IGNORED

2017 Masters Tournament

iacas
Note: This thread is 2525 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

5 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

Try being up here in the cold and rain (thank goodness it is rain this time).

OT: No thanks. Have lived in Lowell near Nashua Valley for 3 years back in the day.. :-). I had only heard of this 'golf' thing back then, so not bad as it would be now since I pretty much play through Virginia winters to keep myself from gnawing my skin off. Sorry, not rubbing it in.

Ok, back to topic..

Vishal S.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Back on the range now.  Looks pretty good, but....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

1 hour ago, ChrisP said:

Looking at these scores...wow. Isn't the wind blowing? Thought we'd see Even par winning.

The vegas prop on winning score over under is double digits. Winning score will be under par. This course will give up red numbers on holes. It isnt unplayable even whwn windy. Reminds me of Merion US open a couple years ago and people were claiming an over par score would win. 

Trollin' is the life

I think the guys teeing off now are gonna get the worst of it as the wind is projected to be at its worst from noon today til around 2 tomorrow. Supposed to start dying down some towards the end of tomorrow. So guys like Rory, Rahm and DJ are gonna be tested to the max. 

DJ looks fine hitting drivers. Seems like he'll play and give it a shot.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

loving the mobile app this year, esp. the leaderboard player details shot by shot.

My pimento cheese and egg salad is in the fridge, ready for a great golf geek weekend.

• Upvote 1

Ping G2 Driver; Titleist 906F2 5W; TM Rescue Mid 3H; Adams Idea Pro 4H; Titleist DTR 3-SW; Callaway Bobby Jones Putter; Ping Hoofer lite

8 minutes ago, mvmac said:

DJ looks fine hitting drivers. Seems like he'll play and give it a shot.

Not so sure. He's winced a quite a bit after his last few shots. I think he's gonna WD, but I hope not.

15 minutes to his tee time and DJ hasn't hit a putt yet...

Ok.  Says he's gonna give it a shot!

In David's bag....

Watching the Masters today on their live feed, and I'm curious and not being facetious with this; but where are all the 325 Yard+ drives that they always talk about with the Tour Pros?  The Masters provides "Carry Distance" on many of the shots and I'm seeing mostly 270 yard drives.  Does that mean that announcers fabricate yardage on most golf coverage or is it because they can't blast away at Augusta because of the difficulty of the course.  Perhaps those in the know could help me with this.  Thanks.

Everything in Moderation, Keep it Simple, Less is Best

Ping G10 clubs:   D-9*, 3W-15.5*, H-18*, Irons-4 thru PW, W-50/ 54/ 58*, P- Redwood Zing 

Ball-Pro V1

5 minutes ago, Ron said:

Watching the Masters today on their live feed, and I'm curious and not being facetious with this; but where are all the 325 Yard+ drives that they always talk about with the Tour Pros?  The Masters provides "Carry Distance" on many of the shots and I'm seeing mostly 270 yard drives.  Does that mean that announcers fabricate yardage on most golf coverage or is it because they can't blast away at Augusta because of the difficulty of the course.  Perhaps those in the know could help me with this.  Thanks.

Today isn't a good example of typical Tour driving distance. The ball doesn't travel in the air as far in chilly conditions, and drives aren't going to get much rollout on fairways softened by two days of heavy rains this week.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

10 minutes ago, Ron said:

Watching the Masters today on their live feed, and I'm curious and not being facetious with this; but where are all the 325 Yard+ drives that they always talk about with the Tour Pros?  The Masters provides "Carry Distance" on many of the shots and I'm seeing mostly 270 yard drives.

Look at the yardages on the Shot Tracker on: masters.com http://www.masters.com/en_US/scores/track/index.html

Plenty of 325+ drives (check holes 7, 9 in particular for big tee shots)

Edited by fr0sty

Just confirmed.  DJ withdraws on the first tee...

In David's bag....

OK thanks.  I was wondering about that.

Ping G10 clubs:   D-9*, 3W-15.5*, H-18*, Irons-4 thru PW, W-50/ 54/ 58*, P- Redwood Zing 

Ball-Pro V1

6 minutes ago, fr0sty said:

Look at the yardages on the Shot Tracker on: masters.com http://www.masters.com/en_US/scores/track/index.html

Plenty of 325+ drives (check holes 7, 9 in particular for big tee shots)

Thanks frOsty!

Ball-Pro V1

8 minutes ago, fr0sty said:

Plenty of 325+ drives (check holes 7, 10 in particular for big tee shots)

Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 2.12.15 PM.png

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

2 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 2.12.15 PM.png

*wind-assisted

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Note: This thread is 2525 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!