IGNORED

Win a New Cart from Sun Mountain!

Note: This thread is 1438 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just want to report that I received my Speed Cart GT directly from Sun Mountain very shortly after winning.  I've walked several rounds with it and it's indeed a significant upgrade over my older Sp

I have two Sun Mountain push carts, the Micro and The Reflex, which I reviewed for The Sand Trap.  Both are great carts. My wife uses the Reflex because she likes the looks better.  My friends liked t

Oh, wow, thanks Erik, the Sand Trap, and Sun Mountain for the amazing contest.  I'm already a huge fan of Sun Mountain having owned 3 Sun Mountain stand bags and the original Speed Cart in my 20+ year

Posted Images

Another screenshot for my FB post. Not sure why it's giving me so many issues.

59469d1eeafaf_ScreenShot2017-06-18at10_32_03AM.png.a838e8f3465385cfa813007cb15de7b5.png

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 6/3/2017 at 3:43 AM, boogielicious said:

The Speed cart rolls better over rough terrain than the Micro.  But the Micro folds smaller and will fit better in your trunk if space is an issue. Keep this in mind when choosing.  And good luck!

Which one keeps the bag secure better?  My current cart (not Sun Mountain brand) has an issue where my bag seems to roll 90 degrees to one side or the other during the round.  It's annoying and I have to stop and reset it.  

(I'm aware this post is not an entry;  I will post my entry before too long)

Both of these look awesome by the way. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Shindig said:

Which one keeps the bag secure better?  My current cart (not Sun Mountain brand) has an issue where my bag seems to roll 90 degrees to one side or the other during the round.  It's annoying and I have to stop and reset it.  

(I'm aware this post is not an entry;  I will post my entry before too long)

Both of these look awesome by the way. 

I think both have a bottom that pairs up with some Sun Mountain bags to hold them securely.

I can't say which holds the bag straighter. Can anyone shed some light on this?

2 hours ago, iacas said:

I think both have a bottom that pairs up with some Sun Mountain bags to hold them securely.

I can't say which holds the bag straighter. Can anyone shed some light on this?

I've only played one round with the review unit of the Speed Cart GT I got, but my bag didn't budge an inch. It used to move all over the place with my old cart. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, jamo said:

I've only played one round with the review unit of the Speed Cart GT I got, but my bag didn't budge an inch. It used to move all over the place with my old cart. 

Thank you!  That sort of information helps me very much.

I'm hoping to win a Gunmetal and Red Speed Cart GT from @SunMountainGolf and @the_sand_trap:

https://shop.sunmountain.com/Speed-Cart-GT-20119-detail.html

It looks just like this one:
https://shop.sunmountain.com/images/stories/virtuemart/product/resized/speed_cart_gt_gunmetal_red_450x350.jpg

I currently use a Bag Boy Express 120 cart.  It's fine and gets the job done, but there are things I'd like that the Sun Mountain Speed Cart GT improves on.  With my current cart, I spend some effort keeping it balanced as I move about my course.  There's only so much attention I can pay to things during a round of golf, and having one less thing to pay attention to will allow me to focus on the things that matter, like my approach shots.  I understand that the Speed Cart has better balance and would obviate this somewhat. 

You know what annoys me about my current cart?  My bag moves on it.  I try to secure it, but sure enough, it's going to rock side to side during the round.  Eventually it's at 90 degrees, great weather to play in but not great for the bag to be.  I understand this is less of an issue with the Sun Mountain Speed Cart.

And while we're at it, I look forward to customizing this cart.  I drink plenty of water during a round, and when walking, it's vital to have a way to carry it.  Carrying water was why I got a cart in the first place -- carrying with 64+ ounces of water on one's back wasn't a great plan for an underweight kid.   The oversized cup holder accessory will hold an insulated cup and I can either get a cooler pouch to keep my other bottles insulated or wrap my current pouch around the cart.  Tack on a seat and I have even less to worry about during the six hour rounds I have gotten used to in L.A. City courses.  And with the handy mesh basket accessory, I don't have to worry about where my head covers go (I lost one during a round recently). 

• iacas unpinned this topic
Note: This thread is 1438 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!