IGNORED

The President just shot 73 at

metaswinger
Note: This thread is 2349 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

5 minutes ago, metaswinger said:

Fake news :-P

Also in case anyone hasn't seen it

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just now, mvmac said:

How bad did he beat me? I did better in the presidential race than today on the golf course!

Great fun. Great host.

— Lindsey Graham (@LindseyGrahamSC) October 9, 2017

https://twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC/status/917497714111283201

Fake news :-P

:-D

However, his swing's not too bad, though. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

:-$

If that dude shot 73 on that course in those conditions then I'm Bobby Jones. I know an asst pro at Bedminster and its pretty well known Trump lies about his scores all the time. He told me a story about watching him dump three balls in the drink on the par 3 16th (i think) and gave himself a bogey. But I've also heard that he has legitimately broken 80 at Bedminster. So who knows.  

The tees they supposedly played from have a CR/Slope of 75.4/139. So Trump's handicap differential here would be -1.14 or -1.95 if he shot a 74/73.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

1 hour ago, Groucho Valentine said:

its pretty well known Trump lies about his scores all the time.  

I've heard that, too, but can't recall the source now.

1 minute ago, Seals said:

I thought politics were not allowed on this site anymore. 

As long as this thread is about golf, it's fine.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Just now, billchao said:

I'm guessing the source of Trump's golf cheating claims is from or affiliated with certain news agencies? :-D

5 minutes ago, billchao said:

Yeah, I guess this isn't really political thread, except that the recipient of our doubts are both Trump and Graham.

31 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

The tees they supposedly played from have a CR/Slope of 75.4/139. So Trump's handicap differential here would be -1.14 or -1.95 if he shot a 74/73.

What the heck were both of them doing on a 75.4/139 rated course anyway? Pace of play must have been a nightmare the day they played. :-D

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Yep, I'm sure he's honest as the day is long when on the golf course...:whistle:

Edited by Ernest Jones

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

31 minutes ago, Seals said:

It could have happened. He obviously is a solid stick. I thought politics were not allowed on this site anymore. 

Yeah, seems like it's possible.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

36 minutes ago, billchao said:

I vaguely recall some story told by Oscar De La Hoya (the old boxer) about Trump dropping balls in convenient spots. 

Wasn't there some big flap between him and Samuel L Jackson as well.

37 minutes ago, billchao said:

Seems like a tough ask, but here goes.  Hey look, here's a website solely about the president golfing:

http://www.trumpgolfcount.com/

1 hour ago, Groucho Valentine said:

If that dude shot 73 on that course in those conditions then I'm Bobby Jones. I know an asst pro at Bedminster and its pretty well known Trump lies about his scores all the time. He told me a story about watching him dump three balls in the drink on the par 3 16th (i think) and gave himself a bogey. But I've also heard that he has legitimately broken 80 at Bedminster. So who knows.  

22 minutes ago, Ernest Jones said:

Yep, I'm sure he's honest as the day is long when on the golf course...:whistle:

Let's see how truthful he is in everyday life:

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

If you don't want to click, I'll just say that he over 2/3 of the time.  But I agree with @Ernest Jones, I highly doubt that wouldn't carry over to his golf game.

8 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

Seems like a tough ask, but here goes.  Hey look, here's a website solely about the president golfing:

http://www.trumpgolfcount.com/

Let's see how truthful he is in everyday life:

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

If you don't want to click, I'll just say that he over 2/3 of the time.  But I agree with @Ernest Jones, I highly doubt that wouldn't carry over to his golf game.

And..... now its about politics...

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Many playing partners have said he takes a lot of the usual weekend hacker liberties-- breakfast balls, lie improvements, etc.

He's still a pretty good golfer, though. I think Ernie Els said he thought he would be a high single digit handicapper if he played legit.

Note: This thread is 2349 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!