IGNORED

2017 Farmers Insurance Open Discussion Thread

colin007
Note: This thread is 2649 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
42 minutes ago, zero said:

Combine that and this:

There you go.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

We've had 4 storms roll through back to back to back to back.  My office is about 2 miles (as the crow flies) from Torrey, here is the a shot just now from my office... the last storm is moving out of the area now.

20170124_112023.jpg

Woods is paired with DJ. Hope Woods doesn't try to overdo it off the tee. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

28 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Woods is paired with DJ. Hope Woods doesn't try to overdo it off the tee. 

Just read that it was Tiger, DJ & Jason Day, and the other "feature" is Phil, Rickie & Jimmy Walker.
I haven't seen pairing/tee times on-line, yet.

Players play, tough players win!

51 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Just read that it was Tiger, DJ & Jason Day, and the other "feature" is Phil, Rickie & Jimmy Walker.
I haven't seen pairing/tee times on-line, yet.

Wow, that right there may be enough to push me onto pgatourlive.com!

- adam -

Routine: work, eat, golf, sleep, repeat

Clubs: (All Used TaylorMade) Burner Superfast Driver, JetSpeed 3&5 FW, Rescue Hybrid, Burner 2.0 Irons 5-AW, ATV Wedge 56*, White Ghost blade putter

On 1/23/2017 at 11:56 AM, No Mulligans said:

A lot of the changes are pretty subtle, except for the greens which are really great.  

Some changes for example: On the image is the 12th (use to be the 3rd), the google maps still show the old course.  That green-side bunker near the canyon is gone, and the green has been extended almost to the canyon edge and is now a multi-tiered green.  When I was there last Tuesday, the course was closed, the pin was tucked into the far back left edge of that bunker bringing a risk reward canyon situation into play.  From the green tees (use to be whites), you are near the edge of the canyon with about 160 yards when I played,  The back tees are 203 now.  That's an extra 40 yards compared to the old scorecard with much harder pin placements possible.

The next hole, the 13th, has an additional tee box near the 10th tee box, it's near where that triangle made by the cart paths are in the image (the cart paths aren't the same now). That took the back tee from the old scorecard at 429 to the new 459.

12th torrey.PNG

Yeah, google still has old overheads, but I just noticed that bluegolf.com has the new ones: https://course.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/course/course/torreypinesnorth/aerial.htm?hole=1&next=overview.htm%231#

(It still has the hole #'s labeled wrong and the scorecard is probably still the old one, but the pictures are up to date)  Here's the same hole as above:

Doc1.jpg

That distance looks a bit odd on that picture. It seems we were only about 10 yards back from that spot.  The card has 203 from the back.  I tried to come up with how they could do that... doesn't seem possible for the center of the green (maybe they were able to move the tee box back further?

Torrey North scorecard.PNG

torrey 12th.PNG

27 minutes ago, No Mulligans said:

That distance looks a bit odd on that picture. It seems we were only about 10 yards back from that spot.  The card has 203 from the back.  I tried to come up with how they could do that... doesn't seem possible for the center of the green (maybe they were able to move the tee box back further?

Torrey North scorecard.PNG

torrey 12th.PNG

The distance listed and the yellow line are unrelated.  The yellow line is just the general route of the hole.  The distance is the distance as listed from the blue tees on the old scorecard on their website.

To get 203 from the center of the green, you end up in the shadow of the second tree, so presumably that's where the back tee ended up.  The 174 tee is in the shadow of the first tree.

For the record, that yellow line is 155 yards long.  If you go to that website, and specifically, the course tour part that I linked, its much easier to navigate around and get yardages than using google maps these days.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, No Mulligans said:

We've had 4 storms roll through back to back to back to back.  My office is about 2 miles (as the crow flies) from Torrey, here is the a shot just now from my office... the last storm is moving out of the area now.

20170124_112023.jpg

Yes, the monsoon season letting up just in time.  I'm just a little farther away and might drop by on Saturday to watch. 

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

On 1/23/2017 at 3:06 PM, colin007 said:

Anyone know what Tiger's using for clubs this week?

Here is your answer...

http://www.golf.com/equipment/2017/01/25/tiger-woods-announces-equipment-deal-taylormade

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

12 minutes ago, Yukari said:

muchos garcias.

Farmers Insurance Open Thursday Tee Times

South Course, No. 1 Tee

9:00 AM -- Marc Leishman, Stuart Appleby, Adam Hadwin

9:10 AM -- Geoff Ogilvy, Harris English, Ryo Ishikawa

9:20 AM -- Brendan Steele, Jhonattan Vegas, Troy Merritt

9:30 AM -- Si Woo Kim, Aaron Baddeley, Steven Bowditch

9:40 AM -- John Huh, Jamie Lovemark, Michael Kim

9:50 AM -- Kelly Kraft, Rick Lamb, Brandon Stone

10:00 AM -- Steven Alker, Richy Werenski, Chris Gilley

10:10 AM -- Scott Stallings, Martin Flores, Brett Stegmaier

10:20 AM -- Kevin Chappell, Jason Kokrak, Andrew Loupe

10:30 AM -- Hideki Matsuyama, Daniel Berger, Emiliano Grillo

10:40 AM -- Dustin Johnson, Jason Day, Tiger Woods :banana:

10:50 AM -- Michael Thompson, Morgan Hoffmann, Jon Curran

11:00 AM -- Ryan Armour, Ollie Schniederjans, GA Open Qualifier #1

South Course, No. 10 Tee

9:00 AM -- Seung-Yul Noh, D.A. Points Pekin, Francesco Molinari

9:10 AM -- Cameron Tringale, Harold Varner III, Jon Rahm

9:20 AM -- James Hahn, Peter Malnati, Alex Cejka

9:30 AM -- Charley Hoffman, Padraig Harrington, Rory Sabbatini

9:40 AM -- Johnson Wagner, Graham DeLaet Weyburn, Cameron Percy

9:50 AM -- Jonathan Randolph, Cheng Tsung Pan, Henrik Norlander

10:00 AM -- Brad Fritsch, Julian Etulain, J.T. Poston

10:10 AM -- Lucas Glover, Tag Ridings, Kyle Reifers

10:20 AM -- Scott Brown, Chad Collins, Andres Gonzales

10:30 AM -- Billy Horschel, Hunter Mahan, Retief Goosen

10:40 AM -- Tony Finau, Danny Lee, J.B. Holmes

10:50 AM -- Brian Harman, Kyle Stanley, Tyrone Van Aswegen

11:00 AM -- Bryson DeChambeau, Bobby Wyatt, Open Qualifier #2

North Course, No. 1 Tee

9:00 AM -- Kevin Streelman, Jonas Blixt Hammaro, Willy Wilcox

9:10 AM -- Martin Laird, Spencer Levin, John Peterson

9:20 AM -- Shane Lowry, Nick Taylor, Paul Casey

9:30 AM -- Greg Chalmers, Keegan Bradley, Stewart Cink

9:40 AM -- Boo Weekley, Bud Cauley, Luke List

9:50 AM -- Brandon Hagy, Grayson Murray, Dominic Bozzelli

10:00 AM -- Whee Kim, Andrew Johnston, Brian Campbell

10:10 AM -- Camilo Villegas, Ben Crane, Patrick Rodgers

10:20 AM -- John Senden, Derek Fathauer, Soren Kjeldsen

10:30 AM -- Smylie Kaufman, Robert Streb, K.J. Choi

10:40 AM -- Mackenzie Hughes, Rod Pampling, Billy Hurley III

10:50 AM -- Miguel Angel Carballo, Sebastian Munoz, Beau Hossler

11:00 AM -- Trey Mullinax, Zack Sucher, Open Qualifier #3

North Course, No. 10 Tee

9:00 AM -- Louis Oosthuizen, Zac Blair, Blayne Barber

9:10 AM -- Gary Woodland, Roberto Castro, Byeong Hun An

9:20 AM -- Bryce Molder, Will MacKenzie, Gonzalo Fdez-Castano

9:30 AM -- Brandt Snedeker, Justin Rose, Brooks Koepka

9:40 AM -- Jimmy Walker, Rickie Fowler, Phil Mickelson

9:50 AM -- Ryan Blaum, Seamus Power, J.J. Spaun

10:00 AM -- Wesley Bryan, Xander Schauffele, Aaron Wise

10:10 AM -- Chad Campbell, Steve Marino, Sung Kang

10:20 AM -- Robert Garrigus, Tim Wilkinson, Patton Kizzire

10:30 AM -- Hudson Swafford, Pat Perez, Charles Howell III

10:40 AM -- Brian Stuard, J.J. Henry, Nick Watney

10:50 AM -- Cameron Smith, Kevin Tway, Ryan Brehm

11:00 AM -- Nicholas Lindheim, Brett Drewitt, Open Qualifier #4

Colin P.

Wooooooooooooooooooo

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• Administrator
On 1/24/2017 at 11:59 AM, iacas said:

Combine that and this:

There you go.

Yeah, he lied.

He had Nike irons in the bag at the HERO.

Or is he still using the same set (except the 3W) while he's transitioning over? I wonder when he'll have TaylorMade irons or wedges in the bag.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

22 minutes ago, iacas said:

Yeah, he lied.

He had Nike irons in the bag at the HERO.

Or is he still using the same set (except the 3W) while he's transitioning over? I wonder when he'll have TaylorMade irons or wedges in the bag.

I played TaylorMade M2 Irons at their Golf Experience Center in Vegas (small 3-par course + range). I have to say while they were really game improvements, I felt like I had so much control with them.

Edited by zero
  • Upvote 1

- adam -

Routine: work, eat, golf, sleep, repeat

Clubs: (All Used TaylorMade) Burner Superfast Driver, JetSpeed 3&5 FW, Rescue Hybrid, Burner 2.0 Irons 5-AW, ATV Wedge 56*, White Ghost blade putter

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, zero said:

Thank you.

I don't know why but I feel like they were implying he was fully on board right now (I don't expect the Scotty will ever leave the bag again, though).

There used to be a South is harder than North scoring variation when playing Torrey, is that still the case after they have remodeled the courses?

Or should I just stick to a morning v. afternoon v. weather guess when picking my fantasy lineups?

Players play, tough players win!

Note: This thread is 2649 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!