IGNORED

2018 British Open Championship at Carnoustie

Wally Fairway
Note: This thread is 2097 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So far so good. Tiger’s distance control is spot on. Gotta go on a birdie fest. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I dig double hole greens like 5/14 at Carnoustie. Very cool, old school. There was a teachable moment when Tiger waited for a golfer to put on 14. And waited until the other guy putted out before he lined up his own putt. If he had been practicing ready golf, tv could have told viewers that ready golf speeds up the game. Do we really need to see him walking around and squatting?  

He sank the putt, so what do I know?

🤷‍♂️ 😆

Wayne

Phil apparently got a larger shirt size😄. Little more room in that one.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

... and Pepperell in at -5.  So Jason Day, the previous clubhouse leader at -2, can pack his bags.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Shindig said:

... and Pepperell in at -5.  So Jason Day, the previous clubhouse leader at -2, can pack his bags.

Top five finish. 1-5% chance to win.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Just now, iacas said:

Top five finish. 1-5% chance to win.

Of course.  But if I were him, I wouldn't leave the course just yet.  

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

STOP... SAYING... CARNASTY.

Jeez.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Tiger's ball listens to him.  Mine never listens to me, but last week it did listen to my fellow competitor three times.  After the round I told him I hope to never draw him as an opponent in match play.

Dear television,

Since we're only going to see one shot from Langer evidently, why did you make it one where it looked like he was anchoring?

And then he took off his hat and it looked like he wanted a Mohawk at the last minute. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

12 minutes ago, Shindig said:

... and Pepperell in at -5.  

That one-hit wonder that I didn't want winning ----hated it when Shaun Micheel won the PGA.  Rather see the generations best win the big ones and not the one (Paul Lawrie) that you won't hear from again......

Did anyone catch the post-round interview with Jordan Speith? One tiny thing that jarred me, that seemed off-key, esp for Speith. When it seemed to go a bit long when he was asked to comment on another golfer, he said, "I don't get paid for this." 

I think she noticed it, because she said, "Let's get back to what you are paid to do," and asked him a question. Did this seem kind of weird to anyone else?

I know, picky, but I find it interesting to see unguarded moments.

Wayne

Just now, RLM said:

That one-hit wonder that I didn't want winning ----hated it when Shaun Micheel won the PGA.  Rather see the generations best win the big ones and not the one (Paul Lawrie) that you won't hear from again......

Oh but we got such a great Paul Lawrie moment a few years after that win.  He was playing in the Scottish Open with Boo Weekley and Boo asked him if he was playing in the British Open the next week.  When he said yes, Boo asked him how he qualified.  Paul didn't know what to make of this comment, but it was genuine from Boo, who later explained he genuinely didn't know that Lawrie won in '99 because "I don't follow golf."

• Like 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

1 minute ago, RLM said:

Really? He's been a really solid player on the European Tour for a while now and contended for the 2015 Open before he hit OOB on the 17th in the final round.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/golf/eddie-pepperell-english-golfer-in-open-2015-contention-after-incredible-round-at-st-andrews-10399994.html

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

For those also following the lag putting thread, that was a very good putt from 94 feet.

Update: and a very good two-putt from 94 feet :-) 

• Like 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

Two shots gained, but before the leaders reach this par 5.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Looks like Spieth and Schauffele are both about to drop one, as well. 

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Just now, Zeph said:

Two shots gained, but before the leaders reach this par 5.

Did he use the computer track? The one that went off the green and came back on? lol

Wayne

Xander and Spieth potentially could drop a shot and Tiger just birdied.

They may hear the footsteps soon...

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

6 minutes ago, Blackjack Don said:

Did anyone catch the post-round interview with Jordan Speith? One tiny thing that jarred me, that seemed off-key, esp for Speith. When it seemed to go a bit long when he was asked to comment on another golfer, he said, "I don't get paid for this." 

I think she noticed it, because she said, "Let's get back to what you are paid to do," and asked him a question. Did this seem kind of weird to anyone else?

I know, picky, but I find it interesting to see unguarded moments.

Meh I think he was just trying to make a joke 

Note: This thread is 2097 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!