IGNORED

Kuchar Pays Caddie $5k, Is Shamed, Pays $50k

Phil McGleno
Note: This thread is 1724 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 2/14/2019 at 9:55 AM, DeadMan said:

A regular caddy, with a win, will get paid somewhere between 8-10% of the total winnings. That's not unprecedented at all. If his regular caddy had been on his bag, he would have had to pay that. Caddies don't get paid that much unless it's a win, either. I believe most get a flat salary and then a % of winnings that steps up based on the player's finish in an event. They don't get 10% per event.

I think they can get sponsor money as well. Thats why a lot of the caddies have the same branding on their clothes.

13 hours ago, saevel25 said:

I doubt it. The only thing he has to do is watch out the next time he gets a local caddie, and if he wins. Outside of that, this will blow over pretty quickly. It's not substantial news.

Do you even know if he has a management team? He probably has an agent who gets him advertisement deals.

Second, even if he does have a management team, did he even run this by them? If not, then how can you blame his management team?

Also, I bet if he gave the guy 50K, he still would have gotten slammed in social media by someone. It would have looked less bad, but in some instances you can't look good at all.

I disagree. I bet if he had just kicked the guy $30k quietly after he won we would not be talking about this at all.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I played in an outing in Florida. The caddie we had came from Doral. he caddie in many pro am's and said if Kuchar was in the foursome and it came time to tip the caddies he was already in the parking lot driving off. He said he was the cheapest person on tour. Kuchar figured he can get over on the poor Mexican. As a bonus Kuchar gave him a coupon to Taco bell

6 hours ago, KevinX said:

I played in an outing in Florida. The caddie we had came from Doral. he caddie in many pro am's and said if Kuchar was in the foursome and it came time to tip the caddies he was already in the parking lot driving off. He said he was the cheapest person on tour. Kuchar figured he can get over on the poor Mexican. As a bonus Kuchar gave him a coupon to Taco bell

Well, I can't say I am surprised by this revelation.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

• 5 months later...
  • Administrator

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

bisc-wow.gif

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

I like Rory even more. Beautiful.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

4 minutes ago, colin007 said:

I couldn't make out what he said

We all know what money means to him

• Thumbs Up 2

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

1 hour ago, colin007 said:

I couldn't make out what he said

1 hour ago, DeadMan said:

We all know what money means to him

Which in an Irish accent sounds like "Ya cheeep bahstahd".

• Like 3

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 1724 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!