IGNORED

2018 Valspar Golf Championship in Tampa, FL

kpaulhus
Note: This thread is 2228 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Corey Conners has an interesting swing! Looks like he just picks the club up with his arms and drops it back down on the ball. Kind of fascinating. 

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

46 minutes ago, iacas said:

Sure there are.

He's a first-time leader on the PGA Tour and none other than Tiger Woods is nipping at his heels.

Just a few weeks ago a Web.com regular played in the same group with Woods and beat him head to head; the days of players being afraid of Woods are long gone. I expect Connors to continue to play well, no real reason he shouldn't. And if he falters and comes back to the pack it won't be because he's scared of Tiger Woods lol.

Carry on my wayward drive

There'll be pars when you are done

Lay your weary wedge to rest

Don't you shank no more 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, MrGolfguy67 said:

Just a few weeks ago a Web.com regular played in the same group with Woods and beat him head to head; the days of players being afraid of Woods are long gone. I expect Connors to continue to play well, no real reason he shouldn't. And if he falters and comes back to the pack it won't be because he's scared of Tiger Woods lol.

Whatever you gotta tell yourself.

It's not always about being "scared." The crowds alone can be a distraction. None other than Rory McIlroy said it recently. http://www.golfchannel.com/article/golf-central-blog/mcilroy-crowd-chaos-causes-woods-half-shot-day/

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Whatever I have to tell myself? What the heck are you talking about?

Corey Connors is playing well, he's proven he can handle PGA Tour pressure the last 2 days. My opinion is that he will continue to play well.

Carry on my wayward drive

There'll be pars when you are done

Lay your weary wedge to rest

Don't you shank no more 

1 hour ago, MrGolfguy67 said:

Whatever I have to tell myself? What the heck are you talking about?

Corey Connors is playing well, he's proven he can handle PGA Tour pressure the last 2 days. My opinion is that he will continue to play well.

Even if Woods isn’t there - playing on the weekend with the lead is loads different than Thursday and Friday in a PGA tour event. No matter what your score is during the week, you’re playing when you play and with whatever crowds you can muster (for him it was likely his family and his FCs family). Now you are in the final group in the golf version of prime time.  It’s a new ballgame and I’d be more surprised if he’s still leading than I will be if he shoots a 75.

And that opinion is entirely independent of Tiger.

(edited)
5 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

Even if Woods isn’t there - playing on the weekend with the lead is loads different than Thursday and Friday in a PGA tour event. No matter what your score is during the week, you’re playing when you play and with whatever crowds you can muster (for him it was likely his family and his FCs family). Now you are in the final group in the golf version of prime time.  It’s a new ballgame and I’d be more surprised if he’s still leading than I will be if he shoots a 75.

Agreed....that said, Tiger's attention/crowds will undoubtedly be a factor

Edited by woodzie264
  • Like 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

19 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

Agreed. Playing with the lead on the weekend is difficult for anyone, regardless whose nipping at their heels. 

I also agree with @Golfingdad he hasn't been here in this position before, it's a different pressure leading on Saturday and Sunday than it is Thursday and Friday.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Whether you like him or not (and I do) nobody moves the needle like Eldrick.  Every sport needs a Babe Ruth, a Michael Jordan, a Wayne Gretsky, a Larry Bird.  Without them the bar is lower.  Who wants the bar to be lower?  I'll take a one-off, every time, over the sort of dogged competence to which I claim to aspire.  That is, admittedly, idiotic.  But I like being idiotic...it suits my temperment.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

19 minutes ago, woodzie264 said:

Agreed....that said, Tiger's attention/crowds will undoubtedly be a factor

Damn straight. Especially considering Tiger and Snedeker are going out in the group directly in front of him. Plus he's playing with Paul Casey who has been there before also.

If Tiger nearly broke the internet by being tied for the lead when he finished this morning, he WILL break it with any piece of the lead after 54 holes.

I tried to tell you guys this comeback was different, now I think I have your attention.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

2 hours ago, Ty_Webb said:

It’s a good job that the mental side of the game has so little influence

What @iacas said, his mental game isn't going to make him lose his swing where he'll shoot 85. It might affect him a few strokes but on a macro level, the mental game has a small influence compared to the physical part of the game. 

1 hour ago, MrGolfguy67 said:

He's still new on tour, who knows he could have had two career days. Playing with the lead for the first time is tough.

2 hours ago, jbishop15 said:

Corey Conners has an interesting swing! Looks like he just picks the club up with his arms and drops it back down on the ball. Kind of fascinating. 

It's unique. IMO what he does is "weirder" than someone like Furyk.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Looks pretty good to me.  Am I missing something?

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

3 minutes ago, Piz said:

He does look to come from the inside a little more than some.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

3 minutes ago, onthehunt526 said:

So does Sergio...works for him.

In der bag:

10 minutes ago, Piz said:

So does Sergio...works for him.

Yes, it does.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, onthehunt526 said:

Where?

01.jpg

I don't think that's particularly "from the inside." Especially given the slightly out-of-line camera position.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

Where?

01.jpg

I don't think that's particularly "from the inside." Especially given the slightly out-of-line camera position.

I can't tell without the lines Erik. I'm just a cook.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

1 hour ago, Piz said:

Usually don't see a pro so shallow on the backswing.

Conners 1.jpg

And it stays shallow, doesn't have a lot of hip turn, gets a bit narrow at the top. Also typically don't see a pro with this high of a rate of closure with an iron.

Conner 3.jpg

• Like 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Note: This thread is 2228 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!