IGNORED

First time on the course

Maric771
Note: This thread is 2265 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Congrats on the birdie!

Nobody would sneer at a course that got you out to play for the first time. Glad you found a group of like-minded gals.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Congratulations on getting out to play AND the birdie!

Good for you!  :beer:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

1 hour ago, Maric771 said:

It was a par 3 course that I'm sure many of you would sneer at, but for a first round it was great.

Would love to have a good Par 3 course close by...Plays fast and give all the thrills! Congrats on the birdie! Best. -Marv

DRIVER: Cleveland 588 Altitude ( Matrix Radix Sv Graphite, A) IRONS: Mizuno JPX-800 HD Irons & 3,4,5 JPX Fli-Hi (Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue Graphite, R); WEDGES: (Carried as needed) Artisan Golf 46, 50, 53, 56 low bounce, 56 high bounce; PUTTER: Mizuno TP Mills 9

If you have time, continue to play the Par 3 course about once a month in season. It will give you a workout on hitting greens and scoring that will help your overall game.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

3 hours ago, Maric771 said:

Well I finally did it.  After months of lessons and trips to the driving range I finally got up the nerve to go to a golf course.  By chance I stumbled on a women's "new to golf group".  Non-competitive and very supportive group.  I had a great time and can't wait for the next outing.  It was a par 3 course that I'm sure many of you would sneer at, but for a first round it was great.  I even got a birdie!

No sneering. I think cutting your teeth on a par 3 course is the absolute BEST idea for a new golfer. You learn the same etiquette and feel for the game, but with less pressure. Good luck!!

Colin P.

For your first birdie, it is customary to tell everyone you know all the gory details until they die of boredom: how long the hole was, what club you hit, how well you struck the ball, what the ball flight was, where it landed and rolled, and include the length of putt (and break of the green)!

But seriously, congrats!

• Like 1

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Congrats on the birdie. Also, nothing wrong with playing a par 3 course. I play one at least once a month. At the very least, a par 3 course makes for a  great short game practice scenario.

Funny thing about golf courses, especially par 3s. They never seem to wear out.  Just keep playing them. :-)

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

22 hours ago, Maric771 said:

Well I finally did it.  After months of lessons and trips to the driving range I finally got up the nerve to go to a golf course.  By chance I stumbled on a women's "new to golf group".  Non-competitive and very supportive group.  I had a great time and can't wait for the next outing.  It was a par 3 course that I'm sure many of you would sneer at, but for a first round it was great.  I even got a birdie!

I commend you for checking your ego, and NOT playing on a regular course for your first round.

You may love golf. But often times, it won't love you back.

Good luck.

Edited by BallMarker
In my bag Driver: Cleveland CG tour black Fairway Woods: Diablo Octane 3 wood; Diablo 5 wood Irons: Mizuno MP53 5-9 Hybrid: Cobra 3, 4 T-Rail Wedge: 46* Cleveland, 50* Cleveland, 54* Titleist, 60* Titleist Putter: Odyssey protype #6 Ball: Maxfli U4/U6... But I'm not really picky about the ball I use.

Congrats on everything.

I've been playing for over a decade and I still enjoy a par-3 course.  I have even seen many PGA Tour professionals play a nine hole, par-3 course.  No sneering here.

Congratulations again on the birdie.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I think you are doing it the right way.  Confidence is built gradually.  You get some lessons, get some time at the range, pick an easy course to put theory into practice.  Too many people jump straight into the deep end of the pool and make fools of themselves.  You saved yourself some frustrations like not losing balls, having people complain that you play too slow, get panic attacks, etc.

• 1 month later...
Note: This thread is 2265 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!