IGNORED

Arms players

kingfrenzo
Note: This thread is 2538 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I recently found that I'm built for an arms swing. (Can't coordinate all the mechanics a body swing requires) There isn't much out there for arm swingers so I made a f.b. group. It's called Arm Swing Golfers. If you're an arm swing golfer feel free to join.

I have never seen someone swing without using their arms, so I'm not sure what you mean. 

Edited by Ernest Jones
  • Upvote 2

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

49 minutes ago, Ernest Jones said:

I have never seen someone swing without using their arms, so I'm not sure what you mean. 

Nor have I ever seen anyone swing using only their arms, without any other part of the body engaged at all.

@kingfrenzo, I think we'd all like to see you post a "my swing" video.  

Edited by David in FL

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

you focus on your arms and club. your body will do what needs to automatically. use hands to swing the clubhead back and use arms to swing the club through. the momentum of this action causes the body to react automatically.

Many years ago I had a buddy who was an arm swinger. Very little lower body involvement in the swing. Of course, he was 6'4" and 220, and could, at the time, hit a little persimmon 3 wood out there 280! He couldn't hit a Driver to save his life though.

Just to be clear it's not that the body doesn't move. One has to let it be responsive to the motion of the swing instead creating the motion with it. The hands and arms produce the swing and the body (if a person lets it) responds. It looks like any other swing. Earnest jones, Manuel de la Torre, and a few others have operated with the same concept.

I do the EJ way.  Hands and clubhead are the focus.  It's been great for me.

I used to focus on my body parts with swing thoughts.  It's been so great to get off that never ending cycle of diff changes.

i still have a little ee but I'm not worried about it.  

That's a point, JW. I find I hit the ball much better if I just stay loose and concentrate on making a full shoulder turn. Everything else seems to fall into place if I do that.

Sometimes my body gets too active and it causes me to shut the club face, resulting in a either a hook, pull, or both. So I often will make an adjustment to consciously swing more 'arms first' and allow my body to catch up. This often works, until I go too far, and I end up looking like some dipshit flesh-colored pogo stick with streamers taped to the top in high wind. Then I have to adjust back to involving the body.

The moral of the story is that I suck at golf.

"Witty golf quote."

Was at the driving range today and noticed I felt more of an "arm swing" when the ball was above my feet on an upslope I felt pressure points in my fingers that I activated 

Whereas when I tried to hit balls from a ball below my feet I had more of a body centre swing and my hands felt like holding the club passively and whatever pressure happen , happens at Impact without any prejudices 

The biggest issue here is the very thing that I am trying to eliminate in my swing..   lack of shoulder turn and too much bend in your left elbow on the back swing,.   That stuff creates all kinds of messes.   try to avoid at all costs.  

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

(edited)

It seems to me that it would be very inconsistent. I can't say that I have ever thought "arms only" though. If I just used that as a swing thought, I think the rest of my body would get very lazy and I would have no consistent shot pattern or distance at all. I would like to see a swing video as well. I'm sure it's just a "feel" thing as the body has to have some involvement like stated above.

Edited by TN94z

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Note: This thread is 2538 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!