Phil McGleno

Kuchar Pays Caddie $5k, Is Shamed, Pays $50k

244 posts / 16553 viewsLast Reply

On 2/14/2019 at 9:55 AM, DeadMan said:

A regular caddy, with a win, will get paid somewhere between 8-10% of the total winnings. That's not unprecedented at all. If his regular caddy had been on his bag, he would have had to pay that. Caddies don't get paid that much unless it's a win, either. I believe most get a flat salary and then a % of winnings that steps up based on the player's finish in an event. They don't get 10% per event.

I think they can get sponsor money as well. Thats why a lot of the caddies have the same branding on their clothes.

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

13 hours ago, saevel25 said:

I doubt it. The only thing he has to do is watch out the next time he gets a local caddie, and if he wins. Outside of that, this will blow over pretty quickly. It's not substantial news.

Do you even know if he has a management team? He probably has an agent who gets him advertisement deals.

Second, even if he does have a management team, did he even run this by them? If not, then how can you blame his management team?

Also, I bet if he gave the guy 50K, he still would have gotten slammed in social media by someone. It would have looked less bad, but in some instances you can't look good at all.

I disagree. I bet if he had just kicked the guy $30k quietly after he won we would not be talking about this at all.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I played in an outing in Florida. The caddie we had came from Doral. he caddie in many pro am's and said if Kuchar was in the foursome and it came time to tip the caddies he was already in the parking lot driving off. He said he was the cheapest person on tour. Kuchar figured he can get over on the poor Mexican. As a bonus Kuchar gave him a coupon to Taco bell

6 hours ago, KevinX said:

I played in an outing in Florida. The caddie we had came from Doral. he caddie in many pro am's and said if Kuchar was in the foursome and it came time to tip the caddies he was already in the parking lot driving off. He said he was the cheapest person on tour. Kuchar figured he can get over on the poor Mexican. As a bonus Kuchar gave him a coupon to Taco bell

Well, I can't say I am surprised by this revelation.

1 hour ago, colin007 said:

I couldn't make out what he said

1 hour ago, DeadMan said:

We all know what money means to him

Which in an Irish accent sounds like "Ya cheeep bahstahd".