Jump to content
Carl3

Poor Lucas Glover

54 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

If you make a lot of money and then you want a trophy wife?  You've gotta be careful.

(That's tongue in cheek.  Seriously, it's a sad story, who knows what is really going on in their lives)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

5 minutes ago, turtleback said:

NOOB (none of our business)

Why is that? Is it NOOB when someone wins a golf tournament? It's interesting. You don't have to take an interest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Bucki1968 said:

Didn't he have some other issues with a previous wife? Or it might have been something to do with his family?

I thought he cheated on her. First wife.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

34 minutes ago, Shorty said:

Why is that? Is it NOOB when someone wins a golf tournament? It's interesting. You don't have to take an interest.

Agree here. Yes, none of our 'business' as nothing we can do to affect any of this, but surely there is nothing wrong in having at least a passing interest.

It's not like we are sitting here popping corn and laughing at the proceedings. In some ways it's cathartic to have things out in public.

6 minutes ago, iacas said:

I thought he cheated on her. First wife.

Hmm. Didn't know. It wouldn't be surprising if the history isn't current as well.

Never know. Always an added layer of complexity and concern when kids involved. 

Hope all works out with min damage.🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

57 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

Agree here. Yes, none of our 'business' as nothing we can do to affect any of this, but surely there is nothing wrong in having at least a passing interest.

It's not like we are sitting here popping corn and laughing at the proceedings. In some ways it's cathartic to have things out in public.

🙄

Furthermore, I think it is great when these vile people are exposed for what they really are. She's welcome to go out and win a U.S. Open herself if she doesn't want to be considered a "loser" or a p****". 

You've only got to look at the WAG photos to see that there's a certain "type" that these players are attracted to. There's no surprise that it turns out this way so often. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't be so quick to rush to judgment. To me, it sounds like there's some deeper issues she needs to sort out. Good people can do some awful things under the influence of substances or mental health issues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 minute ago, DeadMan said:

I wouldn't be so quick to rush to judgment. To me, it sounds like there's some deeper issues she needs to sort out. Good people can do some awful things under the influence of substances or mental health issues. 

For sure. But it always starts out as a choice when it involves substance abuse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 5/15/2018 at 4:19 PM, Patch said:

He should make more birdies.

Without any judgement about the family I will guess this:
Glover will play a lot better if he attends the next PGA without them all.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Problem with some (not all) WAGS is that they become acustomed to the lifestyle. They start to enjoy dining at fine restraunts, wearing Prada and driving flash cars. Problem is, for the majority of spotstars their time at the top of their game can be fleeting.

When the wins start to dry up and the winners cheques stop thats when the trouble starts. However, we dont know what goes on behind closed doors. Im sure there will be more to this story than what the media know about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

13 hours ago, Shorty said:

Why is that? Is it NOOB when someone wins a golf tournament? It's interesting. You don't have to take an interest.

News about a sporting event and gossip about people we don't know are not the same thing.  Yes, gossip can be interesting, but that isn't justification.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

30 minutes ago, turtleback said:

News about a sporting event and gossip about people we don't know are not the same thing.  Yes, gossip can be interesting, but that isn't justification.

A police report isn't gossip. Should Tiger's police reports have been ignored and not discussed by the hoi polloi? Professional golf might be considered entertainment, which could make Lucas an "entertainer". He has sponsors, which might or might not care about his personal life. Good debate here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think the real reason she's upset is because she left his brother Donald for him, and now she sees Donald rolling in the big Star Wars movie bucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Carl3 said:

A police report isn't gossip. Should Tiger's police reports have been ignored and not discussed by the hoi polloi? Professional golf might be considered entertainment, which could make Lucas an "entertainer". He has sponsors, which might or might not care about his personal life. Good debate here.

A police report isn't gossip.  Talking about the police report and including unfounded speculation about these people's lives is the very definition of gossip.  Most of what passes as 'media' today is just gossip.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 5:19 AM, boogielicious said:

I'm thinking she may have a substance abuse problem, which is why he is standing by her. It is sad and I hope they get help.

This.

Alcohol and other things misused can change personalities. All this media hype and sensationalism is one thing, but there are human beings here who are going through tough times, and enough has been said.  I hope the tour and golf media will give the support and privacy they need.

Edited by dbuck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, turtleback said:

Most of what passes as 'media' today is just gossip.

 

Bread and circuses, baby. Voyeurism of the rich and famous including gossip is the new opiate of the masses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

No one is bringing up the other side of the coin.  A guy that brings his mother with him on tour.

It would drive a wife to drink

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, rehmwa said:

No one is bringing up the other side of the coin.  A guy that brings his mother with him on tour.

It would drive a wife to drink

It was probably due to mother's day weekend, and hope it isn't a normal thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...