IGNORED

As a "Non-Golfer" This Is How I Spend My Time

BuckeyeNut
Note: This thread is 1843 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, mcanadiens said:

That was a pretty matter-of-fact celebration there.

Also, he has one in league the previous day!

30 minutes ago, RandallT said:

I can’t get over 70+ rounds per year being a light year.  Don’t think I’ve played 70 rounds in this century. 

Congrats to your son!

No kidding.  I’ve played 2 rounds in calendar year 2018, and 24 in the past 12 months.  I think my best years I’ve almost got close to 40 rounds but never beyond.  (I’ve played 6 rounds since Newport Cup) 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just think how good he'll be once he can actually drink beer while he's bowling, as the game was intended to be played! ;-) 

• Like 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Cool! My kids are a bit older and already in college or effectively there. I do shooting and archery other times.

Edited by Lihu

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

11 hours ago, StefanUrkel said:

Are there any pros  that hold it like that?

Possibly? However, he's still just a kid using a pro weight ball judging by the way the pins explode upon impact.

Edited by Lihu

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I understand completely, my daughter plays on a ultra competitive AAU Basketball team. They play almost every weekend. We travel all over the place, and my golf has taken a back seat to her basketball. I don't miss it though, I would rather watch her play basketball than play golf any day. This is what I do every weekend:

Edited by iacas
please embed videos, Danny
  • Upvote 1

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

I play guitar, exercise/brodoyouevenlift, and watch YouTube videos of cyst popping/gym fails/earwax extractions/chiropractic ASMR with hot chicks/, and MMA highlights.

Colin P.

• 6 months later...
(edited)

i LOVE the game, but I spend most of my time supporting my son with his competitions these days.   I have no regrets and I am having the most fun ever, but I'll be back!!   He's 16... in a 2-3 years, I'll have the rest of my life to play golf.   My golf count for 2018: 36.5 rounds in 2018.  This is the fewest I have played since I took up the game in the early 90s.  I've played over 100 rounds per year from 1991-2016.  Last year was my decline...77 rounds played.  

I quit my golf membership, but only because the new GM and I don't see eye to eye.....  I will play next year, but it will be minimal like this year.   I have picked up a small hobby on the side, but this has nothing to do with my lack of golf play. I know a few land owners with coyote problems....and I like shooting coyotes.  So I do this from time to time..  I also paid way too much for a SubZero Callaway driver this year... for a guy that plays under 40 times a year, this probably could have waited...LOL

Avatar.jpg.2b0d74a8f529a63e978d8b0bd74c5e8a.jpg    

Edited by BuckeyeNut

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

wow...amazing merger of threads!  Isaacs?  that you?  Well done sir!  hahaha

What's in Paul's Bag:

19 minutes ago, BuckeyeNut said:

wow...amazing merger of threads!  Isaacs?  that you?  Well done sir!  hahaha

@iacas. I assume.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

(edited)

100 degree days...no big deal... I've harvested coyotes during a time of year, they are ghosts......I swear the bugs are bigger in the country..LOL.  

2nd Coyote2.jpg

These properties are overrun, killing animals they raise.........doing my part to help. 

Edited by BuckeyeNut

What's in Paul's Bag:

this is the crazy part...I got down to a 2.6 index playing 36 times.  Higher than normal, but I really didn't play that much!!!

What's in Paul's Bag:

On 10/16/2016 at 1:12 PM, iacas said:

To what end?

Perhaps our society tends to put children on a pedestal and almost worships youth? I have 4 grown children and have seen the phenomenon first hand. What is a child to do when they are grown and the world stops revolving around them? 

Edited by Carl3
  • Like 1

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Carl3 said:

Perhaps our society tends to put children on a pedestal and almost worships youth? I have 4 grown children and have seen the phenomenon first hand. What is a child to do when they are grown and the world stops revolving around them? 

No, the guy was a troll. Nothing more.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

15 hours ago, BuckeyeNut said:

100 degree days...no big deal... I've harvested coyotes during a time of year, they are ghosts......I swear the bugs are bigger in the country..LOL.  

2nd Coyote2.jpg

These properties are overrun, killing animals they raise.........doing my part to help. 

The term "harvest" strikes me as funny here. 

Looks like you harvested the $#^@!! outta that one though.  SOB's are all over down here, too.  Can hear them yipping and yowling in the orange groves often. Anything to keep their numbers in check, but like you said, they are very good at not getting harvested. LOL

On 10/3/2018 at 11:19 AM, 3jacker said:

The term "harvest" strikes me as funny here. 

Looks like you harvested the $#^@!! outta that one though.  SOB's are all over down here, too.  Can hear them yipping and yowling in the orange groves often. Anything to keep their numbers in check, but like you said, they are very good at not getting harvested. LOL

LOL...yes, I use a .308 and it works pretty well.  I hunt on private lands and the land owners want them gone.  I don't try to save the pelts or anything like that....  I move them out of the way of farm equipment so bones don't get jammed in the combines.  

Funny sidenote.... I put the above Coyote in a very specific spot along the edge of a field in a fence line to get it out of the way............I walked past that exact spot 2 weeks later and there was no sign of it.  Usually coyotes will eat it up and leave a few bones.  I looked in a 20yd radius.....there was not a single bone to be found....it was gone.  Just drag marks.... I didn't expect that!!!!

What's in Paul's Bag:

• 3 months later...

I am definitely a "non-golfer"..........remember that thread?  I don't play golf anymore......(by my own standard)

i've been playing much less golf because I travel the country for kid reasons.  I am Ok with this...my yountest is 16 and my time is limited.  I will soon be an empty nester and have my entire life to play golf.  My home golf club recently was bought out, and I had an issue with the new GM....we had a falling out, and I quit my membership.  For the first time since 1996....I don't have a golf membership!!!!  Because of my sons heavy travel, I don't plan to buy a new membership in 2019.  I plan to "WING" it and play public golf..................oh boy! I am looking forward to it because it's been awhile since I have made the rounds so to speak!!!  I am actually looking forward to playing all the good courses I have not played in awhile.....I played fewer than 50 rounds in 2018 due to travel.  (definite/non-golfer)  Plus I quite my membership in August...that didn't help! I still got my index down to 1.8 although that was a season low and I finished higher.

This is how I spend this weekend........in a bowling alley...LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:

Note: This thread is 1843 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!