IGNORED

2018 The PLAYERS Championship

Zeph
Note: This thread is 2171 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The "super groups" have been a flop.  What do you think is the reason for these results? 

Callaway Razr-Fit 8.5 Driver | Callaway GBB Warbird 3W | PingEye 2 Irons (2-PW) | McGregor Jack Nicklaus SW | Ping B61 Putter

9 minutes ago, fishgolf said:

The "super groups" have been a flop.  What do you think is the reason for these results? 

Er.......not playing well? Scoring badly? Playing below expectations? There is no "reason".

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Webb Simpson is putting together another good round, -6 today to go with his 66 yeaterday, 12 under and in the lead

Carry on my wayward drive

There'll be pars when you are done

Lay your weary wedge to rest

Don't you shank no more 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 minutes ago, Shorty said:

Er.......not playing well? Scoring badly? Playing below expectations? There is no "reason".

Perhaps it's who they were paired with - a game within the game contributing? 

Callaway Razr-Fit 8.5 Driver | Callaway GBB Warbird 3W | PingEye 2 Irons (2-PW) | McGregor Jack Nicklaus SW | Ping B61 Putter

2 minutes ago, fishgolf said:

Perhaps it's who they were paired with - a game within the game contributing? 

They're better than that. :-)

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

CHIII doing well. Interesting to see how he does after the big swing changes. 

WS can beat the record low score, right? I think it's 63. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

11 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

CHIII doing well. Interesting to see how he does after the big swing changes. 

WS can beat the record low score, right? I think it's 63. 

It is. 63: Fred Couples (1992) Greg Norman (1994) Roberto Castro (2013) Martin Kaymer (2014) Jason Day (2016) Colt Knost (2016).

That's one heck of a round so far. He's hitting good shots, but also holing it from everywhere. This guy is goo....ummm....I mean he's living under par!

Projected cut moved to -2, which would give Tiger an early weekend.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Webb Simpson was on fire today. 9 birdies (including 6 in a row on #11-16), and an eagle, only blemish was a double on 17. At the halfway point he's at 66/63 = 15 under 

Don't you shank no more 

this could turn into a snooze fast quick.  It all depends on what happens tomorrow.  It may be over by then.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

16 minutes ago, Yukari said:

this could turn into a snooze fast quick.  It all depends on what happens tomorrow.  It may be over by then.

Yeah,  having a lackluster player in the lead and a bunch of ‘lesser known’ players well behind makes for a pretty boring tournament. Nothing against Webb, just appears to me like Keegan...minimal wins, over hyped from Ryder Cup. But Webb is really tempting the golf gods with a 66-62.. We may be in for a colossal disaster.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Tiger should take Jordan out for beer and pizza. :doh:

15 minutes ago, fishgolf said:

Tiger should take Jordan out for beer and pizza. :doh:

It’s Jordan ...you mean milk.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I'm looking for swing vids on Instagram and when you filter on the tournament, a lot of the posts are photos of young ladies nary any swings. Guess the TPC is a bit of a social event.

Uh-uh, not working.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Webb and Charl are two guys who won majors and have talent to win more than they have but just haven’t. Two careers that have taken somewhat disappointing turns. They show up on leaderboards but haven’t won a ton of tournaments the last 5 years. This will go a long way if one of these two guys can get a win this weekend. 

Webb Simpson's swing is one of my least favorite on tour. It looks like whatever the opposite of effortless power is. It's so jerky. Obviously, it's still a great swing, but I really hate watching it.

That swing he had on 17 was really, really bad. At least 15, possibly 20, yards short of where it should have been. With a wedge in your hand.

I guess I don't like Webb Simpson, haha. 

• Like 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

33 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

At least 15, possibly 20, yards short of where it should have been. With a wedge in your hand.

Something about the island green makes a lot of these great players do that. Rickie & Phil did it yesterday.

Don't you shank no more 

8 minutes ago, MrGolfguy67 said:

Something about the island green makes a lot of these great players do that. Rickie & Phil did it yesterday.

Nah, they missed by 5 yards. Webb barely cleared the water with a back pin. Webb's mistake was orders of magnitude worse.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Note: This thread is 2171 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!