

Yeah, but I hate the run around Srixon is giving me on the AW.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

12 hours ago, measureoffsetinnm said:

What happened with it?

I ordered the driver, 3w, hybrids, irons March 14 the former three show up within 2 weeks. I got 5-PW May 17, I was told originally June 1 for the AW now they're telling me July 9... Their container is on ship is anchored 5 miles outside of Long Beach and they can't get it into port before then. It's not they were late leaving Asia, the heads are stuck in an anchored ship.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

9 hours ago, onthehunt526 said:

I ordered the driver, 3w, hybrids, irons March 14 the former three show up within 2 weeks. I got 5-PW May 17, I was told originally June 1 for the AW now they're telling me July 9... Their container is on ship is anchored 5 miles outside of Long Beach and they can't get it into port before then. It's not they were late leaving Asia, the heads are stuck in an anchored ship.

That is something. I thought I remember you saying the AW is sold as part of the iron set? I don't even understand how it somehow is separate from the rest of the irons.

At least the ones you do have are working out though. Always good to know you made the right purchase, even if you can't fully enjoy it yet. 😒

11 hours ago, onthehunt526 said:

I was told originally June 1 for the AW now they're telling me July 9... Their container is on ship is anchored 5 miles outside of Long Beach and they can't get it into port before then. It's not they were late leaving Asia, the heads are stuck in an anchored ship.

Bummer - I just asked my instructor/fitter to order the ZX5 AW for me to go with my 4-PW

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Well I don’t have video of this shot, but I do have video of the resulting putt. So I was playing the short par-5 16th at Genny yesterday. It was a little damp but not Thursday wet… I hit a nice 252 yard drive up the right hand side. I had 220 to the middle and about 227 to the flag. I’m on a slight downhill lie and I hit a 3-wood just focused on weight forward and balance and lone behold I pull it off. Or as Alli would say I would hit a ball with a club.

Above is the resulting eagle putt and celebration. Enjoy!

Edited by onthehunt526
Bad link!!!

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Four contenders:

Saturday, #12 (I think a Raven in Phoenix, first time there).  In a big greenside bunker, far from the green, pin was deep on the green.  I was about 40 yards from the hole.  Decide to play it as if it was a pitch off hardpan, caught the ball first perfectly, hit it to about three feet, made the birdie putt.

Sunday, #16 at San Ignacio in Green Valley.  Just short of the left greenside bunker in two (thanks to some help from the carpath on the drive).  Not in the bunker, but basically a hardpan lie with sand overspill on it.  About fifty yards back to the hole, hit the same kind of shot to about two feet.  Made the birdie putt.

Sunday #18 at El Rio in Tucson.  two contenders on the same hole.  Drive was a pull hook, rolled and rolled on the hardpan, almost over to the 15th (for those who care) under a tree.  The path directly to the green was well blocked out, so I wanted to hit back into the fairway, but actually make some progress.  I needed par to shoot 89, so I was a bit motivated.  The easy play was straight out, but would have left me well over 200 yards out.  So, I wanted to go over some trees that were maybe 40 or 50 yards away, but on a path towards the 150 stake.  But, if I hit straight over them with any power I was going to go all the way to the other side of the fairway.  So I figured the shot was a seven iron with some draw, over the trees, to somewhere near 150.  I got set up, a little closed, a little strong grip, and started to swing, hit the limbs above me and somehow stopped.  OK, so I need to shorted the backswing, and just take what I get.  I did, and what I got was a perfect shot, over the trees, drawing right down the fairway, and rolling out to about (well, pretty much exactly) 136 to the flag.  It went 175 yards, way more than I hit a seven.  Hard fairway, and hook spin, and really good contact from the shorted backswing (a lesson that I took advantage of on the next shot).  So I take a nine iron, remember the feel of how I just hit the seven, stay perfectly in tempo, bounce in front of the green and roll up to about 10 inches.

The shot to ten inches probably looked the best, but I figure there's a lot of luck in that.  The winner is the seven iron.  I am not a really good player, just got back under a 20 based on yesterday's rounds, so planning and executing a difficult shot as well as that is the clear winner!

By the way, three rounds over the weekend, when it was over 110 degrees out, was a bit crazy!

This isn't actually the "best", but its the best result.  In an interclub match at River Creek GC in Leesburg VA this past Saturday,, my partner and I were 1 down coming to the 14th.  This is a pretty short par 3, about 120 yards tee to flag.  The green is two-tiered, and the flag was near the back of the lower (front) tier.  I hit a nice looking wedge, heading just right of the hole, and I think its going to be pretty close.  Until the ball hits the ground, bounces 20 feet into the air, and appears to be headed for the back rough.  Lucky for me, it landed near the top of the slope between the tiers, and starts rolling back towards us, and right towards the hole.  At this stage, I've gone from pleased, to aghast, to feeling lucky, to thinking I just might make and ace, in the space of maybe 3 seconds.  The ball stopped about a foot away, the putt conceded for a birdie, and the match is tied with four holes to play.  And the ball had a nice big black mark from where it had bounced off the sprinkler head.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Funny 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.