IGNORED

2017 Masters Tournament

iacas
Note: This thread is 2506 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hmmm.  I wonder which social media he is referring to....  If that was true, you would think the media would have been all over the news.

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/tiger-augusta-chamblee-wouldnt-be-surprised

And so, during a teleconference Tuesday morning previewing the Masters, Golf Channel analysts Brandel Chamblee and Colin Montgomerie were asked the following question: I think it’s an easy question, but do either of you see any chance that Tiger plays?

“I do. I do,” Chamblee answered. “If you can believe anything that you read on social media – I know that his coach has been down there, and they’ve been hitting a lot of golf balls down in Palm Beach. The way I understand it, he’s been practicing quite diligently. So it wouldn’t surprise me if Tiger showed up at Augusta National.”

Edited by Yukari

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 4:53 PM, Quadhole said:

Does anyone know if all invites to the Tournament get to practice early, IF THEY WISH ? In other words, could Thomas, and Speith be there this week playing it several times. Curious if there are rules involved...

Spieth is a past champion so he can go there and play whenever he likes.

For non past champions in the field, I know they can go there and play a round in the weeks/months leading up to the event. I'm not sure if Augusta actually quantifies how much they can or can't play or if it's more of an unwritten courtesy and they expect you to use to privilege sparingly. I'm guessing they quantify it.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

The good news is anyone who wins next week is going to be better than that pasty punk who won last year. Guys like him will make ANGC rethink their lifetime invite policy.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, skydog said:

The good news is anyone who wins next week is going to be better than that pasty punk who won last year. Guys like him will make ANGC rethink their lifetime invite policy.

Dude, and there I was enjoying having a fellow Duane fan on the board (he gave Clapton a guitar lesson on Derek and the Dominoes)...but that's incredibly off-topic. But then you went and said something mean about Danny W.

Willett won fair and square. He's basically another Ian Woosnam - a Brit who won the Masters and sod all else. I hope to see him posting scores of 91 two decades from now, with a big smile on his face. Maybe I won't have to wait two decades.

On a wholly separate topic...

One can CTRL + F search across this story: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/mar/29/jordan-spieth-dustin-johnson-masters-houston-open for "Rory" or "McIlroy" and return precisely zero results. It's as though his colleagues have already identified his albatross... he's not even in the conversation for the Masters in news stories driven by his immediate peers.

Edited by ScouseJohnny

6 minutes ago, ScouseJohnny said:

Dude, and there I was enjoying having a fellow Duane fan on the board (he gave Clapton a guitar lesson on Derek and the Dominoes)...but that's very off-topic. But then you said something mean about Danny W.

Willett won fair and square. He's basically another Ian Woosnam - a Brit who won the Masters and sod all else. I hope to see him posting scores of 91 two decades from now, with a big smile on his face. Maybe I won't have to wait two decades.

Yes it was fair. But the sentiment is that DW didn't do anything amazing to win. He was in the right place at the right time. He played great golf. But he didn't do anything unusually well, Jordan did something unusually bad.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

13 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Yes it was fair. But the sentiment is that DW didn't do anything amazing to win. He was in the right place at the right time. He played great golf. But he didn't do anything unusually well, Jordan did something unusually bad.

He was in the right place at the right time. He played great golf. But he didn't do anything unusually well, Jordan did something unusually bad.

Unpredictability: something that makes sports so much fun to watch.

2 hours ago, ScouseJohnny said:

Dude, and there I was enjoying having a fellow Duane fan on the board (he gave Clapton a guitar lesson on Derek and the Dominoes)...but that's incredibly off-topic. But then you went and said something mean about Danny W.

We can all hope for that :-D

No doubt he won fair and square. That doesn't mean I have to like him though :-P

I can't bet on DJ. 

Dont care for Willet much he was in the right place at the right time.

Couples time is done...I will root for Spieth.

Just have to see what develops this year.

1 hour ago, ScouseJohnny said:

He was in the right place at the right time. He played great golf. But he didn't do anything unusually well, Jordan did something unusually bad.

Unpredictability: something that makes sports so much fun to watch.

Absolutely. I'm thinking Rahm finishes top 10. I do hope it's a tight run on Sunday..it usually is. Willet won't make top 20.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

21 minutes ago, Jack Watson said:

I doubt Rahm whatever his name is has what it takes.

That's Dechambeau. Rahm is ranked 14 after playing only 15 tournaments. I think he's the real deal. B. Dechambeau is a flop.

http://www.pgatour.com/stats/stat.02674.html

I'm not sure Rory can get hot enough putting to win. If his long game is at his A game, he might not have to. 

Dustin just seems to be the most consistent golfer right now. Augusta does seem to fit those who hit the ball longer than those with average or shorter than average driving distance on tour. 

I'll probably root for Rickie to win the Masters. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

(edited)
10 hours ago, Jack Watson said:

I doubt Rahm whatever his name is has what it takes.

Have you been keeping up with his career? Did you watch last week's WGC where he was 5 down to the World's #1 and came back to lose by only 1 (in the Finals by the way)? If that's not character, not sure what is. While like him in the Top 5, and he may not win, your logic of questioning "if he has what it takes" under pressure is flawed....he did better than  Spieth in both of those events. 

9 hours ago, Vinsk said:

That's Dechambeau. Rahm is ranked 14 after playing only 15 tournaments. I think he's the real deal. B. Dechambeau is a flop.

Totally agreed

Edited by woodzie264

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

20 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Even as a Brit I'm not his biggest fan, but that's a little unfair. He played some sensational golf that day (his birdie on 16 stands out) that was overshadowed by that Spieth moment. 

20 hours ago, Vinsk said:

B. Dechambeau is a flop.

23 years old....status on the PGA Tour....$320k+ earned in 2017 year...104th on money list......

I'm no Dechambeau apologist, but damn this is a tough crowd

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

Note: This thread is 2506 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!