IGNORED

2018 British Open Championship at Carnoustie

Wally Fairway
Note: This thread is 2096 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Make this putt Tiger...

PING G400 Max 9*  Taylormade  M2 15*  Callaway Steelhead XR 19* & 22*   Callaway Apex CF-16 5-GW  Callaway MD3 54* & 58*  RIFE 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet 34"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Golfing gods may actually be with Tiger today. He just narrowly skirted a bunker on 10. Narrowly missed the burn on 18. And maybe he'll get the winds to kick up just a notch this afternoon and sit and watch as players stabilize or come down.

Yupp, if offered 5 under before the start of the round, I am certain he would have jumped all over it. Great save! 

Just need the weather to kick in right about now.. 😋

Edited by GolfLug

Vishal S.

Tiger with a good round today but so will lots of other people by the end of the day.

Zach Johnson with an excellent putt there.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

1 minute ago, billchao said:

Tiger with a good round today but so will lots of other people by the end of the day.

Two eagles on no 6 for ZJ this week already. Wow.

Vishal S.

The Burn taketh. And the Burn giveth. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Tiger danced pretty close to the fire today...nearly got "burned".

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

20 minutes ago, billchao said:

If I'm Tiger, I'm hoping no one gets lower than -8, which I think is realistic given there's still 4 really tough holes on the back 9. Some easy ones, too, though at 11 and 14. Given the forecast tomorrow, you can go anywhere from 68 to 80. You're going to see a lot leaderboard changing tomorrow. Crazy things happen when it's a blustery day. In 1995, Daly was -5 and 4 back of leader and then the winds howled on the last day like I've never seen. Daly shot a 71 and won as everyone above him crumbled. So if I'm at -4 or -5, I'm hoping the leader gets no where more than 5 above me and that will make me like my chances a lot better.

Edited by ChrisP

Of these “second tier Americans”, Schauffele seems most dangerous and ready to move up to the top tier. I would be surprised if Kisner or Perez or Chappell won, but not surprised if Schauffele won.

16 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

If I'm Tiger, I'm hoping no one gets lower than -8, which I think is realistic given there's still 4 really tough holes on the back 9. Some easy ones, too, though at 11 and 14. Given the forecast tomorrow, you can go anywhere from 68 to 80. You're going to see a lot leaderboard changing tomorrow. Crazy things happen when it's a blustery day. In 1995, Daly was -5 and 4 back of leader and then the winds howled on the last day like I've never seen. Daly shot a 71 and won as everyone above him crumbled. So if I'm at -4 or -5, I'm hoping the leader gets no where more than 5 above me and that will make me like my chances a lot better.

There are a lot of good bad weather golfers on that leaderboard. Might punish Kisner's ballstriking, but it plays to Zach Johnson's strengths. Great tournament so far.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

3 minutes ago, billchao said:

There are a lot of good bad weather golfers on that leaderboard. Might punish Kisner's ballstriking, but it plays to Zach Johnson's strengths. Great tournament so far.

Very true.

Going to make for an exciting Sunday.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Classic McIlroy three putt from nowhere. You just don't really see anyone else near the top of the leaderboards do it anywhere near that often.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

9 minutes ago, billchao said:

Kisner is kinda like Lombard right now (well, maybe not that dramatic). Not sure where this is coming from. Hasn't exactly had a good stretch of golf this year.  In his last 7 tourneys he has 4 MCs and nothing better than a T-52.

But I agree with you about Zach. This bad weather will benefit him most as well as Tommy Fleetwood. Probably hurt Rory the most who struggles to putt in good weather.

Edited by ChrisP

1 minute ago, b101 said:

Classic McIlroy three putt from nowhere. You just don't really see anyone else near the top of the leaderboards do it anywhere near that often.

He can be so frustrating. 

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Find myself rooting against everybody except Tiger now.

Some say Tiger was lucky today, bit he missed a lot of birdies by an inch.

4 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

He can be so frustrating. 

And feels like another is on its way. Ugh.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Note: This thread is 2096 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!