IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge

iacas

Day 74: 

15 minutes of full swing work before I head to the airport for another business trip. Short but very focused work. Working on soft contact with arm to body on downswing which puts my elbows in a nice position. Hit some good shots today. Still swinging a bit too hard 😅

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Day 29, July 15

Did alignment work hitting into my net for about a 1/2 hour. Hope to get to the range tomorrow to see ball flight. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Day 162 - July 15, 2018 - Hit a few shots on the golf course - shorter shots with irons after the groin didn't like two driver swings. :sigh:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

DAY 236    Spent an hour on the range working on drills to keep the club in front of me, and improve my downswing sequence.   Then headed over to a friend's club to play 9 holes.  Since he has some health issues, we played only 9 holes from the Senior Tees at 5500 yards.   We had a great time together, and I finished with a birdie on the ninth hole to shoot 1 under par.   Busy week ahead with packers and movers coming to our home.  Then off to Sarasota, FL to live!!!

5 hours ago, Patch said:

Day 195 Pacticed off of wet turf this morning. Had a few thunderstorms blow through the area last night. Reports say the storms dropped 1.25" inches of rain. Some spots had more, some less. 

Practiced with my metal woods this morning due to the wet conditions. This clubs do not dig in, and slide easier over the wet turf. 

Hit some chips and short pitches with my 7w. I used an abbreviated swing, while choking down on the grip. My lower hand was actually touching the metal part of the shaft. Focus was on reads, and hitting my landing spot to allow the control of the green to roll the ball near, or into the hole. (C+)

After that it was some choked down, short back swing, 5w punch shots to a Palm Tree about a 100 yards away. Focus was on alignment, and crisp ball contact. I was hitting off a thin lie area, with a brown grass, dirt/mud surface. (B-)

These were all very different swings than I am use to. Control of my back swing was a big deal to make these clubs work for the shorter distances required. 

I did hit my wedge Ironwoods a few times. The design of the these clubs, with the much wider soles work better than my normal gamers would. Again the wider soles do not allow the club's to easily dig in. Less fat shots. 

I finished up hitting a few balls out of wet, compacted bunker. I used my lob wedge, with what I call my "splat" swing. I don't know what else to call it. I basically, on my down swing, "throw" the club head into the dirt just behind the ball. The club head hits the ground with a splat like "thud", moves under ball, and lifts it out of the bunker. Hit every ball out of the bunker. (A-)

It was a fun, different morning of practice. Unless I am on a road trip, in a wetter climate, I don't see wet conditions very often. 

Wet turf is definitely the best place to work on irons, I think.   If you don’t hit ball before turf, it really let’s you know immediately.  Hit a great iron shot off soaking wet turf and you really know you put a good swing on it.

7/15/18 - day, like 180 or something.

i haven’t posted to this thread in months, because I forget to post and log that shit.   However, I haven’t taken a day off golf practice since early February..     it’s clearly paying off.    Today I am chipping balls in the back yard.  

Just wanted to iterate that,while I’m not posting, I am still working.

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

Day 11:

Warm up felt re4ally good today, especially the two aspects working on hip turn.  So started the day really loose and focused.  Started well and all of the clubs worked as expected.  Both my 7i and 8i were especially on point.

One club, however, took the day off, so to speak. My usually reliable 4h decided to be difficult.  While I got some lower lift (usually no higher that 12' or so), It seemed, with this one weapon, I somehow was missing something.  My 3h and 5h were just fine.  O well, we all need a day off every now and then!

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

Day 44 -- evening wind-down from a busy day included some medicine ball work (the usual drill).  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 196

Just some putting practice today, using my normal 18 practice pin routine. Six clockwise, then six counter clockwise. The final six being a mix of the first two. Most first putts were in the 10-15 foot range. A few we're in the 20-30 foot range. Did this for 36 practice pins, for a par of 72. Putted 69 times, with no three putts. (A-)

Using one ball, my focus was on reads, rolling the ball on my chosen line, and starting my back stroke with my lead, less dominant, left hand.

I really putted much better than I normally do. Definitely better than if I would have been on the course playing for a score. 

Had the practice green all to myself. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Day 30, July 16

Mirror work at the gym and hope to get to the range before it rains. Worked on alignment and partial swings.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Day 12

Very humid morning, so warm-ups were hard to focus, but did the 15 reps fairly well.  Got nice and loose.  Was able to correct some of the problems with my 4h from yesterday and was solid with the driver.  No real wind on the range, so I was a bit shocked to see myself hit drives approaching 240!  A bit of draw even was there!  Did a round of trying to remove a good amount of sand in sand trap practice.  Got the ball out of the green side bunker and the shots though tended to still roll too much after.  A focus again for tomorrow!

Edited by DrMJG

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

DAY 237   I went out at 5 pm, with the temperature of 91 and Feels like 103.   But, I had to keep the streak alive.  Since the humidity was low, I was able to spend 90 minutes on the putting green working through, 25 in a row from 3 feet, and then 20 in a row from each of 20,30 and 45 feet into a 3 foot circle around the hole.   Then spent the remainder of the time on VERY long putts, all over 50 feet.   Checking to see how my distance control work is doing with various long targets.  Did well... and now home!!  And more packing, like earlier today.

Day 15

Spent some time this evening working on grip and backswing.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator

Day 163 - July 16, 2018 - Putted for a bit while the kiddo practiced following a terrible round today. Groin not great.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day 44.  30 balls at the range, but not all were practice.  Did about a dozen balls (25 minutes or so) with my 5-iron, working on the same thing as always.  

Then I got to hit my new 3H and 4W.  They came in on Thursday and have been calling my name ever since.  But I had a tournament round Saturday, so I didn't want to hit them before then, nor take new clubs I hadn't played with before to the tournament.  They understood but kept calling my name.  And then yesterday was way too busy.  But they were calling my name perpetually throughout yesterday and today.  So I made a point to hit them today.  I liked them so much I already put the GG tags on them;  swapping out my old 3H for this one, same H tag, but I put the "ME" tag on the 4W. 

I include that in my practice log because the discipline of slow swings, work on something, then step up and hit a ball was followed for them, and probably was why I was able to hit a few good shots right off the bat. :-)  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Day 1 (of posting): 

Played 18 then worked on sand shots from various distances of 5-20 yards from the green. Need to be able to control them a bit better although I am able to hit them well.

In my bag:

Taylormade R11S Driver
Taylormade RBZ 3-wood
Nike VRS Irons 4-9
SM4 Titleist Vokey Wedges 47, 54, 58
College freshman playing golf at Wabash College in Indiana!

Technically Day 1, but I’ve been to the driving range/course/tournament every day this summer, except two. But since this is my first day on this forum I’ll say day 1.

Had a tournament today, and I guess he practice part was working on the range before teeing off, and trying to trust my release on drives.

Btw, could you approve this post iacas? Thx 

Day 13

Again, a 30 minute session focused on my H clubs to set a bit the corrections, mainly to stance, that I made yesterday.  Seemed to be more efficient.  Followed by 30 minutes working on sand trap