IGNORED

Brandel Says He Was Wrong About Tiger

iacas
Note: This thread is 2273 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
1 minute ago, tdiii said:

He was 180 on Thursday, 178 on the holes they showed it Sunday.  Not sure if that is meaningful or not.  Speaking for myself, 2 mph feels like a lot (I'm just over 100 and hit 104 occasionally).  But who knows if he concentrated on swinging smoothly, if he was tired, or if the callibrations were different somehow.  Don't know enough about the technology. 

2 MPH ball speed (not clubhead speed) is not very different.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, iacas said:

2 MPH ball speed (not clubhead speed) is not very different.

Good point, I was mixing stats there.  So really just over 1 MPH of club head speed. 

Edited by tdiii

20 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

It fluctuated.  I think it was best on Friday, good on Saturday, less so on Sunday and Thursday.  That kind of thing seems like it would be a very simple "fix" in that it would just take repeptitions to get the feel back.  But who knows?

Yes, it was not consistent. He hit some very good shots around the green, but many poor ones too. I did see a number of other guys hitting poor chips & pitches from those collection areas near the greens. The announcers (for what it's worth) attributed many of those to the Bermuda grass. Even so, Tiger seemed below average on those shots. If he's going to contend, he'll need to improve that.

He just admitted to being wrong to get people to think he is human verse the cold blooded lizard we all know he really is. Plus he has had that bad PR with the "Dufner" so throwing a bone towards the good guys may help him with some of the golf community...

Edited by Valleygolfer

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Off topic but there is a Twitter account - Blocked By Brandel Chamblee, just created a week ago:

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

1 hour ago, nevets88 said:

Off topic but there is a Twitter account - Blocked By Brandel Chamblee, just created a week ago:

Bloked? (gray text beside picture)

Jon

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, JonMA1 said:

Bloked? (gray text beside picture)

They misspelled the username for whatever reason.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Twitter got a character limit on usernames, max 15. They had to throw out one letter and probably went with the missing c.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Zeph said:

Twitter got a character limit on usernames, max 15. They had to throw out one letter and probably went with the missing c.

That would be a good reason to misspell it.

Wow, 15 is lower than I imagined it would be.

On 12/6/2017 at 7:50 PM, nevets88 said:

Steve,

You always find fun stuff to post! Thanks!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Nice to see him admit a change of opinion... Loved seeing Tiger back - does anyone have an idea of how the ratings compared to other tournaments across the year?

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

• 1 month later...
Note: This thread is 2273 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!