IGNORED

2017 Farmers Insurance Open Discussion Thread

colin007
Note: This thread is 2648 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Tiger misses cut but he not on his own, Day,DJ,Walker,Fowler,:~( can pick up a rod for weekend, they tell me the fishing is great on west coast. a fish day 037.jpg

Titleist 915 D2-10.5°, Titleist 915 F 15°, PING G25 16.5°, PING G30 Hybrid 19°
PING G25 4-W, Cleveland RTX 588 Rotex 2.0 48°/52°
Rife Bimini Island Series Putter, PING DLX Bag
Sureshot Rangefinder, PING Sensor Glove, Srixon Q star Balls.

4 hours ago, iacas said:

He could have chosen an easier golf course, like the one at the HERO tournament. But Tiger's always played better (when he's healthy and playing well) comparatively on tougher golf courses, so… that also made it a poor choice for his return to PGA Tour golf.

The breathtaking views at Torrey Pines South are just perfect for distracting you from that brute of a golf course. Narrow fairways, thick rough, extremely long, and bunkers positioned right at your driver's landing area on basically every hole. I loved the course, but it is a monster. I really wanted to hit 3 wood to lay back of the bunkers, but that would leave you about 190 out on a lot of holes. Plus, the fairways feel like they're less than 20 yards wide the whole course.

Point being, it's a terrible course to play when you're wild off the tee. I know Tiger loves this course, but I'm not surprised at all that he didn't make the cut. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

:offtopic:Not golf related, but this happened at the tournament, not sure what it's about, probably just a drunk guy?

• Upvote 4

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

At the cut I thought, "Well, there go the ratings."

Custom fit RBZ irons. Taylormade RBZ driver. Some crappy old high-bounce Macgregor wedge and an even older Mizuno 5 wood. Haven't settled on a ball yet - still looking. Decades of football, weightlifting and boxing came together to create the world's worst golfer. I'm slowly correcting that now. 

I feel so conflicted...part of me likes the fact that Ollie Schneiderpajamas doesn't wear a hat, and the other part of me thinks he's a wanker for the very same reason....

• Upvote 1

Colin P.

So apparently this Ollie mophead guy has a really low ballflight, so I checked. Rightmost column is lowest apex. 4 and a half feet? WTF? A poor shot blade or on purpose?

Screen Shot 2017-01-28 at 5.00.24 PM.png

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

So apparently this Ollie mophead guy has a really low ballflight, so I checked. Rightmost column is lowest apex. 4 and a half feet? WTF? A poor shot blade or on purpose?

Screen Shot 2017-01-28 at 5.00.24 PM.png

I don't know. Perhaps more likely an aberration/error?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

It's fair to say there are a lot of fresh faces at the top of the leaderboard today. (I've been watching on TV for the last 45 minutes or so, and I haven't even seen Justin Rose.)

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

4 hours ago, colin007 said:

I feel so conflicted...part of me likes the fact that Ollie Schneiderpajamas doesn't wear a hat, and the other part of me thinks he's a wanker for the very same reason....

I agree.  The whole "Ooh, look at me and all my hair, I don't have to wear a hat to protect my bald head from sunburn and skin cancer, neener neener."  Yeah, eff those guys!

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

I agree.  The whole "Ooh, look at me and all my hair, I don't have to wear a hat to protect my bald head from sunburn and skin cancer, neener neener."  Yeah, eff those guys!

"Oooh, look at the whimsical and careless way my hair flows in the breeze!! Pass me my Pantene ProV1x, wench!"

• Upvote 2

Colin P.

17 hours ago, colin007 said:

I think he will regret in when he starts to either get a skin cancer scare or loss of hair.

• Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

The local SD news has been reporting more on tiger not making the cut than the leaders. It's kind of sad. He hasn't started or even contended in quite some time, get over it. I don't hate on the guy but.......there are a lot of great players to cover out there that have been contending for years

Just now, chilepepper said:

The local SD news has been reporting more on tiger not making the cut than the leaders. It's kind of sad. He hasn't started or even contended in quite some time, get over it. I don't hate on the guy but.......there are a lot of great players to cover out there that have been contending for years

Local media have the attention span of a 3rd grader when I comes to news.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

5 hours ago, chilepepper said:

They also know their audience.  Consider that this thread has over 120 posts through three days and before this tournament even started, it already had dozens of posts.  By contrast, last weeks tournament totaled (TOTALED!!) by Monday following the tournaments conclusion .... 5 posts.  Five.

What do you think is the main reason? ;)

20 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

They also know their audience.  Consider that this thread has over 120 posts through three days and before this tournament even started, it already had dozens of posts.  By contrast, last weeks tournament totaled (TOTALED!!) by Monday following the tournaments conclusion .... 5 posts.  Five.

What do you think is the main reason? ;)

The OP loves Tiger?
There are big names playing this week, in addition to Tiger?
This week isn't playing conference championship weekend?

Ahhh - Tiger is the straw that stirs the drink (but then will the tour fold if he stops playing.....nope it didn't when he missed over a year)

Players play, tough players win!

2 tied for the lead, and 14 within 2 strokes of the lead - with the leaders on #8

Let today be that 5+ man playoff, because I think it would be awesome. Then again someone will likely go low on the back 9 and win it outright, like most weeks.

Players play, tough players win!

Fun stuff!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Note: This thread is 2648 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!