Carl3

Poor Lucas Glover

48 posts in this topic Last Reply

What do you think of Lucas Glover's situation? Sounds dreadful. Did he really marry a hideous gold-digger or is there more to it? His side of the tale sounds credible enough, but it seems hard to believe that his wife could be that horrible. If she is, it is hard to believe that he married her and had two kids before he realized his error. The police report is online and they took his wife in cuffs to jail and was out on $2,500 bail. Sounds like she might have resisted arrest. Let's hope this gets resolved satisfactorily and that the children are not harmed by all of this craziness. I hope that he can find some peace and get back to some sort of normalcy.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

My God, doesn't she sound revolting! 

Wow !! I guess that's all I can say about that lol. All because he didn't make the cut ...

He should make more birdies.

$20 says she had a couple drinks prior to clawing her husband and mother in law. Wish my wife pushed me to be better at golf😆

Totally feel for him.....obviously we do not know the entire situation, but if the allegations are true about the verbal and physical abuse post-round, this woman has serious problems.....and with two young kids, it is just not as easy as walking away

3 hours ago, NoName said:

Wow !! I guess that's all I can say about that lol. All because he didn't make the cut ...

My understanding is that he made the cut, but that he then did not play that well on Saturday, which led to the altercation with the wife. He then did not play on Sunday.

5 minutes ago, Carl3 said:

My understanding is that he made the cut, but that he then did not play that well on Saturday, which led to the altercation with the wife. He then did not play on Sunday.

Ah. Thank you. 

From a an Australian news source:

She is certainly a classy lady. Not.

Police reports uncovered by Daily Mail say Glover's wife Krista, 36, was arrested and charged with domestic battery and resisting arrest after he called emergency services, "tired" of repeated altercations. 

Glover's wife reportedly attacked the PGA Tour golfer's mother Hershey after an argument erupted following his 78 at TPC Sawgrass on Saturday, which led to Lucas not playing the final round. Krista too claimed she was attacked by her mother-in-law. Glover, the 2011 Wells Fargo Champion, was listed as a "victim" in the police report. 

According to St. Johns County Sheriff's Department's official report, the 2009 US Open champion told deputies his wife gets angry when he plays badly, and after drinking all day she had called him a "loser" and "p----" in an argument in front of their family, including two young children and Glover's mother at a home they were renting during the tournament.

3 hours ago, Carl3 said:

I believe The Players had a second cut after 54 holes where Glover dropped out. He was -4 after day one, -5 after day two, then made two birdies and eight bogeys on day three and went MDF along with eight other players. 

His wife sounds lile a piece of work, but as usual we only know some sides of the story.

I'm thinking she may have a substance abuse problem, which is why he is standing by her. It is sad and I hope they get help.

After officers made the decision to arrest Krista Glover, she “proceeded to wrap her legs and feet around the door and frame of the car preventing” officers from placing her in the back of the patrol car. Once inside, she damaged the door by “forcefully kicking” it.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/golf/2018/05/15/lucas-glover-pga-tour-wife-arrested-domestic-violence/613142002/

This woman needs some help. 

I feel for the guy. Playing pro golf is pretty stressful enough. While it sounds funny on the surface, with the wife going nuts, the Mom there defending her son, the children screaming, it's definitely not. To have this bitch waiting at home ready to literally tear into him if he doesn't play well, can't be good for anyone, especially the children. The guy won the US Open, for god's sake, so for this lady is it "what have you done for me lately"? Or maybe Glover's got other issues? Who knows. So I suspect there's probably a lot more to this than what's on the surface, all of which is none of our business.

Hope those kids become good athletes, momma don't take well to losers! 😬 I am sure there nothing like laying an egg in the third round of the Players and then coming home to a verbal assault from the missus. 

So sad.  I hope he realizes what his potential could be with a partner who was actually supportive.  Her eyes in the booking photo make me think there's more to it than booze, but I'm no expert.  What really struck me was the resemblance to another absolutely obnoxious person ...

krista10.jpg

kellyanne.jpg

Didn't he have some other issues with a previous wife? Or it might have been something to do with his family?