IGNORED

2018 Masters Tournament Discussion Topic

iacas
Note: This thread is 2228 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The 2018 Masters  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the 2018 Masters?

• Tiger
    • Jordan, Dustin, or Rory
    • Someone else in the OWGR Top 15
    • Someone not listed above
  2. 2. Where does Tiger finish?

• First
    • Top 5
    • Top 10
    • Top 20
    • Makes cut, nowhere near contention
    • MC

I am rooting for Rory or Tiger to win, which is not an option on the poll.  So I didn't vote.

It's interesting to see Tiger's 3 wins came with 70 on the first round and 74 on the last win.

Alright!  Rory is tied for the lead!

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

And a bogey for Spieth at 2!

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

• Administrator

Mike Davis just (almost) goofed up a simple ruling. He told Kuchar to re-drop when his ball, dropped inside the measured distance from a TIO, rolled a foot to about six inches outside the measured space. Kuchar had to say “I thought it could roll up to two clublengths.”

Kuchar knew the rules better than Davis.

• Like 1
  • Informative 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

+3 for the day after two holes for Spieth. Rory is going the other way to share for the lead with Kuchar. I am fine with this. ;-)

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

1 minute ago, iacas said:

Mike Davis just (almost) goofed up a simple ruling. He told Kuchar to re-drop when his ball, dropped inside the measured distance from a TIO, rolled a foot to about six inches outside the measured space. Kuchar had to say “I thought it could roll up to two clublengths.”

And played a seriously good shot from there. Kuchar is so annoyingly good at just posting scores.

Just now, Zeph said:

+3 for the day after two holes for Spieth. Rory is going the other way to share for the lead with Kuchar. I am fine with this. ;-)

You and me both!

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

1 minute ago, iacas said:

I saw that...I was ummm I am pretty sure Kuchar is right here. Davis looked almost confused/embarrassed after Kuchar called him out on it. 

• Like 1

Spieth looks a mess so far. He nearly four-putted the 2nd. I think he'll right the ship but Rory not surprising me. If Rory putts like this all week, it could be game over. When Rory putts well, nobody can beat him. Problem is he hasn't putted well often since the 2014 PGA.

Edited by ChrisP

Just now, ChrisP said:

Spieth looks a mess so far. He nearly four-putted the 2nd. I think he'll right the ship but Rory not surprising me. If Rory putts like this all week, it could be game over. When Rory putts well, nobody can beat him.

To be honest, it's more to do with his irons being on - he just needs to putt averagely to win here.

1 minute ago, b101 said:

To be honest, it's more to do with his irons being on - he just needs to putt averagely to win here.

Yeah but many times his irons are on and he doesn't win because his putting is extremely poor. Seeing him make 15-20 footers is encouraging for anyone who is a Rory fan. He just needs to keep it going through Sunday.

2 hours ago, GrandStranded said:

I've said many times that Sergio is my favorite golfer. That was not only tough to watch, but it felt like it was something only Sergio would do... I mean, jeez, can you try a different shot????. I'll never again think the "McEvoy moment" in Tin Cup was as far fetched as I previously did. 

Sergio creates mystique with bizarre behavior. I like him but certainly a way to negatively have everyone remember him for years to come...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Ricky Fowler with the birdie. I would like to see him do something this week. I don't know but I just have never liked Rory, don't really have a reason, just a feeling.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

So, a seven-way tie for the lead at -3. Happy, @iacas?

I sure am :-D

Just now, b101 said:

Me too. The more players in contention through the tournament the better. Especially on Sunday.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, b101 said:

Yes.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

As a semi-interesting interlude, myself and some friends have done a sweepstake, where you pick one player from top 5, one from 6-10, one from 11-20, one from 21-50 and one outside the top 50. My wife decided to join in, purely picking players based on those whose names she liked.

Combined score from my players after round one: -1 (Thomas, McIlroy, Noren, Cabrera-Bello, Woods)

Combined score from her players after round one: -7 (Rose, McIlroy, Stenson, Finau, Scott). Would have been even better, but I suggested she take Scott over Hadwin...

Next best out of our group is at -2 combined. I need to get her to place bets for me...

Atta boy Ricky! Chip it in there close and tap it in!

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Note: This thread is 2228 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!