IGNORED

2018 Arnold Palmer Invitational

colin007
Note: This thread is 2232 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I agree. In such an important tee shot I wish he’d just gone with his 3 wood. Hell he even said, ‘...or just go with straight 3w and 8i.’ But his attitude was nice to see. I tell ya what, Phil’s win, JT, Bubba, Tiger looking so damn good and now Rory wins?! What a Masters we’re gonna get this year!

• Like 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

In a way Rory did him a big favor with his crazy good finish, as it made the OB moot as far as winning chances went.  

• Like 1

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

53 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I agree. In such an important tee shot I wish he’d just gone with his 3 wood. Hell he even said, ‘...or just go with straight 3w and 8i.’ But his attitude was nice to see. I tell ya what, Phil’s win, JT, Bubba, Tiger looking so damn good and now Rory wins?! What a Masters we’re gonna get this year!

I hope you guys are ready for an 1986 Masters-like Sunday? (I think I did that right) I told the MOD (Manager on Duty) at work, Tiger would make a run, but Rory would win.

Tiger WILL be in the hunt at the Masters. Absolutely no doubt about it. I agree Tiger could've reached 16 in two with a mid-iron at most with 3-wood off the tee. I will say this, we saw flashes of the old Tiger today.

I think Rory coming off a win at Bay Hill will boost his confidence going into Augusta National in 18 days. I guess I heard he worked with Brad Faxon on his putting after his MC at Valspar. 

Tiger is just literally a crotch hair away from kicking some ass again. If he wins even once, he's comeback player of the year, I guarantee it.

SLIG could be a dark horse @ Augusta National. He's got weird technical shit I don't understand (something about the one-plane swing, and Single-Length Irons). But the kid has game. Stenson's coming around into form. J Rose will probably sneak in and grab the Green Jacket.

Not that any of this matters we're not having a Masters Prediction Contest. I wouldn't even care if it was for one of those Masters Super Stroke grips as the grand prize. 

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

5 hours ago, skydog said:

Heck of a round from Rory. I was thinking over the last 12 months that he was more or less done. Clearly I forgot that Rory is capable of looking mediocre for weeks/months on end only to turn around out of nowhere and look like the best player on the planet.

He didn't have the best 2017, but still he made a few good finishes.

WGC HSBC - T4
WGC Mexico - T7
API - T4
Masters - T7
The Open - T4
WGC Bridgestone - T5

Golf is so difficult that you can't count anyone out based on just a few months of struggle. Especially one as talented as Rory.

• Like 2

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

8 hours ago, turtleback said:

In a way Rory did him a big favor with his crazy good finish, as it made the OB moot as far as winning chances went.  

Yep, TW best case was probably -14. Rory pulled a classic Arnold charge on that back nine. Incredible stuff. 

7 hours ago, onthehunt526 said:

SLIG could be a dark horse @ Augusta National. He's got weird technical shit I don't understand (something about the one-plane swing, and Single-Length Irons). But the kid has game. 

SLIG's swing and style of play hurts my soul a bit but I give him a lot of credit for his solid play over the past year. That said, he's somewhere around 115th on tour in scrambling as his overly mechanical swing doesn't translate well into any kind of imagination around the greens. Typically that isn't the profile of guys who do well at Augusta but you never know. 

• Administrator
8 hours ago, onthehunt526 said:

SLIG could be a dark horse @ Augusta National. He's got weird technical shit I don't understand (something about the one-plane swing, and Single-Length Irons). But the kid has game. Stenson's coming around into form. J Rose will probably sneak in and grab the Green Jacket.

If recent precedent is telling, they also won't tolerate his slow pace of play and may slap him with a penalty. I'd take that.

• Like 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

7 minutes ago, iacas said:

If recent precedent is telling, they also won't tolerate his slow pace of play and may slap him with a penalty. I'd take that.

Or maybe just slap him in general?

That should make him speed up :-P

• Like 1

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

Or pair him with Rory Sabbatini?

• Like 1

PING G400 Max 9*  Taylormade  M2 15*  Callaway Steelhead XR 19* & 22*   Callaway Apex CF-16 5-GW  Callaway MD3 54* & 58*  RIFE 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet 34"

2 minutes ago, GrandStranded said:

Or pair him with Rory Sabbatini?

I've had an idea. All players should be made to wear those electric dog collars they use for training unruly dogs. Player goes over his time limit and BZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!! Player suddenly plays like his undies are on fire.

There may be a few moral and ethical issues to get round but nothing too major :-P

• Like 1

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

3 minutes ago, RussUK said:

I've had an idea. All players should be made to wear those electric dog collars they use for training unruly dogs. Player goes over his time limit and BZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!! Player suddenly plays like his undies are on fire.

There may be a few moral and ethical issues to get round but nothing too major :-P

You'd have half the field barking on national television every Sunday. Not the best way to grow the game, in my opinion.

Edited by GrandStranded

PING G400 Max 9*  Taylormade  M2 15*  Callaway Steelhead XR 19* & 22*   Callaway Apex CF-16 5-GW  Callaway MD3 54* & 58*  RIFE 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet 34"

3 minutes ago, GrandStranded said:

You'd have half the field barking on national television every Sunday. Not the best way to grow the game, in my opinion.

Yeah, didnt think of that. May just have to limit the collar thing to Kevin Na.

Back to the drawing board :-P

Patrick Reed folks

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

What has happened before will happen again.

Steve

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

What has happened before will happen again.

You already posted that? :-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

10 minutes ago, iacas said:

You already posted that? :-)

Ah, I thought I just posted a photo. :-P

• Like 1

Steve

Note: This thread is 2232 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!