IGNORED

Cut Golf Company Golf balls

Note: This thread is 1572 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I hope nobody else has made a topic on these yet.  For about a 2 months now I've been playing a 4 piece urethane cover ball that sells for $19.95 a dozen.  This ball is sold by Cut Golf Company and is known as their Blue model.

This month has basically confirmed what they advertise on their website (Cut Golf), and that is a high performance golf ball for cheap.

I've found them to be just as spinny around the greens as any other premium ball I've tried and perform similarly to any other urethane cover ball I've played with this year.

The company offers 3 different golf balls at the moment along with a trial of an upcoming 4th model.  The Cut Blue (4 piece urethane), Cut White (3 piece surlyn), Cut Red (2 piece surlyn), and the Cut  Grey (lower compression 3 piece urethane - in trial stages).  Their prices range from $20 a dozen for the Blues to $10 a doze for the Reds.

I've only played the Blues, but I'd say they are a great option for someone who wants to play a "premium" ball, but doesn't want to break the bank.

Driver - Cleveland CG Black 265
Fairway Wood - Adams Tight Lies 16 Degrees
Hybrids - 18 and 20 Degrees Adams Pro
Irons - 4-PW Adams XTD
Wedges - 52 and 56 degree Cleavland CG16

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I attached trackman data on their 4 piece ball (Cut Blue).

cutgolf 4 piece trackman.jpg

Irons - 4-PW Adams XTD

• Administrator

Those are some pretty incomparable numbers, really.

Look at the launch angle alone on the Proto and the Pro V1x. 6.3 to 5.1° can have a pretty big difference. Almost 2 MPH in clubhead speed, over 2 MPH difference on ball speed…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

6 minutes ago, iacas said:

Those are some pretty incomparable numbers, really.

Look at the launch angle alone on the Proto and the Pro V1x. 6.3 to 5.1° can have a pretty big difference. Almost 2 MPH in clubhead speed, over 2 MPH difference on ball speed…

I noticed, but that was the only set of numbers they have on their site.  The only information I have on their testing is that it was done by a low single digit handicap golfer (no specifics).

I am counting down the days till our local simulator opens back up (the club only opens it in the winter) so I can try a few of these small companies balls and see how they really compare to the big boys for my swing (I'll probably just realize how inconsistent I am)

Edited by baller7345

Irons - 4-PW Adams XTD

• 5 months later...
  • Administrator

They don't work if you want to hit a draw.

In other words… I've heard very little about them. Worth a shot, but… even the cheapest bulk balls you can get from Korea, China, etc. are a bit more than that.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I honestly thought that this thread was going to be pictures of golf balls cut in half when I read the topic title.

I've never heard of them until now. My concern is if they're operating on really slim margins, where are they saving on cost? Quality control might be an issue.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, billchao said:

I honestly thought that this thread was going to be pictures of golf balls cut in half when I read the topic title.

That's over here:

:-)

3 hours ago, iacas said:

In other words… I've heard very little about them. Worth a shot, but… even the cheapest bulk balls you can get from Korea, China, etc. are a bit more than that.

Looks like one of us is gong to have to be the guinea pig lol

Colin P.

15 hours ago, iacas said:

Q8gLV.gif

Tell you what @iacas, it's a good job you're a top notch instructor ;-)

• Like 1

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

• Administrator
5 hours ago, RussUK said:

Tell you what @iacas, it's a good job you're a top notch instructor ;-)

:-D

• 5 weeks later...

Buddy of mine bought some, gave me a sleeve.  Didn’t like them.

Edited by jsgolfer

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

• 1 month later...

I was looking at Golf Digest's spin chart and found a lone teal dot in the premium (red) dot grouping. This is the Cut Golf Ball.

I was wondering if anyone else has heard of them?

https://www.cutgolfco.com/

They are offering a 4-piece and 3-piece Urethane golf ball for $20 dollars. If this ball is good, they might supplant Snell as the best deal out there :-O

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

For $20 dollars I'd give them a good work out. They would have to be pretty darn good to get me to change from my current game ball.

I'm not sure a 4 piece ball would help my game as it is. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

• 4 weeks later...

I was listening to the Golf Unfiltered Podcast and the guy talked about over priced golf balls from the OEMs, and suggested to try out Cut golf balls.  I got a sample pack with one sleeve of all four varieties plus a trial pack of the Snell MTB black and reds.  I will be putting these through the test on the course once they come in next week.

Just from hearing everyone talk about Snell and being priced at about $30/dozen I think I will be sticking with one of these offerings going forward for my game and my wallet will be happier for it too!

• 2 weeks later...

I was checking out the driver numbers that @baller7345 posted from Cut's website, and I saw some things that looked odd, especially with the competitor's balls:

1637331907_cutgolf.thumb.jpg.1b7e1827da8a7da0dde48c3b71ab39ca.jpg

First of all, it's really hard to get a smash factor of 1.52 on a driver shot, much less average it for a series of shots. Then to do it on all 3 models?  I've never seen that before.  According to Trackman, the average for PGA Tour players is 1.48.

When I look at the Pro V-1X and Kirkland balls, most of the numbers are pretty close...clubhead speed, launch angle, spin rate, ball speed, smash factor, height, landing angle, face angle...so why is there a 15+ yds difference in carry and almost 13 yds difference in total distance?  The difference in side wouldn't create that.  Plus the clubhead speeds x smash factor don't = ball speeds in this chart for those 2 models.  Pretty confusing.

Bridgestone j40 445 w/ Graphite Design AD DJ-7
Callaway Steelhead Plus 3 wood w/ RCH Pro Series 3.2
Adams Idea Pro hybrids (3 & 4) w/ Aldila VS Proto 
Bridgestone j33 CB (5-PW) w/ original Rifle 5.5
Bridgestone West Coast 52*, j40 satin 56* & 60* w/ DG S-300
Odyssey White Hot XG #9
Bridgestone B330-RX

Note: This thread is 1572 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!