IGNORED

Halloween Candy Power Ranking

nevets88
Note: This thread is 914 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I love Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup, Reese's pieces, not so much.

Quarters are too hard and silvery, :-O

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-ultimate-halloween-candy-power-ranking/?ex_cid=story-twitter

Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 3.00.28 PM.png

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 4 years later...

I wonder if this is still relevant?    We gave out Twix, Snickers and Milky Way.  Oddly enough, those are my wife's favorite candies!   She bought candy while I was out of town!   

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• Administrator
1 minute ago, dennyjones said:

I wonder if this is still relevant?    We gave out Twix, Snickers and Milky Way.  Oddly enough, those are my wife's favorite candies!   She bought candy while I was out of town!   

I dunno. This list puts candy corn much too high:

image.png

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

15 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

Basic chocolate that you can do anything with.

Don’t get @Double Mocha Man going…

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

My Top 3:

#1. Reese's Peanut Butter Cup 

#2. Butterfinger

#3. Snickers

:drool:

:tmade: Stealth HD Driver :tmade: M4 3w :tmade: Stealth+ Rescue Hybrid 2

:tmade: P790 2i UDI :tmade: P790 3i-PW :tmade: MG3 52° AW ...56° CUTTER Wedge

...and a lefty L.A.B. B2 putter. :-)

Why the Halloween in the title.  Does candy have a different ranking at other times of the year 🤷‍♀️

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

28 minutes ago, pganapathy said:

Why the Halloween in the title.  Does candy have a different ranking at other times of the year 🤷‍♀️

Marketing. :-)

:tmade: Stealth HD Driver :tmade: M4 3w :tmade: Stealth+ Rescue Hybrid 2

:tmade: P790 2i UDI :tmade: P790 3i-PW :tmade: MG3 52° AW ...56° CUTTER Wedge

...and a lefty L.A.B. B2 putter. :-)

For me, the mini Reese's are the best of the Reese's options. 

Twix & Butterfinger are not top-10

Candy Corn should be dead last. YUCK!!!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

3 hours ago, HankBlue said:

My Top 3:

#2. Butterfinger

#3. Snickers

I love Butterfinger but damn….mouth is like you’ve bitten into a candle😮

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

3 hours ago, HankBlue said:

My Top 3:

#2. Butterfinger

#3. Snickers

Those are the exact three I buy every year, just in case there are any left over.  Then I hate myself for eating candy.  Although there's good nutrition in the peanut butter cups.

Edited by Double Mocha Man

Butterfingers were my favorite but when they changed the recipe, it fell down the list.    My preference is Reese Cups, 3 Musketeers and Snickers.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• Administrator
28 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

but when they changed the recipe

Yeah what's the deal here? About to do some Internet sleuthing.

lKUUKeDWcZhrnmM-1600x900-noPad.jpg?15721

January 2018, a date which lives in infamy within the hearts of candy lovers all around the world. What is so special about this date you might ask, well it is the date that saw the candy making giant Nestle being...

The brand cut out some of the old ingredients, including TBHQ and hyrdogenated oils. Butterfinger notes that the improvements to the recipe come as a result of research on consumers' taste and texture preferences. "We want to wow fans and excite anyone who's been intrigued by Butterfinger's one-of-a-kind taste and texture," a press release says. "Based on early trials of the new product, the reactions have been overwhelmingly positive."

5d4341f0100a240df41bd8e4?width=1200&form

Furious fans are complaining that the revamped version of the candy bar is disgusting, after Butterfinger rolled out a new recipe earlier this year.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I would need to categorize my list based upon type. Chocolate/nut (e.g., Reese’s) list and then a fruity/sugar list (e.g., skittles). 

15 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

and then a fruity/sugar list

NO fruity sugar.  Chocolate is king!

One of us is overseas trying to solve climate change.  The rest of us are debating candy.  Only joking 'cause I'm among the latter.

"Candy change" is real...

Edited by Double Mocha Man

Note: This thread is 914 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!